- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 574914, 7 pages
Sensitivity Analysis of the Artificial Neural Network Outputs in Friction Stir Lap Joining of Aluminum to Brass
1Department of Automotive Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran 16846-13114, Iran
2Faculty of New Sciences and Technologies (FNST), University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
3Department of Mechanical Engineering, Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology (IROST), Tehran, Iran
Received 15 December 2012; Revised 26 February 2013; Accepted 26 February 2013
Academic Editor: Rui Vilar
Copyright © 2013 Mohammad Hasan Shojaeefard et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Esmaeili, M. K. B. Givi, and H. R. Z. Rajani, “A metallurgical and mechanical study on dissimilar Friction Stir welding of aluminum 1050 to brass (CuZn30),” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 528, no. 22-23, pp. 7093–7102, 2011.
- H. Okuyucu, A. Kurt, and E. Arcaklioglu, “Artificial neural network application to the friction stir welding of aluminum plates,” Materials & Design, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 78–84, 2007.
- M. H. Shojaeefard, R. A. Behnagh, M. Akbari, M. K. B. Givi, and F. Farhani, “Modelling and Pareto optimization of mechanical properties of friction stir welded AA7075/AA5083 butt joints using neural network and particle swarm algorithm,” Materials & Design, vol. 44, pp. 190–198, 2013.
- P. Asadi, M. K. B. Givi, A. Rastgoo, M. Akbari, V. Zakeri, and S. Rasouli, “Predicting the grain size and hardness of AZ91/SiC nanocomposite by artificial neural networks,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 63, pp. 1095–1107, 2012.
- M. Lu, S. M. AbouRizk, and U. H. Hermann, “Sensitivity analysis of neural networks in spool fabrication productivity studies,” Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 299–308, 2001.
- Y. Dimopoulos, P. Bourret, and S. Lek, “Use of some sensitivity criteria for choosing networks with good generalization ability,” Neural Processing Letters, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 1–4, 1995.
- G. D. Garson, “Interpreting neural-network connection weights,” AI Expert, vol. 6, pp. 46–51, 1991.
- S. Lek, A. Belaud, P. Baran, I. Dimopoulos, and M. Delacoste, “Role of some environmental variables in trout abundance models using neural networks,” Aquatic Living Resources, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 23–29, 1996.
- G. R. Balls, D. Palmer-Brown, and G. E. Sanders, “Investigating microclimatic influences on ozone injury in clover (Trifolium subterraneum) using artificial neural networks,” New Phytologist, vol. 132, no. 2, pp. 271–280, 1996.
- M. Akbari and R. Abdi Behnagh, “Dissimilar friction-stir lap joining of 5083 aluminum alloy to CuZn34 brass,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, vol. 43, pp. 1177–1186, 2012.
- W. Y. K. Chiang, D. Zhang, and L. Zhou, “Predicting and explaining patronage behavior toward web and traditional stores using neural networks: a comparative analysis with logistic regression,” Decision Support Systems, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 514–531, 2006.
- S. Dutta and J. P. Gupta, “PVT correlations for Indian crude using artificial neural networks,” Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 72, no. 1-2, pp. 93–109, 2010.
- M. Gevrey, I. Dimopoulos, and S. Lek, “Review and comparison of methods to study the contribution of variables in artificial neural network models,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 160, no. 3, pp. 249–264, 2003.
- T. Tchaban, M. J. Taylor, and J. P. Griffin, “Establishing impacts of the inputs in a feedforward neural network,” Neural Computing and Applications, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 309–317, 1998.
- J. J. Montaño and A. Palmer, “Numeric sensitivity analysis applied to feedforward neural networks,” Neural Computing and Applications, vol. 12, pp. 119–125, 2003.
- W. Wang, P. Jones, and D. Partridge, “Assessing the impact of input features in a feedforward neural network,” Neural Computing and Applications, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 101–112, 2000.