- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 543594, 9 pages
Critical Assessment of Temperature Distribution in Submerged Arc Welding Process
Department of ME&MME, ISM, Dhanbad 826004, India
Received 31 May 2013; Accepted 27 August 2013
Academic Editor: S. Miyazaki
Copyright © 2013 Vineet Negi and Somnath Chattopadhyaya. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. N. DuPont and A. R. Marder, “Thermal efficiency of arc welding processes,” Welding Journal, vol. 74, no. 12, pp. 406S–416S, 1995.
- S. Kou, Welding Metallurgy, John Wiley and Sons, 2nd edition, 2003.
- Modern Arc Welding Technologies, Ador Welding Limited, Second edition, 2005.
- A. Ghosh and S. Chattopadhyaya, “Analytical solution for transient temperature distribution of semi-infinite body subjected to 3-D moving heat source of submerged arc welding process,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Mechanical and Electrical Technology (ICMET '10), pp. 733–737, September 2010.
- N. D. Malmuth, W. F. Hall, B. I. Davis, and C. D. Rosen, “Transient thermal phenonenon and weld geometry in GTAW,” Welding Journal, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 388S–400S, 1974.
- D. Rosenthal, “Mathematical theory of heat distribution during welding and cutting,” Welding Journal, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 220S–234S, 1941.
- N. Christensen, V. Davies, and K. Gjermundsen, “Distribution of temperature in Arc welding,” British Wleding Journal, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 54–75, 1965.
- N. N. Rykalin and A. V. Nikolaev, “Welding arc heat flow,” Welding in the World, vol. 9, no. 3-4, pp. 112–133, 1971.
- M. L. Lin, Influence of Surface Depression and Convection on weld Pool Geometry [M.S. thesis], MIT, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1982.
- R. J. Grosh and E. A. Trabant, “Arc Welding temperature,” Welding Journal, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 396–400, 1956.
- O. H. Nestor, “Heat intensity and current density distributions at the anode of high current, inert gas arcs,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 1638–1648, 1962.
- T. W. Eagar and N.-S. Tsai, “Temperature fields produced by traveling distributed heat sources,” Welding Journal, vol. 62, no. 12, pp. 346–355, 1983.
- J. Goldak, A. Chakravarti, and M. Bibby, “A new finite element model for welding heat sources,” Metallurgical Transactions B, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 299–305, 1984.
- N. T. Nguyen, A. Ohta, K. Matsuoka, N. Suzuki, and Y. Maeda, “Analytical solutions for transient temperature of semi-infinite body subjected to 3-D moving heat sources,” Welding Journal, vol. 78, no. 8, pp. 265S–274S, 1999.
- L. Gardner and K. T. Ng, “Temperature development in structural stainless steel sections exposed to fire,” Fire Safety Journal, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 185–203, 2006.
- M. Ericsson, Simulation of Robotic TIG-Welding, Department of Technology, University of Trolhattan, 2003.
- U. Wickstrom, “Eurocode 3. Design of steel structures.Part 1-2: general rules: structural fire design,” Fire Safety Journal, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 191–192, 2005.
- A. Wu, S. Syngellakis, and B. G. Mellor, “Finite element analysis of residual stresses in a Butt weld,” in Proceedings of the 7th Postgraduate conference in Engineering Materials, pp. 37–38, 2003.
- C. K. Takemori, D. T. Muller, and M. A. de Oliveira, “Numerical simulation of transient heat transfer during welding process,” in Proceedings of the International Compressor Engineering Conference, 2010.
- E. A. Bonifaz, “Finite element analysis of heat flow in single-pass arc welds,” Welding Journal, vol. 79, no. 5, pp. 121S–125S, 2000.
- H. G. Fan, H. L. Tsai, and S. J. Na, “Heat transfer and fluid flow in a partially or fully penetrated weld pool in gas tungsten arc welding,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 417–428, 2001.
- AWS Welding Handbook, vol. 2, American Welding Society, Miami, Fla, USA, 8th edition, 1991.
- H. C. Wikle III, S. Kottilingam, R. H. Zee, and B. A. Chin, “Infrared sensing techniques for penetration depth control of the submerged arc welding process,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 113, no. 1–3, pp. 228–233, 2001.