- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 563962, 10 pages
Terahertz Wave Approach and Application on FRP Composites
1Department of Automotive Engineer, Woosuk University, Chonbuk 565-701, Republic of Korea
2Center for Nondestructive Evaluation, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
3Department of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Songwon University, Gwangju 502-210, Republic of Korea
4Department of Mechanical Design Engineering, Chosun University, Gwangju 501-759, Republic of Korea
Received 27 October 2012; Accepted 12 January 2013
Academic Editor: Abbas Milani
Copyright © 2013 Kwang-Hee Im et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. P. Chiou, J. L. Blackshire, R. B. Thompson, and B. B. Hu, “Terahertz ray system calibration and material characterzations,” Review of QNDE, vol. 28, pp. 410–417, 2009.
- R. Huber, A. Brodschelm, F. Tauser, and A. Leitenstorfer, “Generation and field-resolved detection of femtosecond electromagnetic pulses tunable up to 41 THz,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 76, no. 22, pp. 3191–3193, 2000.
- J. V. Rudd and D. M. Mittleman, “Influence of substrate-lens design in terahertz time-domain spectroscopy,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 319–329, 2000.
- I. S. Gregory, C. Baker, W. R. Tribe et al., “Optimization of photomixers and antennas for continuous-wave terahertz emission,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 717–728, 2005.
- E. R. Brown, F. W. Smith, and K. A. McIntosh, “Coherent millimeter-wave generation by heterodyne conversion in low-temperature-grown GaAs photoconductors,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 1480–1484, 1993.
- E. R. Brown, K. A. McIntosh, K. B. Nichols, and C. L. Dennis, “Photomixing up to 3.8 THz in low-temperature-grown GaAs,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 285–287, 1995.
- D. . Mittleman, R. H. Jacobsen, and M. C. Nuss, “Tray imaging,” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, vol. 2, pp. 679–689, 1996.
- N. Angelidis, N. Khemiri, and P. E. Irving, “Experimental and finite element study of the electrical potential technique for damage detection in CFRP laminates,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 147–154, 2005.
- L. Hou and S. A. Hayes, “A resistance-based damage location sensor for carbonfiber composites,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 11, pp. 966–969, 2002.
- R. Schueler, S. P. Joshi, and K. Schulte, “Damage detection in CFRP by electrical conductivity mapping,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 921–930, 2001.
- C. Bois and C. Hochard, “Measurements and modeling for the monitoring of damaged laminate composite structures,” in Proceedings of the 1st European Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring (EWSHM '02), pp. 425–432, 2002.
- S. Kirkpatrick, “Percolation and conduction,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 45, pp. 574–588, 1973.
- D. K. . Hsu, “Characterization of a graphite/epoxy laminate by electrical resistivity measurements,” Review of Progress in Quantitative NDE, vol. 4, pp. 1219–1228, 1985.
- K. W. Tse, C. A. Moyer, and S. Arajs, “Electrical conductivity of graphite fiber-epoxy resin composites,” Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 41–46, 1981.