- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 548284, 6 pages
Fluorescent Thiol-Derivatized Gold Clusters Embedded in Polymers
1Institute for Composite and Biomedical Materials, National Research Council, Piazzale E. Fermi 1, 80055 Portici, Italy
2Istituto Nazionale di Ottica, CNR, Via Campi Flegrei 34, 80078 Pozzuoli, Italy
3INFN Sezione di Napoli, Complesso Universitario di M.S. Angelo, Via Cinthia, 80126 Napoli, Italy
4Department of Material Engineering and Production, University of Naples “Federico II”, Piazzale Tecchio 80, 80125 Naples, Italy
Received 9 April 2013; Accepted 28 May 2013
Academic Editor: Vladimir Tsukruk
Copyright © 2013 G. Carotenuto et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Eberhardt, “Clusters as new materials,” Surface Science, vol. 500, no. 1–3, pp. 242–270, 2002.
- J. D. Aiken III and R. G. Finke, “A review of modern transition-metal nanoclusters: their synthesis, characterization, and applications in catalysis,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 145, no. 1-2, pp. 1–44, 1999.
- D. I. Uhlenhaut, P. Smith, and W. Caseri, “Color switching in gold—polysiloxane elastomeric nanocomposites,” Advanced Materials, vol. 18, no. 13, pp. 1653–1656, 2006.
- G. Carotenuto, A. Longo, P. Repetto, P. Perlo, and L. Ambrosio, “New polymer additives for photoelectric sensing,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 125, no. 1, pp. 202–206, 2007.
- G. Carotenuto, G. L. Peruta, and L. Nicolais, “Thermo-chromic materials based on polymer-embedded silver clusters,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 114, no. 2, pp. 1092–1095, 2006.
- G. Carotenuto, G. Pepe, D. Davino et al., “Transparent-ferromagnetic thermoplastic polymers for optical components,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 2505–2508, 2006.
- G. Carotenuto and L. Nicolais, Eds., Metal-Polymer Nanocomposites, John Willey & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2004.
- Z. Luo, X. Yuan, Y. Yu et al., “From aggregation-induced emission of Au(I)-thiolate complexes to ultrabright Au(0)@Au(I)-thiolate core-shell nanoclusters,” Journal of American Chemical Society, vol. 134, pp. 16662–16670, 2012.
- G. Carotenuto, A. Longo, L. De Petrocellis et al., “Synthesis of molecular gold clusters with luminescence properties by mercaptide thermolysis in polymer matrices,” International Journal of Nanoscience, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 65–69, 2007.
- G. Carotenuto, M. L. Nadal, P. Repetto, P. Perlo, L. Ambrosio, and L. Nicolais, “New polymeric additives for allowing photoelectric sensing of plastics during manufacturing,” Advanced Composites Letters, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 89–94, 2007.
- J. Bomm, C. Günter, and J. Stumpe, “Synthesis and optical characterization of thermosensitive, luminescent gold nanodots,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 116, no. 1, pp. 81–85, 2012.
- G. Cardone, G. Carotenuto, P. Conte, and G. Alonzo, “Synthesis and characterization of a novel high luminescent gold-2-mercapto-1-methyl-imidazole complex,” Luminescence, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 506–509, 2011.
- H. Schmidbaur, “The aurophilicity phenomenon: a decade of experimental findings, theoretical concepts and emerging applications,” Gold Bulletin, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 3–10, 2000.
- Z. Wu and R. Jin, “On the ligand's role in the fluorescence of gold nanoclusters,” Nano Letters, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 2568–2573, 2010.
- G. Carotenuto, L. Nicolais, and P. Perlo, “Synthesis of polymer-embedded noble metal clusters by thermolysis of mercaptides dissolved in polymers,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 1016–1021, 2006.
- G. Carotenuto, B. Martorana, P. Perlo, and L. Nicolais, “A universal method for the synthesis of metal and metal sulfide clusters embedded in polymer matrices,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 2927–2930, 2003.