- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 391267, 9 pages
Thermal and Cure Kinetics of Epoxy Molding Compounds Cured with Thermal Latency Accelerators
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, National University of Kaohsiung, No. 700, Kaohsiung University Road, Nan-Tzu District, Kaohsiung 811, Taiwan
Received 30 November 2012; Accepted 14 January 2013
Academic Editor: Roham Rafiee
Copyright © 2013 Chean-Cheng Su et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. H. Ryu, K. S. Choi, and W. G. Kim, “Latent catalyst effects in halogen-free epoxy molding compounds for semiconductor encapsulation,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 96, no. 6, pp. 2287–2299, 2005.
- G. H. Hsiue, Y. L. Liu, and H. H. Liao, “Flame-retardant epoxy resins: an approach from organic-inorganic hybrid nanocomposites,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 39, no. 37, pp. 986–996, 2001.
- N. Kinjo, M. Ogata, K. Nishi, and A. Kaneda, “Epoxy molding compounds as encapsulation materials for microelectronic devices,” Advanced Polymer Science, vol. 88, no. 1, pp. 1–48, 1989.
- Y. Nakamura, M. Yamaguchi, A. Tanaka, and M. Okubo, “Thermal shock test of integrated circuit packages sealed with epoxy moulding compounds filled with spherical silica particles,” Polymer, vol. 34, no. 15, pp. 3220–3224, 1993.
- H. F. Mark, Encyclopedia of Polymer Science and Technology, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2007.
- A. Romanchick and J. F. Geibel, “Synthesis of solid rubber-modified epoxy resins,” Organic Coatings and Applied Polymer Science Processing, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 410–415, 1982.
- A. M. Tomuta, X. Ramis, and F. Ferrando, “The use of dihydrazides as latent curing agents in diglycidyl ether of bisphenol A coatings,” Progress in Organic Coatings, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 59–66, 2012.
- I. Glavchev, K. Petrova, and I. Devedjiev, “Determination of the rate of cure of epoxy resin/maleic anhydride/Lewis acids,” Polymer Testing, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 89–91, 2002.
- C. S. Wang and C. Kwag, “Cure kinetics of an epoxy-anhydride-imidazole resin system by isothermal DSC,” Polymers and Polymer Composites, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 445–454, 2006.
- Z. Ma and J. Gao, “Curing kinetics of o-cresol formaldehyde epoxy resin and succinic anhydride system catalyzed by tertiary amine,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 25, pp. 12380–12383, 2006.
- T. Nakaya, M. Shimbo, and T. Takahama, “Effects of tertiary amine accelerators on curing of epoxide resins,” Journal of Polymer Science B, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 1931–1941, 1986.
- A. Srivastava, N. Pal, S. Agarwal, and J. S. P. Rai, “Kinetics and mechanism of esterification of epoxy resin with methacrylic acid in the presence of tertiary amines,” Advances in Polymer Technology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2005.
- H. Niino, S. Noguchi, Y. Nakano, and S. Tazuke, “Aminimide as hardener/curing promotor for one part epoxy resin composition,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 2361–2368, 1982.
- X. D. Liu, M. Kimura, A. Sudo, and T. Endo, “Accelerating effects of N-aryl-N′,N′-dialkyl ureas on epoxy-dicyandiamide curing system,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 48, no. 23, pp. 5298–5305, 2010.
- P. N. Son and C. D. Weber, “Some aspects of monuron-accelerated dicyandiamide cure of epoxy resins,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1305–1313, 1973.
- M. Kobayashi, F. Sanda, and T. Endo, “Substituent effect of (triphenylphosphinemethylene)boranes on latent catalytic activity for polyaddition of bisphenol a diglycidyl ether with bisphenol a: model system of epoxy-novolac resin,” Macromolecules, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 346–348, 2002.
- S. Han, W. G. Kim, H. G. Yoon, and T. J. Moon, “Curing reaction of biphenyl epoxy resin with different phenolic functional hardeners,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 773–783, 1998.
- W. G. Kim, J. Y. Lee, and K. Y. Park, “Curing reaction of o-cresol novolac epoxy resin according to hardener change,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 633–639, 1993.
- M. Ogata, N. Kinjo, S. Eguchi, H. Hozoji, T. Kawata, and H. Sashima, “Effects of curing accelerators on physical properties of epoxy molding compound (EMC),” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 44, no. 10, pp. 1795–1805, 1992.
- C. C. Su, C. H. Wei, and C. C. Yang, “Elucidating how advanced organophosphine accelerators affect molding compounds,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry, 2013.
- W. G. Kim and J. H. Ryu, “Physical properties of epoxy molding compound for semiconductor encapsulation according to the coupling treatment process change of silica,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 65, no. 10, pp. 1975–1982, 1997.
- C. C. Su and E. M. Woo, “Cure kinetics and morphology of amine-cured tetraglycidyl-4,4′-diaminodiphenylmethane epoxy blends with poly(ether imide),” Polymer, vol. 36, no. 15, pp. 2883–2894, 1995.
- C. C. Su, Y. P. Huang, and E. M. Woo, “Curing kinetics and reaction-induced homogeneity in networks of poly(4-vinyl phenol) and diglycidylether epoxide cured with amine,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2005.
- C. C. Su and E. M. Woo, “Diffusion-controlled reaction mechanisms during cure in polycarbonate-modified epoxy networks,” Journal of Polymer Science B, vol. 35, no. 13, pp. 2141–2150, 1997.
- K. C. Cole, J. J. Hechler, and D. Noël, “A new approach to modeling the cure kinetics of epoxy amine thermosetting resins. 2. Application to a typical system based on bis[4-(diglycidylamino)phenyl]methane and bis(4-aminophenyl) sulfone,” Macromolecules, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 3098–3110, 1991.
- H. S. Fogler, Essentials of Chemical Reaction Engineering, Pearson Education, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 2011.