- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 496207, 10 pages
Processing and Validation of Whey-Protein-Coated Films and Laminates at Semi-Industrial Scale as Novel Recyclable Food Packaging Materials with Excellent Barrier Properties
1Innovació i Recerca Industrial i Sostenible (IRIS), Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia, Avenida Carl Friedrich Gauss No. 11, 08860 Castelldefels, Spain
2Material Development Department, Fraunhofer Institute for Process Engineering and Packaging IVV, Giggenhauser Straße 35, 85354 Freising, Germany
3Chair of food packaging technology, Technische Universität München, Weihenstephaner Steig 22, 85354 Freising, Germany
4Food Technology and Bioprocess Engineering, ttz Bremerhaven, Fischkai 1, 27572 Bremerhaven, Germany
5Department of Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry and Materials Science, University of Pisa, Via Diotisalvi No. 2, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Received 25 August 2012; Accepted 5 January 2013
Academic Editor: Wen-Hua Sun
Copyright © 2013 E. Bugnicourt et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Markus Schmid, “Properties of Cast Films Made from Different Ratios of Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolysed Whey Protein Isolate and Glycerol,” Materials, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 3254–3269, 2013.
- Markus Schmid, Felicia Hammann, and Henning Winkler, “Technofunctional Properties of Films Made From Ethylene Vinyl Acetate/Whey Protein Isolate Compounds,” Packaging Technology and Science, 2013.
- Markus Schmid, Lesley-Virgina Hinz, Florian Wild, and Klaus Noller, “Effects of hydrolysed whey proteins on the techno-functional characteristics of whey protein-based films,” Materials, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 927–940, 2013.
- Markus Schmid, Kerstin Müller, Sven Sängerlaub, Andreas Stäbler, Vanessa Starck, Felix Ecker, and Klaus Noller, “Mechanical and barrier properties of thermoplastic whey protein isolate/ethylene vinyl acetate blends,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2014.
- Patrizia Cinelli, Markus Schmid, Elodie Bugnicourt, Jessica Wildner, Agostino Bazzichi, Irene Anguillesi, and Andrea Lazzeri, “Whey protein layer applied on biodegradable packaging film to improve barrier properties while maintaining biodegradability,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2014.
- M. Schmid, B. Krimmel, U. Grupa, and K. Noller, “Effects of thermally induced denaturation on technological-functional properties of whey protein isolate-based films,” Journal of Dairy Science, 2014.
- Markus Schmid, Sven Sängerlaub, Laura Wege, and Andreas Stäbler, “Properties of Transglutaminase Crosslinked Whey Protein Isolate Coatings and Cast Films,” Packaging Technology and Science, 2014.