- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 393045, 8 pages
Design of a Plant Leaf Area Meter Using PV Cell and Embedded Microcontroller
1Ege University, Ege Higher Vocational School Control and Automation Technology Department, Bornova, 35100 İzmir, Turkey
2Ege University, Ege Higher Vocational School, Department of Electronics Technology, Bornova, 35100 İzmir, Turkey
Received 2 June 2013; Accepted 6 November 2013
Academic Editor: Aiguo Xu
Copyright © 2013 Dilşad Engin and Mustafa Engin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Pandey and H. Singh, “A simple cost-effective method for leaf area estimation,” Journal of Botany, vol. 2011, Article ID 658240, 6 pages, 2011.
- D. Wulfsohn, M. Sciortino, J. M. Aaslyng, and M. García-Fiñana, “Nondestructive, stereological estimation of canopy surface area,” Biometrics, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 159–168, 2010.
- E. Mendoza-de Gyves, V. Cristofori, C. Fallovo, Y. Rouphael, and C. Bignami, “Accurate and rapid technique for leaf area measurement in medlar (Mespilus germanica L.),” Advances in Horticultural Science, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 223–226, 2008.
- J. Diao, X. Lei, L. Hong, J. Rong, and Q. Shi, “Estimating single leaf area of Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus grandis × Eucalyptus urophylla) using leaf length and width,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Plant Growth Modeling, Simulation, Visualization and Applications (PMA '09), pp. 53–57, November 2009.
- F. Giuffrida, Y. Rouphael, S. Toscano et al., “A simple model for nondestructive leaf area estimation in bedding plants,” Photosynthetica, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 380–388, 2011.
- L. S. Caldas, C. Bravo, H. Piccolo, and C. R. Faria, “Measurement of leaf area with a hand-scanner linked to a microcomputer,” Revista Brasileira de Fisiologia Vegetal, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 17–20, 1992.
- C. Igathinathane, V. S. S. Prakash, U. Padma, G. R. Babu, and A. R. Womac, “Interactive computer software development for leaf area measurement,” Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, vol. 51, no. 1-2, pp. 1–16, 2006.
- Y. Murata and K. Hayashi, “On a new, automatic device for leaf-area-measurement,” Proceedings of the Crop Science Society of Japan, vol. 36, pp. 463–467, 1967.
- M. Tsuda, “Errors in leaf area measurement with an automatic area meter due to leaf chlorophyll in crop plants,” Annals of Botany, vol. 84, no. 6, pp. 799–801, 1999.
- M. Fladung and E. Ritter, “Plant leaf area measurements by personal computers,” Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, vol. 166, no. 1, pp. 69–70, 1991.
- A. Jia and S. Zhang, “Processing of leaf area measurement using digital photographic image based on matlab,” Journal of Shanxi Agricultural University (Natural Science Edition), vol. 1, pp. 80–82, 2006.
- T. Feng and W. Chun, “Calculating the leaf-area based on non-loss correction algorithm,” in Proceedings of the International Conference of Information Science and Management Engineering (ISME '10), pp. 75–78, August 2010.
- H. Hajjdiab and A. Obaid, “A vision-based approach for nondestructive leaf area estimation,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Conference on Environmental Science and Information Application Technology (ESIAT '10), pp. 53–56, July 2010.
- Q. Tian, Z. Cao, and R. Zhang, “Digital camera and Auto CAD based method for measuring the leaf area of landscape plants,” Grassland and Turf, vol. 3, pp. 25–28, 2008.
- C. Bin and L. Boyou, “The photoelectric leaf area measurement system based on MCU,” Journal of Agricultural Mechanization Research, 2010.
- T. Youwen and W. Xiaojuan, “Design of hand-held leaf area meter based on ARM9,” Journal of Agricultural Mechanization Research, 2009.
- L. Zhang and X.-S. Liu, “Non-destructive leaf-area estimation for Bergenia purpurascens across timberline ecotone, southeast Tibet,” Annales Botanici Fennici, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 346–352, 2010.
