- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 531573, 4 pages
A Current Transport Mechanism on the Surface of Pd-SiO2 Mixture for Metal-Semiconductor-Metal GaAs Diodes
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Taiwan Ocean University, 2 Peining Road, Keelung 202, Taiwan
Received 30 October 2012; Accepted 15 May 2013
Academic Editor: Markku Leskela
Copyright © 2013 Shih-Wei Tan and Shih-Wen Lai. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Usagawa and Y. Kikuchi, “Air-annealing effects for Pt/Ti Gate Si-metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors hydrogen gas sensor,” Applied Physics Express, vol. 3, no. 4, Article ID 047201, 2010.
- M. Eriksson and L. Ekedahl, “Hydrogen adsorption states at the Pd/SiO2 interface and simulation of the response of a Pd metal-oxide-semiconductor hydrogen sensor,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 83, no. 8, pp. 3947–3951, 1998.
- I. Lundström, S. Shivaraman, C. Svensson, and L. Lundkvist, “A hydrogen-sensitive MOS field-effect transistor,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 55–57, 1975.
- D. E. Aspnes and A. Heller, “Barrier height and leakage reduction in n-GaAs-platinum group metal Schottky barriers upon exposure to hydrogen,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 602–607, 1983.
- H. Y. Nie and Y. Nannichi, “Pd-on-GaAs Schottky contact. Its barrier height and response to hydrogen,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 906–913, 1991.
- A. Salehi, A. Nikfarjam, and D. J. Kalantari, “Pd/porous-GaAs Schottky contact for hydrogen sensing application,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 419–427, 2006.
- C. Hung, T. Tsai, H. Chen, Y. Tsai, T. Chen, and W. Liu, “Further investigation of a hydrogen-sensing Pd/GaAs heterostructure field-effect transistor (HFET),” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 132, no. 2, pp. 587–592, 2008.
- C. W. Hung, K. W. Lin, R. C. Liu et al., “On the hydrogen sensing properties of a Pd/GaAs transistor-type gas sensor in a nitrogen ambiance,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 125, no. 1, pp. 22–29, 2007.
- T. H. Tsai, H. I. Chen, K. W. Lin et al., “Hydrogen sensing characteristics of a Pd/AlGaN/GaN schottky diode,” Applied Physics Express, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 0411021–0411023, 2008.
- C. H. Huang, J. H. Tsai, T. M. Tsai et al., “Hydrogen sensor with Pd nanoparticles upon an interfacial layer with oxygen,” Applied Physics Express, vol. 3, no. 7, Article ID 075001, 2010.
- S. Y. Chiu, H. W. Huang, T. H. Huang et al., “High-sensitivity metal-semiconductor-metal hydrogen sensors with a mixture of Pd and SiO2 forming three-dimensional dipoles,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 1328–1331, 2008.
- S. Y. Chiu, H. W. Huang, K. C. Liang et al., “GaN sensors with metal-oxide mixture for sensing hydrogen-containing gases of ultralow concentration,” Electronics Letters, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 231–232, 2009.
- S. Y. Chiu, K. C. Liang, T. H. Huang et al., “GaN Sensors with metal-Oxide mixture for sensing hydrogen-containing gases of ultralow concentration,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 48, no. 4, Article ID 041002, 2009.
- S. Chiu, J. Tsai, H. Huang et al., “Integrated hydrogen-sensing amplifier with Schottky-type diode and InGaP-GaAs heterojunction bipolar transistor,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 898–900, 2009.
- S. M. Sze and K. K. Ng, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, 3rd ed, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, NJ, USA, 2007.
- V. L. Rideout and C. R. Crowell, “Effects of image force and tunneling on current transport in metal-semiconductor (Schottky barrier) contacts,” Solid State Electronics, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 993–1009, 1970.