- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 450820, 8 pages
Structural and Optical Properties of Chemical Bath Deposited Silver Oxide Thin Films: Role of Deposition Time
1National Centre for Energy Research and Development, University of Nigeria, Nsukka 41001, Nigeria
2Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Nigeria, Nsukka 41001, Nigeria
Received 3 December 2012; Revised 21 March 2013; Accepted 22 March 2013
Academic Editor: Zhimin Liu
Copyright © 2013 A. C. Nwanya et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Bielmann, P. Schwaller, P. Ruffieux, O. Gröning, L. Schlapbach, and P. Gröning, “AgO investigated by photoelectron spectroscopy: evidence for mixed valence,” Physical Review B, vol. 65, no. 23, Article ID 235431, 5 pages, 2002.
- W. E. Garner and L. W. Reeves, “The thermal decomposition of silver oxide,” Transactions of the Faraday Society, vol. 50, pp. 254–260, 1954.
- S. M. Hou, M. Ouyang, H. F. Chen et al., “Fractal structure in the silver oxide thin film,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 315, no. 1-2, pp. 322–326, 1998.
- J. Tominaga, D. Buchel, C. Mihalcea, T. Shime, and T. Fukaya, “The application of silver oxide thin films to plasmon photonic devices,” MRS Proceedings, vol. 728, article S7.3, 2002.
- N. R. C. Raju, K. J. Kumar, and A. Subrahmanyam, “Physical properties of silver oxide thin films by pulsed laser deposition: effect of oxygen pressure during growth,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 42, no. 13, Article ID 135411, 2009.
- J. Tominaga, “The application of silver oxide thin films to plasmon photonic devices,” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, vol. 15, no. 25, p. 1101, 2003.
- B. J. Murray, Q. Li, J. T. Newberg, J. C. Hemminger, and R. M. Penner, “Silver oxide microwires: electrodeposition and observation of reversible resistance modulation upon exposure to ammonia vapor,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 17, no. 26, pp. 6611–6618, 2005.
- B. J. Murray, J. T. Newberg, E. C. Walter, Q. Li, J. C. Hemminger, and R. M. Penner, “Reversible resistance modulation in mesoscopic silver wires induced by exposure to amine vapor,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 77, no. 16, pp. 5205–5214, 2005.
- E. Tselepis and E. Fortin, “Preparation and photovoltaic properties of anodically grown Ag2O films,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 985–988, 1986.
- Y. Ida, S. Watase, T. Shinagawa et al., “Direct electrodeposition of 1.46 eV bandgap silver(I) oxide semiconductor films by electrogenerated acid,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 1254–1256, 2008.
- E. Fortiu and F. L. Weichman, “Photoconductivity in Ag2O,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 515–519, 1964.
- J. F. Dierson and C. Rousselot, “Stability of reactively sputtered silver oxide films,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 200, no. 1–4, pp. 276–279, 2005.
- Y. C. Her, Y. C. Lan, W. C. Hsu, and S. Y. Tsai, “Effect of constituent phases of reactively sputtered AgOx film on recording and readout mechanisms of super-resolution near-field structure disk,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 1283–1288, 2004.
- M. N. V. Ramesh, Y. Sundarayya, and C. S. Sunandana, “Reactively radio frequency sputtered silver oxide thin films: phase evolution and phase stability,” Modern Physics Letters B, vol. 21, no. 28, pp. 1933–1944, 2007.
- A. A. Schmidt, J. Offermann, and R. Anton, “The role of neutral oxygen radicals in the oxidation of Ag films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 281-282, pp. 105–107, 1996.
- S. B. Rivers, G. Bernhardt, M. W. Wright, D. J. Frankel, M. M. Steeves, and R. J. Lad, “Structure, conductivity, and optical absorption of Ag2-xO films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 515, no. 24, pp. 8684–8688, 2007.
- N. R. C. Raju and K. J. Kumar, “Photodissociation effects on pulsed laser deposited silver oxide thin films: surface-enhanced resonance Raman scattering,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 1505–1509, 2011.
- W. Wei, X. Mao, L. A. Ortiz, and D. R. Sadoway, “Oriented silver oxide nanostructures synthesized through a template-free electrochemical route,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 432–438, 2011.
- A. J. Varkey and A. F. Fort, “Some optical properties of silver peroxide (AgO) and silver oxide (Ag2O) films produced by chemical-bath deposition,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 253–259, 1993.
- Y. Chiu, U. Rambaby, M. H. Hsu, H. P. D. Shieh, C. Y. Chen, and H. H. Lin, “Fabrication and nonlinear optical properties of nanoparticle silver oxide films,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 94, no. 3, article 1996, 6 pages, 2003.
- X. Y. Gao, S. Y. Wang, J. Li et al., “Study of structure and optical properties of silver oxide films by ellipsometry, XRD and XPS methods,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 455, pp. 438–442, 2004.
- Joint Committee on Powder Diffraction Standards (JCPDS), Powder Diffraction File No. JCPDS 76-1393, International Center for Diffraction Data, Newtown Square, Pa, USA, 2001.
- J. D. J. Ingle and S. R. Crouch, Spectrochemical Analysis, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 1998.
- X. Y. Zhang, X. Y. Pan, Q. F. Zhang et al., “Synthesis of silver oxide nano-scale thin films and photo-activated dynamic luminescence from their nanoparticles,” Acta Physico—Chimica Sinica, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 203–207, 2003.
- L. A. Peyser, A. E. Vinson, A. P. Bartko, and R. M. Dickson, “Photoactivated fluorescence from individual silver nanoclusters,” Science, vol. 291, no. 5501, pp. 103–106, 2001.
- N. R. C. Raju, K. J. Kumar, and A. Subrahmanyam, “Silver oxide (AgO) thin films for surface enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) studies,” AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 1267, pp. 1005–1006, 2010.
- L. Zhang, Y. Fang, and P. Wang, “Experimental and DFT theoretical studies of surface enhanced Raman scattering effect on the silver nano arrays modified electrode,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 93, pp. 363–366, 2012.
- K. L. Chopra and L. K. Malhota, Eds., Optical Properties of Thin Films, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, India, 1985.
- K. L. Chopra and S. R. Das, Thin Film Solar Cells, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- U. K. Barik, S. Srinivasan, C. L. Nagendra, and A. Subrahmanyam, “Electrical and optical properties of reactive DC magnetron sputtered silver oxide thin films: role of oxygen,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 429, no. 1-2, pp. 129–134, 2003.
- A. M. Goodman, “Optical interference method for the approximate determination of refractive index and thickness of a transparent layer,” Applied Optics, vol. 17, no. 17, pp. 2779–2787, 1978.
- W. C. Tan, K. Koughia, J. Singh, and S. O. Kasap, Optical Properties of Condensed Matter and Applications, edited by J. Singh, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- G. Benno and K. Joachim, Optical Properties of Thin Semiconductor Films, 2012, http://home.fnal.gov/~jkopp/tum/pdf/F/hl_spekt.pdf.