- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 307207, 6 pages
Analysis and Testing of MR Shear Transmission Driven by SMA Spring
1College of Mechanical Engineering, Chongqing University of Technology, Chongqing 400050, China
2College of Vehicle Engineering, Chongqing University of Technology, Chongqing 400050, China
Received 11 July 2013; Accepted 27 August 2013
Academic Editor: Xing Chen
Copyright © 2013 Jin Huang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. S. Kim, Y. D. Liu, B. J. Park, C.-Y. You, and H. J. Choi, “Carbonyl iron particles dispersed in a polymer solution and their rheological characteristics under applied magnetic field,” Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 664–667, 2012.
- J. Zhang, J.-Q. Zhang, and J.-F. Jia, “Characteristic analysis of magnetorheological fluid based on different carriers,” Journal of Central South University of Technology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 252–255, 2008.
- A. S. Shafer and M. R. Kermani, “On the feasibility and suitability of mr fluid clutches in human-friendly manipulators,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1073–1082, 2011.
- T. Kikuchi, K. Otsuki, J. Furusho et al., “Development of a compact magnetorheological fluid clutch for human-friendly actuator,” Advanced Robotics, vol. 25, no. 9-10, pp. 1363–1363, 2011.
- P. Kielan, P. Kowol, and Z. Pilch, “Conception of the electronic controlled magnetorheological clutch,” Przeglad Elektrotechniczny, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 93–95, 2011.
- J. Huang, L. Fu, and L. Zhong, “Analysis of a magnetorheological transmission for fan clutch,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 287-290, pp. 173–177, 2011.
- Z. Herold, D. Libl, and J. Deur, “Design and testing of an experimental magnetorheological fluid clutch,” Strojarstvo, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 601–614, 2010.
- J. Huang, J. Q. Zhang, Y. Yang, and Y. Q. Wei, “Analysis and design of a cylindrical magneto-rheological fluid brake,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 129, no. 1-3, pp. 559–562, 2002.
- A. Farjoud, N. Vahdati, and Y. F. Fah, “Mathematical model of drum-type MR brakes using herschel-bulkley shear model,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 565–572, 2008.
- J. Huang, J. He, and G. Lu, “Analysis and design of magnetorheological damper,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 148-149, pp. 882–886, 2011.
- X. C. Zhu, X. J. Jing, and L. Cheng, “Magnetorheological fluid dampers: a review on structure design and analysis,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 839–873, 2012.
- E. Dragašius, V. Grigas, D. Mažeika, and A. Šulginas, “Evaluation of the resistance force of magnetorheological fluid damper,” Journal of Vibroengineering, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- M. Y. Salloom and Z. Samad, “Design and modeling magnetorheological directional control valve,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 155–167, 2012.
- J. Huang, J. M. He, and J. Q. Zhang, “Viscoplastic flow of the MR fluid in a cylindrical valve,” Key Engineering Materials, vol. 274-276, no. 1, pp. 969–974, 2004.
- G. Costanza, M. E. Tata, and C. Calisti, “Nitinol one-way shape memory springs: thermomechanical characterization and actuator design,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 157, no. 1, pp. 113–117, 2010.
- S. Huang, M. Leary, T. Ataalla, K. Probst, and A. Subic, “Optimisation of Ni-Ti shape memory alloy response time by transient heat transfer analysis,” Materials and Design, vol. 35, pp. 655–663, 2012.
- S. Langbein and A. Czechowicz, “Adaptive resetting of SMA actuators,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 127–134, 2012.
- S. Degeratu, P. Rotaru, G. Manolea, H. O. Manolea, and A. Rotaru, “Thermal characteristics of Ni-Ti SMA (shape memory alloy) actuators,” Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 695–700, 2009.
- J. Ma, H. Shu, and J. Huang, “MR continuously variable transmission driven by SMA for centrifugal fan in nuclear power plant,” Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations, vol. 2012, Article ID 205675, 6 pages, 2012.
- J. D. Carlson and M. R. Jolly, “MR fluid, foam and elastomer devices,” Mechatronics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 555–569, 2000.