- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 525391, 6 pages
On the Inertia Term of Projectile's Penetration Resistance
State Key Laboratory of Explosion Science and Technology, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, China
Received 2 November 2012; Accepted 4 January 2013
Academic Editor: Amit Bandyopadhyay
Copyright © 2013 Yu Shan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. J. Forrestal, “Penetration into dry porous rock,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 1485–1500, 1986.
- M. J. Forrestal and D. Y. Tzou, “A spherical cavity-expansion penetration model for concrete targets,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 34, no. 31-32, pp. 4127–4146, 1997.
- Y. Shan, H. J. Wu, F. L. Huang, and X. X. Zhang, “Study on the behavior of projectile shank friction penetrating into concrete,” Transactions of Beijing Institute of Technology, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 12–17, 2012 (Chinese).
- M. J. Forrestal, V. K. Luk, Z. Rosenberg, and N. S. Brar, “Penetration of 7075-T651 aluminum targets with ogival-nose rods,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 29, no. 14-15, pp. 1729–1736, 1992.
- Z. Rosenberg and E. Dekel, “The penetration of rigid long rods—revisited,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 551–564, 2009.
- R. C. Batra and T. W. Wright, “Steady state penetration of rigid perfectly plastic targets,” International Journal of Engineering Science, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 41–54, 1986.
- R. Hill, “Cavitation and the influence of headshape in attack of thick targets by non-deforming projectiles†,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 28, no. 5-6, pp. 249–263, 1980.
- L. Rapoport and M. B. Rubin, “Separation and velocity dependence of the drag force applied to a rigid ovoid of Rankine nosed projectile penetrating an elastic-perfectly-plastic target,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 1012–1018, 2009.
- M. J. Forrestal, D. J. Frew, J. P. Hickerson, and T. A. Rohwer, “Penetration of concrete targets with deceleration-time measurements,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 479–497, 2003.
- Z. Rosenberg and E. Dekel, “The deep penetration of concrete targets by rigid rods—revisited,” International Journal of Protective Structures, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 125–144, 2010.
- J. C. Li and X. W. Chen, “Threshold impact velocity under the assumption of constant resistive force in the penetration of a rigid projectile,” in Proceeding of the 25th International Symposium on ballistics, pp. 1140–1148, Beijing, China, 2010.
- T. J. Holmquist, G. R. Johnson, and W. H. Cook, “A computational constitutive model for concrete subjected to large strains, high strain rates, and high pressures,” in Proceeding of the 14th International Symposium on Ballistics, pp. 591–600, Quebec, Canada, 1993.
- L. M. Taylor, E. P. Chen, and J. S. Kuszmaul, “Microcrack-induced damage accumulation in brittle rock under dynamic loading,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 301–320, 1986.
- S. Q. Gao, H. P. Liu, and L. Jin, “A fuzzy model of the penetration resistance of concrete targets,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 644–649, 2009.
- Y. Liu, A. Ma, and F. Huang, “Numerical simulations of oblique-angle penetration by deformable projectiles into concrete targets,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 438–446, 2009.
- Q. M. Li and X. W. Chen, “Dimensionless formulae for penetration depth of concrete target impacted by a non-deformable projectile,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 93–116, 2003.