- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 394656, 9 pages
Effect of Zeolite Modification via Cationic Exchange Method on Mechanical, Thermal, and Morphological Properties of Ethylene Vinyl Acetate/Zeolite Composites
School of Materials and Mineral Resources Engineering, Engineering Campus, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 14300 Nibong Tebal, Penang, Malaysia
Received 25 July 2013; Revised 16 October 2013; Accepted 19 October 2013
Academic Editor: Jim Low
Copyright © 2013 N. D. Zaharri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. M. Auerbach, K. A. Carrado, and P. K. Dutta, Handbook of Layered Materials, CRC, 2004.
- F. R. Ribeiro, Zeolites—Science and Technology, vol. 80, Springer, 1984.
- L. B. Sand, “Synthesis of large-port and small port mordenites,” in Molecular Sieves, Society of Chemical Industry, London, UK, 1968.
- M. M. Dubinin, “Porous structure of adsorbents and catalysts,” Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 217–235, 1968.
- K. Ssing, D. Everett, R. Haul et al., “Reporting physisorption data for gas/solid system,” Pure and Applied Chemistry, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 603–619, 1985.
- P. A. Jacobs and J. A. Martens, Synthesis of High-Silica AluminoSilicate Zeolites, vol. 33, Elsevier Science Limited, 1987.
- A. Usuki, A. Koiwai, Y. Kojima et al., “Interaction of nylon 6-clay surface and mechanical properties of nylon 6‐clay hybrid,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 119–123, 2003.
- E. M. Araújo, R. Barbosa, A. W. B. Rodrigues, T. J. A. Melo, and E. N. Ito, “Processing and characterization of polyethylene/Brazilian clay nanocomposites,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 445, pp. 141–147, 2007.
- G. Lagaly, “Characterization of clays by organic compounds,” Clay Minerals, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 1–21, 1981.
- S. Chuayjuljit, R. Thongraar, and O. Saravari, “Preparation and properties of PVC/EVA/ organomodified montmorillonite nanocomposites,” Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 431–442, 2008.
- M. Badreddine, A. Legrouri, A. Barroug, A. de Roy, and J. P. Besse, “Ion exchange of different phosphate ions into the zinc-aluminum-chloride layered double hydroxide,” Materials Letters, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 391–395, 1999.
- S. Chandramouleeswaran and S. T. Mhaske, “Novel tailored polymeric surfactant for dispersing clay into the non polar polymer,” Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 1024–1028, 2008.
- H. Wu, C. Liu, J. Chen, Y. Yang, and Y. Chen, “Preparation and characterization of chitosan/α-zirconium phosphate nanocomposite films,” Polymer International, vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 923–930, 2010.
- G. P. Tsintskaladze, A. R. Nefedova, Z. V. Gryaznova, G. V. Tsitsishvili, and N. G. Gigolashvili, “Active centres of decationated zeolites in oxidative transformation of methanol,” Petroleum Chemistry, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 160–165, 1985.
- M. Auboiroux, F. Melou, F. Bergaya, and J. C. Touray, “Hard and soft acid-base model applied to bivalent cation selectivity on a 2:1 clay mineral,” Clays and Clay Minerals, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 546–555, 1998.
- M. Xanthos, Functional Fillers for Plastics, Wiley-Vch, 2010.
- R. Z. Greenley, J. Brandrup, and E. Immergut, “Polymer handbook,” in Polymer Handbook, pp. 267–274, 1989.
- R. Velmurugan and T. P. Mohan, “Room temperature processing of epoxy-clay nanocomposites,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 39, no. 24, pp. 7333–7339, 2004.
- H. Demir, D. Balköse, and S. Ülkü, “Influence of surface modification of fillers and polymer on flammability and tensile behaviour of polypropylene-composites,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 91, no. 5, pp. 1079–1085, 2006.
- J. Wang and R. Pyrz, “Prediction of the overall moduli of layered silicate-reinforced nanocomposites-part I: basic theory and formulas,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 64, no. 7, pp. 925–934, 2004.
- P. W. Balasuriya, L. Ye, and Y.-W. Mai, “Morphology and mechanical properties of reconstituted wood board waste-polyethylene composites,” Composite Interfaces, vol. 10, no. 2-3, pp. 319–341, 2003.
- W. S. Chow, Z. A. M. Ishak, U. S. Ishiaku, J. Karger-Kocsis, and A. A. Apostolov, “The effect of organoclay on the mechanical properties and morphology of injection-molded polyamide 6/polypropylene nanocomposites,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 175–189, 2004.
- H. van Olphen and J. Fripiat, Data Handbook for Clay Minerals and Other Non-Metallic Materials, Pergamon Press, New York, NY, USA, 1979.
- M. Alexandre and P. Dubois, “Polymer-layered silicate nanocomposites: preparation, properties and uses of a new class of materials,” Materials Science and Engineering R, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 1–63, 2000.
- S. S. Ray and M. Okamoto, “Polymer/layered silicate nanocomposites: a review from preparation to processing,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 1539–1641, 2003.
- W. Zhang, Y. Liang, W. Luo, and Y. Fang, “Effects of clay-modifying agents on the morphology and properties of poly(methyl methacrylate)/clay nanocomposites synthesized via γ-ray irradiation polymerization,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 41, no. 21, pp. 3218–3226, 2003.
- H. M. Jeong, B. C. Kim, and E. H. Kim, “Structure and properties of EVOH/organoclay nanocomposites,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 40, no. 14, pp. 3783–3787, 2005.