- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 525673, 5 pages
Geometry Optimization Calculations for the Elasticity of Gold at High Pressure
Hitit University, Department of Physics, 19030 Corum, Turkey
Received 2 May 2013; Revised 18 September 2013; Accepted 23 September 2013
Academic Editor: Augusto Deus
Copyright © 2013 E. Güler and M. Güler. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Kimikuza, S. Ogata, J. Li, and Y. Shibutani, “Complete set of elastic constants of α-quartz at high pressure: a first principles study,” Physical Review B, vol. 75, no. 5, Article ID 054109, 6 pages, 2007.
- M. Matsui, “High temperature and high pressure equation of state of gold,” Journal of Physics, vol. 215, no. 1, Article ID 012197, 2010.
- S.-H. Shim, T. S. Duffy, and K. Takemura, “Equation of state of gold and its application to the phase boundaries near 660 km depth in Earth's mantle,” Earth and Planetary Science Letters, vol. 203, no. 2, pp. 729–739, 2002.
- C. V. Pandya, P. R. Vyas, T. C. Pandya, N. Rani, and V. B. Gohel, “An improved lattice mechanical model for FCC transition metals,” Physica B, vol. 307, no. 1–4, pp. 138–149, 2001.
- Y. Ö. Çiftci, K. Çolakoğlu, S. Kazanç, and S. Özgen, “The effect of pressure on the elastic constants of Cu, Ag and Au: a molecular dynamics study,” Central European Journal of Physics, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 472–480, 2006.
- P. I. Dorogokupets and A. R. Oganov, “Ruby, metals, and MgO as alternative pressure scales: a semiempirical description of shock-wave, ultrasonic, x-ray, and thermochemical data at high temperatures and pressures,” Physical Review B, vol. 75, no. 2, Article ID 024115, 2007.
- J. D. Gale, “Molecular modeling theory: applications,” in The Geosciences, C. R. Timothy and J. D. Kubicki, Eds., chapter 2, p. 37, Mineralogical Society of America, Washington, DC, USA, 2001.
- A. Budi, D. J. Henry, J. D. Gale, and I. Yarovsky, “Comparison of embedded atom method potentials for small aluminium cluster simulations,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 21, no. 14, Article ID 144206, 2009.
- R. B. Wilson and D. M. Riffe, “An embedded-atom-method model for alkali-metal vibrations,” Journal of Physics. Condensed Matter, vol. 24, no. 33, Article ID 335401, 2012.
- M. A. Tschopp, K. N. Solanki, M. I. Baskes, F. Gao, X. Sun, and M. F. Horstemeyer, “Generalized framework for interatomic potential design: application to Fe-He system,” Journal of Nuclear Materials, vol. 425, no. 1–3, pp. 22–32, 2012.
- X. J. Zhang and C. L. Chen, “Phonon dispersion in the Fcc metals Ca, Sr and Yb,” Journal of Low Temperature Physics, vol. 169, pp. 40–50, 2012.
- M. S. Daw and M. I. Baskes, “Semiempirical, quantum mechanical calculation of hydrogen embrittlement in metals,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 50, no. 17, pp. 1285–1288, 1983.
- M. W. Finnis and J. E. Sinclair, “A simple empirical N-body potential for transition metals,” Philosophical Magazine A, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 45–55, 1984.
- E. Güler and M. Güler, “A benchmark for some bulk properties of bcc iron,” The International Journal of Multiphysics, vol. 7, pp. 95–100, 2013.
- A. P. Sutton and J. Chen, “Long-range Finnis-Sinclair potentials,” Philosophical Magazine Letters, vol. 61, pp. 139–146, 1990.
- J. D. Gale, “GULP: a computer program for the symmetry-adapted simulation of solids,” Journal of the Chemical Society, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 629–637, 1997.
- J. D. Gale and A. L. Rohl, “The General Utility Lattice Program (GULP),” Molecular Simulation, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 291–341, 2003.
- H. B. Huntington, The Elastic Constants of the Crystals, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1958.
- E. A. Brandes and G. B. Brook, Smithells Metals Reference Book, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, UK, 7th edition, 1992.
- T. M. Flynn, Cryogenic Engineering, CRC Press, 2nd edition, 2004.
- M. B. Taylor, G. D. Barrera, N. L. Allan, and T. H. K. Barron, “Free-energy derivatives and structure optimization within quasiharmonic lattice dynamics,” Physical Review B, vol. 56, no. 22, pp. 14380–14390, 1997.
- C. G. Broyden, “The convergence of a class of double-rank minimization algorithms 1. General considerations,” IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 76–90, 1970.
- F. R. Fletcher, “New approach to variable metric algorithms,” Computer Journal, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 317–322, 1970.
- D. Goldfarb, “A family of variable metric updates derived by variational means,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 24, pp. 23–26, 1970.
- D. F. Shanno, “Conditioning of quasi-Newton methods for function minimization,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 24, pp. 647–656, 1970.
- M. Güler and E. Güler, “Embedded atom method based geometry optimization aspects of body centered cubic metals,” Chinese Physics Letter, vol. 30, no. 5, Article ID 056201, 2013.
- M. Yokoo, N. Kawai, K. G. Nakamura, K.-I. Kondo, Y. Tange, and T. Tsuchiya, “Ultrahigh-pressure scales for gold and platinum at pressures up to 550 GPa,” Physical Review B, vol. 80, no. 10, Article ID 104114, 2009.
- T. S. Duffy, G. Shen, D. L. Heinz et al., “Lattice strains in gold and rhenium under nonhydrostatic compression to 37 GPa,” Physical Review B, vol. 60, no. 22, pp. 15063–15073, 1999.
- C. W. Greeff and M. J. Graf, “Lattice dynamics and the high pressure equation of state of Au,” Physical Review B, vol. 69, no. 5, Article ID 054107, 10 pages, 2004.
- H. Wang and M. Li, “The elastic stability, bifurcation and ideal strength of gold under hydrostatic stress: an ab initio calculation,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 21, no. 45, Article ID 455401, 2009.