- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 247393, 3 pages
Calculated Changes in the Elastic Properties of MgCNi3 at the Superconducting Transition
School of Applied Physics, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 43600 Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 29 November 2012; Accepted 8 January 2013
Academic Editor: Mark Blamire
Copyright © 2013 R. Abd-Shukor. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. He, Q. Huang, A. P. Ramirez et al., “Superconductivity in the non-oxide perovskite MgCNi3,” Nature, vol. 411, no. 6833, pp. 54–56, 2001.
- A. Walte, G. Fuchs, K. H. Muller et al., “Evidence for strong electronphonon coupling in MgCNi3,” Physical Review B, vol. 70, Article ID 174503, pp. 1–18, 2004.
- I. R. Shein, V. V. Bannikov, and A. L. Ivanovskii, “Structural, elastic and electronic properties of superconducting anti-perovskites MgCNi3, ZnCNi3 and CdCNi3 from first principles,” Physica C, vol. 468, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2008.
- S. Q. Wu, Z. F. Hou, and Z. Z. Zhu, “Elastic properties and electronic structures of CdCNi3: a comparative study with MgCNi3,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 251–258, 2009.
- R. T. Beyer and S. V. Letcher, Physical Acoustics, Academic, New York, NY, USA, 1969.
- R. L. Testardi, “Elastic modulus, thermal expansion, and specific heat at a phase transition,” Physical Review B, vol. 12, pp. 3849–3954, 1975.
- G. A. Alers, Physical Acoustics, vol. 4, W. P. Academic, New York, NY, USA, 1966, edited by Mason.
- G. Vaitheeswaran, V. Kanchana, A. Svane, and A. Delin, “Elastic properties of MgCNi3—a superconducting perovskite,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 19, no. 32, Article ID 326214, 2007.
- Z. F. Wei, X. L. Chen, G. C. Che, F. Wang, F.-M. Li, and M. He, “Debye temperature of the MgCNi3 superconductor,” Chinese Physics Letters, vol. 19, pp. 249–251, 2002.
- S. H. Park, Y. W. Lee, J. Giim, S. H. Jung, H. C. Ri, and E. J. Choi, “Specific heat study of (Mg0.85Zn0.15)CNi3 and MgCNi3,” Physica C, vol. 400, no. 3-4, pp. 160–164, 2004.
- J. Lin, P. L. Ho, H. L. Huang et al., “BCS-like superconductivity in MgCNi3,” Physical Review B, vol. 67, pp. 525011–525014, 2003.
- J. M. Getino, H. Rubio, and M. de Llano, “Cooper pairing in the van hove singularity scenario of high-temperature superconductivity,” Solid State Communications, vol. 83, no. 11, pp. 891–893, 1992.
- W. L. McMillan, “Transition temperature of strong-coupled superconductors,” Physical Review, vol. 167, pp. 331–334, 1968.
- J. Y. Lin and H. D. Yang, “MgCNi3: a conventional and yet puzzling superconductor,” http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0308198.
- G. A. Alers and D. L. Waldorf, “Variation of the elastic moduli at the superconducting transition,” IBM Journal, vol. 6, pp. 89–93, 1962.
- R. Abd-Shukor, “Calculated sound velocity change in LaFeAsO0.89F0.11 at the superconducting transition,” Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 1229–1230, 2010.
- A. J. Millis and K. M. Rabe, “Superconductivity and lattice distortions in high- superconductors,” Physical Review B, vol. 38, no. 13, pp. 8908–8919, 1988.
- D. J. Bishop, P. L. Gammel, A. P. Ramirez, R. J. Cava, B. Batlogg, and E. A. Rietman, “Ultrasound studies of the high- superconductor La1.85Sr0.15CuO4,” Physical Review B, vol. 35, no. 16, pp. 8788–8790, 1987.
- R. Abd-Shukor, “Calculated elastic properties of MgB2 at the superconducting transition,” Solid State Communications, vol. 122, no. 9, pp. 503–505, 2002.
- R. Abd-Shukor and W. Kong, “Calculated sound velocity and elastic moduli changes in LaOFeP and LiFeAs at the superconducting transition,” Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1607–1609, 2011.