- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 395012, 6 pages
Studies on the Potential of Waste Soda Lime Silica Glass in Glass Ionomer Cement Production
1Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
2Materials Synthesis and Characterization Laboratory, Institute of Advanced Technology, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Received 8 April 2013; Revised 3 October 2013; Accepted 3 October 2013
Academic Editor: Luigi Nicolais
Copyright © 2013 V. W. Francis Thoo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. G. Steele, A. E. Sanders, G. D. Slade et al., “How do age and tooth loss affect oral health impacts and quality of life? a study comparing two national samples,” Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 107–114, 2004.
- J. John, S. A. Mani, and Y. Azizah, “Oral health care in the elderly population in Malaysia—a review,” Medical Journal of Malaysia, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 433–438, 2004.
- B. E. Kent, B. G. Lewis, and A. D. Wilson, “The properties of a glass ionomer cement,” British Dental Journal, vol. 135, no. 7, pp. 322–326, 1973.
- C. L. Davidson and I. A. Mjor, Advances in Glass-Ionomer Cements, Quintessence, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1999.
- S.-H. Park and K.-Y. Kim, “The anticariogenic effect of fluoride in primer, bonding agent, and composite resin in the cavosurface enamel area,” Operative Dentistry, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 115–120, 1997.
- A. D. Wilson and S. Crisp, “Ionomer cements,” British Polymer Journal, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 279–296, 1975.
- A. D. Wilson, “The chemistry of dental cements,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 265–296, 1978.
- B. H. W. S. D. Jong, Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry, VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 1989.
- A. Tucci, L. Esposito, E. Rastelli, C. Palmonari, and E. Rambaldi, “Use of soda-lime scrap-glass as a fluxing agent in a porcelain stoneware tile mix,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 83–92, 2004.
- N. Marinoni, “Effects of soda-lime-silica waste glass on mullite formation kinetics and micro-structures development in vitreous ceramics,” Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 124, pp. 100–107, 2013.
- N. Zainuddin, N. Karpukhina, R. G. Hill, and R. V. Law, “A long-term study on the setting reaction of glass ionomer cements by 27Al MAS-NMR spectroscopy,” Dental Materials, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 290–295, 2009.
- E. De Barra and R. G. Hill, “Influence of alkali metal ions on the fracture properties of glass polyalkenoate (ionomer) cements,” Biomaterials, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 495–502, 1998.
- J. W. Nicholson, “Chemistry of glass-ionomer cements: a review,” Biomaterials, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 485–494, 1998.
- S. K. Tomlinson, O. R. Ghita, R. M. Hooper, and K. E. Evans, “Investigation of the dual setting mechanism of a novel dental cement using infrared spectroscopy,” Vibrational Spectroscopy, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 10–17, 2007.
- S. Matsuya, T. Maeda, and M. Ohta, “IR and NMR analyses of hardening and maturation of glass-ionomer cement,” Journal of Dental Research, vol. 75, no. 12, pp. 1920–1927, 1996.
- E. A. P. De Maeyer, R. M. H. Verbeeck, and C. W. J. Vercruysse, “Infrared spectrometric study of acid-degradable glasses,” Journal of Dental Research, vol. 81, no. 8, pp. 552–555, 2002.