- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 615464, 7 pages
Optimization of Ni-Based WC/Co/Cr Composite Coatings Produced by Multilayer Laser Cladding
Department of Mechanics, Mathematics and Management, Polytechnic University of Bari, Viale Japigia 182, 70126 Bari, Italy
Received 7 January 2013; Accepted 29 April 2013
Academic Editor: Roham Rafiee
Copyright © 2013 Andrea Angelastro et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Przybylowicz and J. Kusiński, “Structure of laser cladded tungsten carbide composite coatings,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 109, no. 1-2, pp. 154–160, 2001.
- S. W. Huang, M. Samandi, and M. Brandt, “Abrasive wear performance and microstructure of laser clad WC/Ni layers,” Wear, vol. 256, no. 11-12, pp. 1095–1105, 2004.
- G. Xu, M. Kutsuna, Z. Liu, and L. Sun, “Characteristic behaviours of clad layer by a multi-layer laser cladding with powder mixture of Stellite-6 and tungsten carbide,” Surface & Coatings Technology, vol. 201, no. 6, pp. 3385–3392, 2006.
- W. Liu, M. Zhong, M. Ma, J. He, H. Zhang, and W. Zhang, “Laser producing particulate reinforced Fe-based MMC coatings and industrial applications,” in Proceedinga of the 22nd ICALEO Conference on Laser Materials Processing, vol. 22, pp. 189–196, Laser Institute of America, 2003.
- L. Sexton, S. Lavin, G. Byrne, and A. Kennedy, “Laser cladding of aerospace materials,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 63–68, 2002.
- L. Shepeleva, B. Medres, W. D. Kaplan, M. Bamberger, and A. Weisheit, “Laser cladding of turbine blades,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 125, no. 1–3, pp. 45–48, 2000.
- S. Zhou and X. Dai, “Laser induction hybrid rapid cladding of WC particles reinforced NiCrBSi composite coatings,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 256, no. 14, pp. 4708–4714, 2010.
- C. Guo, J. Zhou, J. Chen, J. Zhao, Y. Yu, and H. Zhou, “High temperature wear resistance of laser cladding NiCrBSi and NiCrBSi/WC-Ni composite coatings,” Wear, vol. 270, no. 7-8, pp. 492–498, 2011.
- Z. Chen, L. C. Lim, and M. Qian, “Laser cladding of WC—Ni composite,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 321–323, 1996.
- P. Wu, H. M. Du, X. L. Chen, Z. Q. Li, H. L. . Bai, and E. Y. Jiang, “Influence of WC particle behavior on the wear resistance properties of Ni-WC composite coatings,” Wear, vol. 257, pp. 142–147, 2004.
- K. van Acker, D. Vanhoyweghen, R. Persoons, and J. Vangrunderbeek, “Influence of tungsten carbide particle size and distribution on the wear resistance of laser clad WC/Ni coatings,” Wear, vol. 258, no. 1–4, pp. 194–202, 2005.
- S. Zhou, X. Zeng, Q. Hu, and Y. Huang, “Analysis of crack behavior for Ni-based WC composite coatings by laser cladding and crack-free realization,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 5, pp. 1646–1653, 2008.
- S. Zhou, Y. Huang, X. Zeng, and Q. Hu, “Microstructure characteristics of Ni-based WC composite coatings by laser induction hybrid rapid cladding,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 480, no. 1-2, pp. 564–572, 2008.
- S. Zhou, X. Dai, and X. Zeng, “Effects of processing parameters on structure of Ni-based WC composite coatings during laser induction hybrid rapid cladding,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 20, pp. 8494–8500, 2009.
- R. Colaço, L. Costa, R. Guerra, and R. Vilar, “A simple correlation between the geometry of laser cladding tracks and the process parameters,” in Laser Processing: Surface Treatment and Film Deposition, J. Mazumder, O. Conde, R. Vilar, and W. Steen, Eds., pp. 421–429, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1996.
- K. Zhang, W. Liu, and X. Shang, “Research on the processing experiments of laser metal deposition shaping,” Optics & Laser Technology, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 549–557, 2007.
- A. Angelastro, S. L. Campanelli, G. Casalino, A. D. Ludovico, and S. Ferrara, “A methodology for optimization of the Direct Laser Metal Deposition process,” Key Engineering Materials, vol. 473, pp. 75–82, 2011.
- O. C. Mazumder, R. Villar, and W. Steen, Laser Processing: Surface Treatment and Film Deposition, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1996.
- A. Angelastro, S. L. Campanelli, and A. D. Ludovico, “Characterization of colmonoy 227-F samples obtained by direct laser metal deposition,” in Advanced Materials Research, M. S. J. Hashmi, B. S. Yilbas, and S. Naher, Eds., vol. 83–86, pp. 842–849, Trans Tech Publications, Zurich, Switzerland, 2010.
- M. Qian, L. C. Lim, and Z. D. Chen, “Laser cladding of nickel-based hard-facing alloys,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 106, no. 2-3, pp. 174–182, 1998.
- M. Qian, L. C. Lim, Z. D. Chen, and W. L. Chen, “Parametric studies of laser cladding processes,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 63, no. 1–3, pp. 590–593, 1997.