- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 304676, 8 pages
Performance Evaluation of Crumb Rubber Modified Stone Mastic Asphalt Pavement in Malaysia
Center for Transportation Research, Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 26 May 2013; Accepted 11 July 2013
Academic Editor: Wen-Hua Sun
Copyright © 2013 Nuha Salim Mashaan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. J. Rozeveld, E. Shin, A. Bhurke, L. France, and L. Drzal, “Network morphology of straight and polymer modified asphalt cements,” Microscopy Research and Technique, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 529–543, 1997.
- R. Richard and T. Bent, Road Engineering for Development, Spon Press, London, UK, 2nd edition, 2004.
- E. R. Brown and M. Hemant, “Evaluation of Labrotary properties of SMA mixture,” NCATR Report No. 93-5, National Center for Asphalt Technology, Auburn University, 1993.
- N. S. Mashaan, The effect of crumb rubber modifier to the properties and rheological behaviour of asphalt binder [M.S. thesis], University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2012.
- Y. Huang, R. N. Bird, and O. Heidrich, “A review of the use of recycled solid waste materials in asphalt pavements,” Resources, Conservation and Recycling, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 58–73, 2007.
- D. C. Thompson and A. J. Hoiberg, Eds., Bituminous Materials: Asphalt Tars and Pitches, Krieger Publishing, New York, NY, USA, 1979.
- U. Isacsson and X. Lu, “Characterization of bitumens modified with SEBS, EVA and EBA polymers,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 34, no. 15, pp. 3737–3745, 1999.
- Y. Yildirim, “Polymer modified asphalt binders,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 66–72, 2007.
- A. Mahrez, Properties of rubberised bitumen binder and its effect on the bituminous mix [M.S. thesis], Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1999.
- L. Raad and S. Saboundjian, “Fatigue behavior of rubber-modified pavements,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1639, pp. 73–82, 1998.
- J. R. Lundy, R. G. Hicks, and H. Zhou, “Ground rubber tires in asphalt-concrete mixtures—three case histories,” ASTM Special Technical Publication, STP1193, pp. 262–275, 1993.
- H. Zhu and D. D. Carlson, “A spray based crumb rubber technology in highway noise reduction application,” Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 27–33, 2001.
- Z. Sufian and M. S. Mustafa, “Prospects of rubberised bitumen pavement Malaysia roads and highways,” in Proceedings of the Conference on the Use of Rubberised Bitumen in the Road Construction, 1997.
- A. Samsuri, S. Hasshim, M. H. Harun, and A. L. M. Dewa, “Rubberised—bitumen for road construction,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on the Usage of Rubber in Engineering Technology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1995.
- N. S. Mashaan, A. H. Ali, M. R. Karim, and M. Abdelaziz, “Effect of crumb rubber concentration on the physical and rheological properties of rubberised bitumen binders,” International Journal of Physical Sciences, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 684–690, 2011.
- N. S. Mashaan, A. H. Ali, M. R. Karim, and M. Abdelaziz, “Effect of blending time and crumb rubber content on properties of crumb rubber modified asphalt binder,” International Journal of Physical Sciences, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 2189–2193, 2011.
- N. S. Mashaan, A. H. Ali, M. R. Karim, and M. Abdelaziz, “An overview of crumb rubber modified asphalt,” International Journal of Physical Sciences, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 166–170, 2012.
- N. S. Mashaan and M. R. Karim, “Investigating the rheological properties of crumb rubber modified bitumen and its correlation with temperature susceptibility,” Materials Research, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 116–127, 2013.
- A. H. Ali, N. S. Mashaan, and M. R. Karim, “Investigations of physical and rheological properties of aged rubberised bitumen,” Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 239036, 7 pages, 2013.
- Jabatan Kerja Raya Malaysia (JKR), Standard Specification for Road Work, Jabatan Kerja Raya Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2007.
- ASTM D1559-89, “Standard test method for resistance to plastic flow of bituminous mixtures using Marshall Apparatus,” 1992.
- ASTM D, 4123-82, “Standard test method for indirect tension test for resilient modulus of bituminous mixtures,” 1995.
- A. Mahrez, Properties and performance of stone mastic asphalt reinforced with glass fibre [Ph.D. thesis], Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2008.
- I. M. Asi, “Laboratory comparison study for the use of stone matrix asphalt in hot weather climates,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 982–989, 2006.