- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 326538, 5 pages
Effect of Soil Burial on Tensile Properties of Polypropylene/Plasticized Cassava Starch Blends
Department of Polymer and Tensile Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State 1526, Nigeria
Received 31 May 2013; Revised 26 September 2013; Accepted 26 September 2013
Academic Editor: Jun Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Henry C. Obasi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. P. La Mantia, C. Scaffaro, and C. Bastioli, “Recycling of a starch-based biodegradable Polymer,” Macromolecular Symposia, vol. 180, no. 1, pp. 133–140, 2002.
- V. T. Breslin, “Degradation of starch-plastic composites in a municipal solid waste landfill,” Journal of Environmental Polymer Degradation, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 127–141, 1993.
- W. Liu, Y.-J. Wang, and Z. Sun, “Effects of polyethylene-grafted maleic anhydride (PE-g-MA) on thermal properties, morphology, and tensile properties of low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and corn starch blends,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 88, no. 13, pp. 2904–2911, 2003.
- D. Bikiaris and C. Panayiotou, “LDPE/starch blends compatibilized with PE-g-MA copolymers,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 70, no. 8, pp. 1503–1521, 1998.
- D. Raghavan, “Characterization of biodegradable plastics,” Polymer-Plastics Technology Engineering, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 41–63, 1995.
- R. L. Shogren, C. L. Swansin, and A. R. Thompson, “Extrudates of corn starch with urea and glycols: structure/mechanical property relations,” Starch Starke, vol. 44, pp. 335–338, 1992.
- L. Averous, N. Fauconnier, L. Moro, and C. Fringant, “Blends of thermoplastic starch and polyesteramide: processing and properties,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 76, no. 7, pp. 1117–1128, 2000.
- N. St-Pierre, B. D. Favis, B. A. Ramsay, J. A. Ramsay, and H. Verhoogt, “Processing and characterization of thermoplastic starch/polyethylene blends,” Polymer, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 647–655.
- H. Ismail, A. R. Majid, and M. R. Taib, “.Effects of soil burial on properties of LDPE/thermoplastic sago starch blends,” Pertanika Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 189–197, 2011.
- A. C. Albertsson and S. Karlsson, “Degradable polymers for the future,” Acta Polymers, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 114–123, 1995.