- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 574738, 10 pages
The Effect of Annealing on the Structural and Optical Properties of Titanium Dioxide Films Deposited by Electron Beam Assisted PVD
1Electrical Engineering Department, College of Engineering & Petroleum, Kuwait University, P.O. Box 5969, Safat 13060, Kuwait
2Kuwait University Nanotechnology Research Facility, College of Engineering & Petroleum, Kuwait University, P.O. Box 5969, Safat 13060, Kuwait
3Kuwait University Semiconductor Research Facility, College of Engineering & Petroleum, Kuwait University, P.O. Box 5969, Safat 13060, Kuwait
Received 8 December 2012; Revised 1 April 2013; Accepted 2 April 2013
Academic Editor: Pavel Lejcek
Copyright © 2013 Yaser M. Abdulraheem et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Reyes-Coronado, G. Rodríguez-Gattorno, M. E. Espinosa-Pesqueira, C. Cab, R. De Coss, and G. Oskam, “Phase-pure TiO2 nanoparticles: anatase, brookite and rutile,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 14, Article ID 145605, 2008.
- U. Diebold, “The surface science of titanium dioxide,” Surface Science Reports, vol. 48, no. 5–8, pp. 53–229, 2003.
- H. K. Jang, S. W. Whangbo, H. B. Kim et al., “Titanium oxide films on Si(100) deposited by electron-beam evaporation at 250∘C,” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A, vol. 18, no. 3, article 917, 5 pages, 2000.
- T. S. Yang, C. B. Shiu, and M. S. Wong, “Structure and hydrophilicity of titanium oxide films prepared by electron beam evaporation,” Surface Science, vol. 548, no. 1–3, pp. 75–82, 2004.
- C. L. Tien, “Biaxial stresses, surface roughness and microstructure in evaporated TiO2 films with different deposition geometries,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 256, no. 3, pp. 870–875, 2009.
- B. S. Richards, “Single-material TiO2 double-layer antireflection coatings,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 369–390, 2003.
- B. Vallejo, M. Gonzalez-Mañas, J. Martínez-López, F. Morales, and M. A. Caballero, “Characterization of TiO2 deposited on textured silicon wafers by atmospheric pressure chemical vapour deposition,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 299–308, 2005.
- M. C. Talló and K. R. Mclntosh, “Permeability of TiO2 antireflection coatings to damp heat,” in Proceedings of the 24th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference (PVSEC '09), vol. 2037, pp. 2037–2040, 2009.
- E. György, G. Socol, E. Axente, I. N. Mihailescu, C. Ducu, and S. Ciuca, “Anatase phase TiO2 thin films obtained by pulsed laser deposition for gas sensing applications,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 247, no. 1–4, pp. 429–433, 2005.
- S. F. Wang, Y. F. Hsu, and Y. S. Lee, “Microstructural evolution and optical properties of doped TiO2 films prepared by RF magnetron sputtering,” Ceramics International, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 121–125, 2006.
- J. Heinrichs, T. Jarmar, U. Wiklund, and H. Engqvist, “Physical vapour deposition and bioactivity of crystalline titanium dioxide thin films,” Trends in Biomaterials and Artificial Organs, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 100–106, 2008.
- K. A. Vorotilov, E. V. Orlova, and V. I. Petrovsky, “Sol-gel TiO2 films on silicon substrates,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 207, no. 1-2, pp. 180–184, 1992.
- G. San Vicente, A. Morales, and M. T. Gutiérrez, “Preparation and characterization of sol-gel TiO2 antireflective coatings for silicon,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 391, no. 1, pp. 133–137, 2001.
- Z. Wang, U. Helmersson, and P. O. Käll, “Optical properties of anatase TiO2 thin films prepared by aqueous sol-gel process at low temperature,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 405, no. 1-2, pp. 50–54, 2002.
- G. San Vicente, A. Morales, and M. T. Gutiérrez, “Sol-gel TiO2 antireflective films for textured monocrystalline silicon solar cells,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 403-404, pp. 335–338, 2002.
