- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 512606, 9 pages
High Temperature Deformation Behavior of 8090 Al-Li Alloy
1Department of Civil Engineering, Gangneung-Wonju National University, 120 Gangneung-Daehangno, Gangneung, Gangwon 210-702, Republic of Korea
2Department of Advanced Metal and Materials Engineering, Gangneung-Wonju National University, 120 Gangneung-Daehangnu, Gangneung, Gangwon 210-702, Republic of Korea
Received 25 March 2013; Accepted 17 June 2013
Academic Editor: S. Miyazaki
Copyright © 2013 Woo Young Jung and Tae Kwon Ha. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Sotoudeh and P. S. Bate, “Diffusion creep and superplasticity in aluminium alloys,” Acta Materialia, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 1909–1920, 2010.
- T. G. Nieh and J. Wadsworth, “Fine structure superplastic intermetallics,” International Materials Reviews, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 59–75, 1999.
- K. A. Padmanabhan and G. J. Davis, Superplasticity, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1980.
- O. D. Sherby and J. Wadsworth, “Superplasticity—recent advances and future directions,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 169–221, 1989.
- T. K. Ha and Y. W. Chang, “An internal variable theory of structural superplasticity,” Acta Materialia, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 2741–2749, 1998.
- M. F. Ashby and R. A. Verrall, “Diffusion-accommodated flow and superplasticity,” Acta Metallurgica, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 149–163, 1973.
- E. W. Hart, Stress Relaxation Testing, vol. 676 of ASTM Special Technical, ASTM International, Baltimore, Md, USA, 1979, A. Fox. Ed.
- E. W. Hart and H. D. Solomon, “Load relaxation studies of polycrystalline high purity aluminium,” Acta Metallurgica, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 295–307, 1973.
- Y. W. Chang and E. C. Aifantis, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Constitutive Laws for Engineering Materials: Theory and Application, Eds. C. S. Desai et al., Tucson, Ariz, USA, Jan. 5–8, 1987, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- T. K. Ha, C. S. Lee, and Y. W. Chang, “Plastic equation of state and load relaxation behavior of pure tin,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 635–640, 1996.
- H. C. Choi, T. K. Ha, H. C. Shin, and Y. W. Chang, “Formation kinetics of deformation twin and deformation induced ε-martensite in an austenitic Fe-C-Mn steel,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 1171–1177, 1999.
- L. E. Malvern, Introduction to Mechanics of a Continuous Media, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- E. W. Hart, “A phenomenological theory for plastic deformation of polycrystalline metals,” Acta Metallurgica, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 599–610, 1970.
- J. A. Wert, N. E. Paton, C. H. Hamilton, and M. W. Mahoney, “Grain refinement in 7075 aluminum by thermomechanical processing,” Metallurgical Transactions A, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 1267–1276, 1981.
- D. A. Woodford, “Measurement of the mechanical state of a low alloy steel at elevated temperature,” Metallurgical Transactions A, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 1693–1697, 1975.
- R. Raj and M. F. Ashby, “On grain boundary sliding and diffusional creep,” Metallurgical Transactions A, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 1113–1127, 1971.
- T. G. Langdon, “An evaluation of the strain contributed by grain boundary sliding in superplasticity,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 174, no. 2, pp. 225–230, 1994.
- T. G. Langdon, “A unified approach to grain boundary sliding in creep and superplasticity,” Acta Metallurgica et Materialia, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 2437–2443, 1994.
- L. K. L. Falk, P. R. Howell, G. L. Dunlop, and T. G. Langdon, “The role of matrix dislocations in the superplastic deformation of a copper alloy,” Acta Metallurgica, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 1203–1214, 1986.
- R. Z. Valiev and T. G. Langdon, “An investigation of the role of intragranular dislocation strain in the superplastic Pb-62% Sn eutectic alloy,” Acta Metallurgica et Materialia, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 949–954, 1993.
- R. L. Bell and T. G. Langdon, “An investigation of grain-boundary sliding during creep,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 313–323, 1967.
- V. N. Perevezentsev, V. V. Rybin, and V. N. Chuvil'deev, “The theory of structural superplasticity—I. The physical nature of the superplasticity phenomenon,” Acta Metallurgica et Materialia, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 887–894, 1992.
- V. N. Perevezentsev, V. V. Rybin, and V. N. Chuvil'deev, “The theory of structural superplasticity—II. Accumulation of defects on the intergranular and interphase boundaries. Accomodation of the grain-boundary sliding. The upper bound of the superplastic strain rate,” Acta Metallurgica et Materialia, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 895–905, 1992.
- O. D. Sherby and P. M. Burke, “Mechanical behavior of crystalline solids at elevated temperature,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 13, pp. 323–390, 1968.
- H. P. Pu, F. C. Liu, and J. C. Huang, “Characterization and analysis of low-temperature superplasticity in 8090 Al-Li alloys,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 1153–1166, 1995.
- Y. N. Kwon, H. J. Koh, S. Lee, N. J. Kim, and Y. W. Chang, “Effects of microstructural evolution on superplastic deformation characteristics of a rapidly solidified Al-Li alloy,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 1649–1658, 2001.
- J. Wadsworth, A. R. Pelton, and R. E. Lewis, “Superplastic Al-Cu-Li-Mg-Zr alloys,” Metallurgical Transactions A, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 2319–2332, 1985.
- T. K. Ha, H. J. Sung, K. S. Kim, and Y. W. Chang, “An internal variable approach to the grain size effect on the superplastic deformation behavior of a 7475 Al alloy,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 271, no. 1-2, pp. 160–166, 1999.