- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 281575, 5 pages
Application of Macrofiber Composite for Smart Transducer of Lamb Wave Inspection
School of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul 133-791, Republic of Korea
Received 4 October 2013; Accepted 20 October 2013
Academic Editor: Kean Aw
Copyright © 2013 Gang Ren and Kyung-Young Jhang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. B. Thein, G. Park, and C. R. Farrar, “Health monitoring of pipeline systems using macro-fiber composite active-sensor,” Steel Structures, vol. 7, pp. 33–48, 2007.
- S. B. Kim and H. Sohn, “Instantaneous reference-free crack detection based on polarization characteristics of piezoelectric materials,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 2375–2387, 2007.
- V. Giurgiutiu, “Tuned Lamb wave excitation and detection with piezoelectric wafer active sensors for structural health monitoring,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 291–305, 2005.
- H. A. Sodano, G. Park, and D. J. Inman, “An investigation into the performance of macro-fiber composites for sensing and structural vibration applications,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 683–697, 2004.
- M. Barbezat, A. J. Brunner, P. Flueler, C. Huber, and X. Kornmann, “Acoustic emission sensor properties of active fibre composite elements compared with commercial acoustic emission sensors,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 13–20, 2004.
- Q. Q. Zhang, S. J. Gross, S. Tadigadapa, T. N. Jackson, F. T. Djuth, and S. Trolier-McKinstry, “Lead zirconate titanate films for d33 mode cantilever actuators,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 105, no. 1, pp. 91–97, 2003.
- X. Lin and F. G. Yuan, “Diagnostic Lamb waves in an integrated piezoelectric sensor/actuator plate: analytical and experimental studies,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 907–913, 2001.
- R. B. Williams, G. Park, D. J. Inman, and W. K. Wilkie, “An overview of composite actuators with piezoceramic fibers,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Modal Analysis Conference, pp. 421–427, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, February 2002.
- H. M. Matt and F. L. di Scalea, “Macro-fiber composite piezoelectric rosettes for acoustic source location in complex structures,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 16, no. 4, article 064, pp. 1489–1499, 2007.
- A. B. Thien, H. C. Chiamori, J. T. Ching, J. R. Wait, and G. Park, “The use of macro-fibre composites for pipeline structural health assessment,” Structural Control and Health Monitoring, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 43–63, 2008.
- F. L. di Scalea, H. Matt, I. Bartoli, S. Coccia, G. Park, and C. Farrar, “Health monitoring of UAV wing skin-to-spar joints using guided waves and macro fiber composite transducers,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 373–388, 2007.