- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 486253, 9 pages
Biopolymer Doped with Titanium Dioxide Superhydrophobic Photocatalysis as Self-Clean Coating for Lightweight Composite
Sustainable Polymer Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing and Material Center (AMMC), Faculty of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia, 86400 Batu Pahat, Johor, Malaysia
Received 25 March 2013; Revised 24 April 2013; Accepted 24 April 2013
Academic Editor: Belal F. Yousif
Copyright © 2013 Anika Zafiah M. Rus et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Limbachiya and J. Roberts, Construction Demolition Waste, Thoemas, London, UK, 1994.
- K. Singhai and K. Mehrotra, Environmental Issues and Management of Waste in Energy and Mineral Production, Taylor & Francis, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 2000.
- A. Z. M. Rus, “Degradation studies of polyurethanes based on vegetables oils. Part I. Photodegradatio,” Progress in Reaction Kinetics and Mechanism, vol. 33, pp. 363–391, 2008.
- A. Z. M. Rus, T. J. Kemp, and A. J. Clark, “Degradation studies of polyurethanes based on vegetable oils. Part 2. Thermal degradation and materials properties,” Progress in Reaction Kinetics and Mechanism, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 1–41, 2009.
- A. Z. M. Rus, “Polymers from renewable materials,” Science Progress, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 285–300, 2010.
- Z. Li, F. Li, and J. S. L. Li, “Properties of concrete incorporating rubber tyre particles,” Magazine of Concrete Research, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 297–304, 1998.
- S. Gintautas and G. Audrius, “Deformation properties of concrete with rubber waste additive,” Material Science, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 219–223, 2007.
- M. Anison, “An investigation into a hypothetical deformation and failure mechanism for concrete,” Magazine of Concrete Research, vol. 6, no. 47, pp. 73–82, 1994.
- M. C. Bignozzi and F. Sandrolini, “Tyre rubber waste recycling in self-compacting concrete,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 735–739, 2006.
- B. D. Charles, ASTM C 170-90, Test Method for Compressive Strength of Dimension Stone, American Society for Testing and Materials, 2003.
- B. D. Charles, ASTM C 99, Modulus of Rupture of Dimension Stone, American Society for Testing and Materials, 2003.
- B. D. Charles, ASTM D4258-05, Standard Practice for Surface Cleaning Concrete for Coating, 2003.
- B. D. Charles, ASTM CD3363, Standard Test Method for Film Hardness by Pencil Test, American Society for Testing and Materials, 2000.
- A. Fujushima, K. Hishimoto, and T. Wanatabe, TiO2 Photocatalysis: Fundamentals and Applications, BKC, Tokyo, Japan, 1999.
- V. R. Scahaefer, “An Overview of Previous Concrete Applications in Stormwater Management and Pavement Systems,” 2006, http://www.rmc-foundation.org/.
- P. D. Tennis, Portland Cement Characteristic. Portland Cement Association, 2004, http://www.concretetechnologytoday.org/.
- P. K. Mehta and P. J. M. Monteiro, Concrete, Properties and Materials, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 1993.
- T. D. Biel and H. Lee, “Use of recycled tires in concrete, insfrastructure new materials and methods of repair,” in Proceedings of the 3rd Materials Engineering Conference, pp. 351–358, San Diego, Calif, USA, November 1994.
- Z. K. Khatib and F. M. Bayomy, “Rubberized Portland cement concrete,” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 206–213, 1999.
- M. M. Balaha, “Effect of ground waste tite rubber as fine aggregate on the behaviour of concrete structures,” ICI Jurnal, vol. 3, pp. 22–30, 2007.
- Danish, Use of Technical Textile Obtain Sustainable Self-cleaning Building Surface, 2006, http://www.nordforsk.org/.
- A. Papadopoulos, J. B. Rout, L. Guiillot et al., Innovative Self-Cleaning and De-Polluting Façade Surfaces, Toronto, 2004.
- L. J. Calbo, Handbook of Coatings Additives, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1992.