- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 580470, 7 pages
A Study on Contact Fatigue Performance of Nitrided and TiN Coated Gears
1Key Laboratory of Manufacture and Test Techniques for Automobile Parts, Ministry of Education, Chongqing 400054, China
2Material Science and Engineering College, Chongqing University of Technology, Chongqing 400054, China
Received 19 July 2013; Accepted 1 September 2013
Academic Editor: Xing Chen
Copyright © 2013 Hongbin Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. C. Martins, P. S. Moura, and J. O. Seabra, “MoS2/Ti low-friction coating for gears,” Tribology International, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 1686–1697, 2006.
- M. Kalin and J. Vižintin, “The tribological performance of DLC-coated gears lubricated with biodegradable oil in various pinion/gear material combinations,” Wear, vol. 259, no. 7–12, pp. 1270–1280, 2005.
- J. C. Jiang, W. J. Meng, A. G. Evans, and C. V. Cooper, “Structure and mechanics of W-DLC coated spur gears,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 176, no. 1, pp. 50–56, 2003.
- C. Mercer, A. G. Evans, N. Yao, S. Allameh, and C. V. Cooper, “Material removal on lubricated steel gears with W-DLC-coated surfaces,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 173, no. 2-3, pp. 122–129, 2003.
- S. Baragetti, “Fatigue resistance of steel and titanium PVD coated spur gears,” International Journal of Fatigue, vol. 29, no. 9–11, pp. 1893–1903, 2007.
- J. Luo, H. Dong, and T. Bell, “Model-based contact fatigue design of surface engineered titanium gears,” Computational Materials Science, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 447–457, 2006.
- Q. Wenfu, C. Xingjin, L. Long, et al., “Surface treatment and coating technologies on gears,” Journal of Chongqing University, vol. 2, pp. 1–4, 2005 (Chinese).
- M. Fujii, M. Seki, and A. Yoshida, “Surface durability of WC/C-coated case-hardened steel gear,” Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 103–106, 2010.
- L. Lu, F. Xu, T. Jiang, Q. Zhang, and S. Lyu, “Characteristic evaluation of friction and wear in the C-N and TiN coated gear,” International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 107–111, 2010.
- N. Dingremont, E. Bergmann, and P. Collignon, “Application of duplex coatings for metal injection moulding,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 157–162, 1995.
- S. Ma, Y. Li, and K. Xu, “The composite of nitrided steel of H13 and TiN coatings by plasma duplex treatment and the effect of pre-nitriding,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 137, no. 2-3, pp. 116–121, 2001.
- M. B. Feng and Y. L. Chen, “Fixed emitting point method-an accelerated test program to determine fatigue limit of automotive components,” SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1646, SAE International, 2004.
- M. Murakawa, T. Komori, S. Takeuchi, and K. Miyoshi, “Performance of a rotating gear pair coated with an amorphous carbon film under a loss-of-lubrication condition,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 120-121, pp. 646–652, 1999.
- G. W. Stachowiak, Engineering Tribology, Elsevier, 3rd edition, 2006.
- J. W. Blake and H. S. Cheng, “A surface pitting life model for spur gears,” Tribology, vol. 113, pp. 712–718, 1991.
- T. E. Tallian, “Simplified contact fatigue life prediction model,” Journal of Tribology, vol. 2, pp. 207–220, 1992.