- P. Chrysicopoulou, D. Davazoglou, C. Trapalis, and G. Kordas, “Optical properties of SiO2-TiO2 sol-gel thin films,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 2835–2839, 2004.
- R. van de Krol and A. Goossens, “Structure and properties of anatase TiO2 thin films made by reactive electron beam evaporation,” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A, vol. 21, no. 1, article 76, 8 pages, 2003.
- J. Aarik, A. Aidla, H. Mändar, and V. Sammelselg, “Anomalous effect of temperature on atomic layer deposition of titanium dioxide,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 220, no. 4, pp. 531–537, 2000.
- K. N. Rao, “Influence of deposition parameters on optical properties of TiO2 films,” Optical Engineering, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 2357–2364, 2002.
- K. Jiang, A. Zakutayev, J. Stowers et al., “Low-temperature, solution processing of TiO2 thin films and fabrication of multilayer dielectric optical elements,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 1692–1699, 2009.
- Y. Leprince-Wang, “Study of the initial stages of TiO2 growth on Si wafers by XPS,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 150, no. 2-3, pp. 257–262, 2002.
- P. Eaton and P. West, Atomic Force Microscopy, Oxford University Press, 2010.
- A. Stojic and F. E. Brenker, “Argon ion slicing (ArIS) of mineral and rock samples: a novel tool to prepare large electron transparent thin films for tem use,” in Proceedings of the 40th Lunar and Planetary Institute Science Conference, vol. 40, p. 1807, 2009.
- R. W. Kelsall, I. W. Hamley, and M. Geoghegan, Nanoscale Science and Technology, John Wiley & Sons, 2005.
- N. Laidani, P. Cheyssac, J. Perrière et al., “Intrinsic defects and their influence on the chemical and optical properties of TiO2−x films,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 43, no. 48, Article ID 485402, 2010.
- H. Fujiwara, Spectroscopic Ellipsometry, John Wiley & Sons, 2007.
- J. Tauc, R. Grigorovici, and A. Vancu, “Optical properties and electronic structure of amorphous germanium,” Physica Status Solidi(B), vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 627–637, 1966.
- N. Martin, C. Rousselot, D. Rondot, F. Palmino, and R. Mercier, “Microstructure modification of amorphous titanium oxide thin films during annealing treatment,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 300, no. 1-2, pp. 113–121, 1997.
- P. Eiamchai, P. Chindaudom, A. Pokaipisit, and P. Limsuwan, “A spectroscopic ellipsometry study of TiO2 thin films prepared by ion-assisted electron-beam evaporation,” Current Applied Physics, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 707–712, 2009.
- M. Guittet, J. Crocombette, and M. Gautier-Soyer, “Bonding and XPS chemical shifts in ZrSiO4 versus SiO2 and ZrO2: charge transfer and electrostatic effects,” Physical Review B, vol. 63, no. 12, Article ID 125117, 7 pages, 2001.
- J. Singh and D. E. Wolfe, “Review Nano and macro-structured component fabrication by electron beam-physical vapor deposition (EB-PVD),” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 1–26, 2005.
- S. H. Woo and C. K. Hwangbo, “Effects of annealing on the optical, structural, and chemical properties of TiO2 and MgF2 thin films prepared by plasma ion-assisted deposition,” Applied Optics, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 1447–1455, 2006.
- V. Mikhelashvili and G. Eisenstein, “Effects of annealing conditions on optical and electrical characteristics of titanium dioxide films deposited by electron beam evaporation,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 89, no. 6, pp. 3256–3269, 2001.
- S. Y. Lien, D. S. Wuu, W. C. Yeh, and J. C. Liu, “Tri-layer antireflection coatings (SiO2/SiO2-TiO2/TiO2) for silicon solar cells using a sol-gel technique,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 90, no. 16, pp. 2710–2719, 2006.