- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 536961, 9 pages
Nanosericite as an Innovative Microparticle in Dual-Chemical Paper Retention Systems
1Department of Environmental Engineering, Da Yeh University, Dacuen, Changhua 51591, Taiwan
2Division of Wood Cellulose, Taiwan Forestry Research Institute, Taipei 10066, Taiwan
Received 8 May 2013; Accepted 26 August 2013
Academic Editor: Dachamir Hotza
Copyright © 2013 Yuan-Shing Perng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Lindström and T. Florén, “The effect of filler particle size on the dry-strengthening effect of cationic starch wet-end addition,” Nordic Pulp and Paper Research Journal, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 142–145, 1987.
- B. Alince, F. Bednar, and T. G. M. van de Ven, “Deposition of calcium carbonate particles on fiber surfaces induced by cationic polyelectrolyte and bentonite,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 190, no. 1-2, pp. 71–80, 2001.
- B. U. Cho, G. Garnier, T. G. M. van de Ven, and M. Perrier, “A bridging model for the effects of a dual component flocculation system on the strength of fiber contacts in flocs of pulp fibers: implications for control of paper uniformity,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 287, no. 1–3, pp. 117–125, 2006.
- Z. Yan and Y. Deng, “Cationic microparticle based flocculation and retention systems,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 80, no. 1–3, pp. 31–36, 2000.
- T. J. Rainey, W. O. S. Doherty, D. M. Martinez, R. J. Brown, and A. Dickson, “The effect of flocculants on the filtration of bagasse pulp pads,” Tappi Journal, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 1–14, 2010.
- D. Solberg and L. Wågberg, “Adsorption and flocculation behavior of cationic polyacrylamide and colloidal silica,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 219, no. 1–3, pp. 161–172, 2003.
- I. C. Wang, Y. S. Perng, and K. T. Wang, “Effects of the application of retention aids on papermaking white water and handsheet properties,” Taiwan Journal of Forest Science, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2003.
- I. C. Wang, Y. S. Perng, J. G. Shyu, and C. M. Hsieh, “Effects of adding polyelectrolyte complexes to the papermaking wet end on paper strength and functionality,” Journal of Biomedical Science, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 163–175, 2012.
- Y. C. Su, “Electrokinetic phenomenon and zeta potential control in a papermaking system,” Journal Pulp & Paper Technology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 1–13, 2002 (Chinese).
- Y. S. Perng, E. I. C. Wang, I. T. Yang, and M. H. Lai, “Application of nanosericite to a colloidal silica microparticle retention system,” Taiwan Journal of Forest Science, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 47–54, 2008.
- T. Sennerfors and F. Tiberg, “Adsorption of polyelectrolyte and nanoparticles at the silica-aqueous solution interface: influence of the history of additions of the two components,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 238, no. 1, pp. 129–135, 2001.
- M. Petersson, The Effect of Pre-Flocculation of Fillers on Paper Strength, Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg, Sweden, 2011.
- L. Li, A. Collis, and R. Pelton, “A new analysis of filler effects on paper strength,” Journal of Pulp and Paper Science, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 267–273, 2002.
- R. Gaudreault, N. di Cesare, D. Weitz, and T. G. M. van de Ven, “Flocculation kinetics of precipitated calcium carbonate,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 340, no. 1–3, pp. 56–65, 2009.
- E. Antunes, F. A. P. Garcia, P. Ferreira, and M. G. Rasteiro, “Flocculation of PCC filler in papermaking: influence of the particle characteristics,” Chemical Engineering Research and Design, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 1155–1160, 2008.