- D. H. Park, H. J. Kang, and S. H. Kim, “A study on image processing based leaf area measurement,” Future Information Technology, Application, and Service, vol. 179, pp. 97–102, 2012.
- E. Rico-García, F. Hernández-Hernández, G. M. Soto-Zarazúa, and G. Herrera-Ruiz, “Two new methods for the estimation of leaf area using digital photography,” International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 397–400, 2009.
- M. Marcon, K. Mariano, R. A. Braga, C. M. Paglis, M. S. Scalco, and G. W. Horgan, “Estimation of total leaf area in perennial plants using image analysis,” Revista Brasileira de Engenharia Agricola e Ambiental, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 96–101, 2011.
- C. Igathinathane, B. Chennakesavulu, K. Manohar, A. R. Womac, and L. O. Pordesimo, “Photovoltaic leaf area meter development and testing,” International Journal of Food Properties, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 53–67, 2008.
- K. Kirk, H. J. Andersen, A. G. Thomsen, J. R. Jørgensen, and R. N. Jørgensen, “Estimation of leaf area index in cereal crops using red-green images,” Biosystems Engineering, vol. 104, no. 3, pp. 308–317, 2009.
- Y. Tian and X. Wang, “Development of hand-held leaf area meter based on S3C2440,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Electronic Measurement and Instruments (ICEMI '09), pp. 2571–2575, IEEE, August 2009.
- Florida Solar Energy Center, Installing Photovoltaic Systems. A Question and Answer Guide For Solar Electric Systems, 1999.
- A. D. Hansen, P. S. Sørensen, L. H. Hansen, and H. Bindner, Models for a Stand-Alone PV System, Risø National Laboratory, 2000.
- T. Markvart and L. Castañer, Practical Handbook of Photovoltaics Fundamentals and Applications, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- S. Rustemli and F. Dincer, “Modeling of photovoltaic panel and examining effects of temperature in Matlab/Simulink,” Elektronika ir Elektrotechnika, vol. 109, no. 3, pp. 35–40, 2011.
- PHILIPS, PL-S 11W/10/2P 1CT lamp. 2012, http://www.ecat.lighting.philips.com/l/lamps/uv/fluorescent-specialties/actinic-bl-pl-s-pl-l/927902321007_eu/.
- J. Feldman, S. Singer, and A. Braunsten, “Solar cell interconnections and the shadow problem,” Solar Energy, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 419–428, 1981.
- N. D. Kaushika and N. K. Gautam, “Energy yield simulations of interconnected solar PV arrays,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 127–134, 2003.
- R. Kadri, H. Andrei, J.-P. Gaubert, T. Ivanovici, G. C. Gérard Champenois, and P. Andrei, “Modeling of the photovoltaic cell circuit parameters for optimum connection model and real-time emulator with partial shadow conditions,” Energy, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 57–67, 2011.
- L. A. Hecktheuer, A. Krenzinger, and C. W. M. Prieb, “Methodology for photovoltaic modules characterization and shading effects analysis,” Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 26–31, 2002.
- M. C. di Piazza and G. Vitale, “Photovoltaic field emulation including dynamic and partial shadow conditions,” Applied Energy, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 814–823, 2010.
- R. Ramaprabha and B. L. Mathur, “Modelling and simulation of solar pv array under partial shaded conditions,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies (ICSET '08), pp. 7–11, November 2008.
- S. Guo, T. M. Walsh, A. G. Aberle, and M. Peters, “Analysing partial shading of PV modules by circuit modelling,” in Proceedings of the 38th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC '12), IEEE, 2012.
- LEM. Hall-effect current sensor, 2012, http://www.semikron.com/products/data/cur/assets/LA_25_NP_90_08_19_000_0_13950115.pdf.
- P. Ripka, “Electric current sensors: a review,” Measurement Science and Technology, vol. 21, no. 11, Article ID 112001, 2010.
- TI. Stellaris LM3S811 Microcontroller, 2012, http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm3s811.pdf.
- R. Display, “OLED Display,” 2012, http://www.gamma.spb.ru/download/P16807-A03.pdf.