- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 382534, 8 pages
Contribution of Process Annealing on the Development of Microstructure and Texture of Cu-30Zn Brass
1Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune 411025, India
2SSQAG, c/o ASL Laboratory, Hyderabad 500058, India
3Defence Metallurgical Research Laboratory, Hyderabad 500058, India
Received 20 May 2013; Revised 6 August 2013; Accepted 20 August 2013
Academic Editor: Aloysius Soon
Copyright © 2013 S. Hagos et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Doig, Military Metallurgy, Maney, London, UK, 1998.
- V. Raghavan, Physical Metallurgy, Principles and Practice, Prentice Hall Private Limited, New Delhi, India, 2nd edition, 2006.
- G. E. Dieter, Mechanical Metallurgy, McGraw-Hill, London, UK, 1988.
- S. Pasebani, M. R. Toroghinejad, M. Hosseini, and J. Szpunar, “Textural evolution of nano-grained 70/30 brass produced by accumulative roll-bonding,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 527, no. 7-8, pp. 2050–2056, 2010.
- M. Salari and A. Akbarzadeh, “Effect of microstructural inhomogeneities on texture evolution in 90–10 Brass sheets,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 182, no. 1–3, pp. 440–444, 2007.
- M. Miraglia, P. Dawson, and T. Leffers, “On the influence of mechanical environment on the emergence of brass textures in FCC metals,” Acta Materialia, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 799–812, 2007.
- R. L. Fleischer, “Number of active slip systems in polycrystalline brass: implications for ductility in other structures,” Acta Metallurgica, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 2129–2136, 1987.
- W. Y. Yeung and B. J. Duggan, “On the plastic strain carried by shear bands in cold-rolled α-brass,” Scripta Metallurgica, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 485–490, 1987.
- B. Gonzalez, L. E. Murr, O. L. Valerio, E. V. Esquivel, and H. Lopez, “Microbands and microtwins associated with impact craters in copper and brass targets: the role of stacking fault energy,” Materials Characterization, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 359–366, 2003.
- J. Hirsch, K. Lücke, and M. Hatherly, “Overview No. 76: mechanism of deformation and development of rolling textures in polycrystalline f.c.c. metals-III. The influence of slip inhomogeneities and twinning,” Acta Metallurgica, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 2905–2927, 1988.
- F. J. Humphreys and M. Hatherly, Recrystallization and Related Annealing Phenomena, Elsevier, Oxford, UK, 2004.
- J. Hirsch and K. Lücke, “Overview no. 76: mechanism of deformation and development of rolling textures in polycrystalline f.c.c. metals-I. Description of rolling texture development in homogeneous CuZn alloys,” Acta Metallurgica, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 2863–2882, 1988.
- T. Leffers and R. K. Ray, “The brass-type texture and its deviation from the copper-type texture,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 351–396, 2009.
- K. Lücke and U. Schmidt, “The recrystallization texture of α-brass,” Journal of the Less Common Metals, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 187–191, 1972.
- M. Hatherly, A. S. Malin, C. M. Carmichael, F. J. Humphreys, and J. Hirsch, “Deformation processes in hot worked copper and α brass,” Acta Metallurgica, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 2247–2257, 1986.
- H. Paul, J. H. Driver, C. Maurice, and Z. Jasieński, “Crystallographic aspects of the early stages of recrystallisation in brass-type shear bands,” Acta Materialia, vol. 50, no. 17, pp. 4339–4355, 2002.
- J. Liu, S. W. Banovic, R. J. Fields, and J. G. Morris, “Effect of intermediate heat treatment on microstructure and texture evolution of continuous cast Al-Mn-Mg alloy sheet,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 1887–1891, 2006.
- F. B. Pickering, Physical Metallurgy and the Design of Steels, Applied Science Publisher Limited, London, UK, 1978.
- K. S. Suresh, S. Sinha, A. Chaudhary, and S. Suwas, “Development of microstructure and texture in Copper during warm accumulative roll bonding,” Materials Characterization, vol. 70, pp. 74–82, 2012.
- E. El-Danaf, S. R. Kalidindi, R. D. Doherty, and C. Necker, “Deformation texture transition in brass: critical role of micro-scale shear bands,” Acta Materialia, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 2665–2673, 2000.
- T. Oeztuerk and G. J. Davies, “Texture and formability in fcc metals and alloys,” Material Science and Technology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 186–193, 1989.