- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 407846, 6 pages
Evaluation of Ultrasonic Nonlinear Characteristics in Heat-Treated Aluminum Alloy (Al-Mg-Si-Cu)
1Graduate School of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul 133-791, Republic of Korea
2School of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul 133-791, Republic of Korea
Received 19 July 2013; Revised 7 October 2013; Accepted 21 October 2013
Academic Editor: Young Soo Choi
Copyright © 2013 JongBeom Kim and Kyung-Young Jhang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. H. Baek, T. H. Lee, C. S. Kim, and K. Y. Jhang, “Ultrasonic nonlinearity measurement in heat treated SA508 alloy: influences of grains and precipitates,” Journal of the Korean Society for Nondestructive Testing, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 451–457, 2010.
- M. Kikuchi, M. Takahashi, and O. Okuno, “Elastic moduli of cast Ti-Au, Ti-Ag, and Ti-Cu alloys,” Dental Materials, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 641–646, 2006.
- A. Badidi Bouda, S. Lebaili, and A. Benchaala, “Grain size influence on ultrasonic velocities and attenuation,” NDT & E International, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2003.
- MAGNAFLUX, Magnaflux Quasar 4000 Quality Test Systems, 2013, http://www.quasarintl.com/ndt-products.
- U. S. Park, I. K. Park, and C. S. Kim, “A study on the evaluation of material degradation for 2.25Cr-1Mo steel by ultrasonic measurements,” Transactions of the Korea Society of Machine Tool Engineer, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 61–67, 2001.
- P. Palanichamy, M. D. Mathew, S. Latha et al., “Assessing microstructural changes in alloy 625 using ultrasonic waves and correlation with tensile properties,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 1025–1030, 2001.
- K.-Y. Jhang, “Applications of nonlinear ultrasonics to the NDE of material degradation,” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 540–548, 2000.
- G. E. Dace, P. B. Thompson, and L. J. H. Brash, “Nonlinear acoustics, a technique to determine microstructural changes in material,” in Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, vol. 10, pp. 1685–1692, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- J. K. Na, J. H. Cantrell, and W. T. Yost, “Linear and nonlinear ultrasonic properties of fatigues 410Cb stainless steel,” in Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, vol. 15, pp. 1347–1351, Plenum Press, 1996.
- T. Kundu, Ultrasonic and Electromagnetic NDE for Structure and Material Characterization-Engineering and Biomedical Application, CRC Press, 2012.
- J.-Y. Kim, L. J. Jacobs, J. Qu, and J. W. Littles, “Experimental characterization of fatigue damage in a nickel-base superalloy using nonlinear ultrasonic waves,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 120, no. 3, pp. 1266–1273, 2006.
- I. H. Choi, T. H. Lee, and K. Y. Jhang, “Evaluation of fatigue degradation using nonlinear ultrasonics,” Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, vol. 29, pp. 1433–1438, 2011.