- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 406065, 18 pages
Aerogels in Aerospace: An Overview
1Department of Aerospace Engineering, Propulsion and Thermofluids Group, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
2Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Received 2 May 2013; Revised 10 September 2013; Accepted 10 September 2013
Academic Editor: Zhimin Liu
Copyright © 2013 Nadiir Bheekhun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jinuk Kwon, Jinyoung Kim, Dongmyung Park, and Haksoo Han, “A novel synthesis method for an open-cell microsponge polyimide for heat insulation,” Polymer, 2014.
- Peter Greil, “Perspectives of Nano-Carbon Based Engineering Materials,” Advanced Engineering Materials, 2014.
- T Zhang Tao, X Dong Xue, and Zt Zhang Zongtao, “Surface Modification of Microporous and Mesoporous Molecular Sieves and Their Super Insulation Properties,” Chemical Journal of Chinese Universities-Chinese, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 689–694, 2014.
- Rula M. Allaf, and Louisa J. Hope-Weeks, “Synthesis of ZnO-CuO Nanocomposite Aerogels by the Sol-Gel Route,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2014, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- René Tannert, Marina Schwan, and Lorenz Ratke, “Reduction of shrinkage and brittleness for resorcinol-formaldehyde aerogels by means of a pH-controlled sol-gel process,” The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 2015.
- Takeshi Ihara, Bjørn Petter Jelle, Tao Gao, and Arild Gustavsen, “Aerogel granule aging driven by moisture and solar radiation,” Energy and Buildings, 2015.
- Song He, Dongmei Huang, Haijiang Bi, Zhi Li, Hui Yang, and Xudong Cheng, “Synthesis and characterization of silica aerogels dried under ambient pressure bed on water glass,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 410, pp. 58–64, 2015.
- Zhen Wang, Dong Wang, Zhenchao Qian, Jing Guo, Haixia Dong, Ning Zhao, and Jian Xu, “Robust Superhydrophobic Bridged Silsesquioxane Aerogels with Tunable Performances and Their Applications,” Acs Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 2016–2024, 2015.