- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 620231, 10 pages
Analytical Optimization of Piezoelectric Circular Diaphragm Generator
1Mechanical Department, Engineering Faculty, Razi University, Kermanshah 67149-67346, Iran
2Mechanical Department, Dareshahr Branch, Islamic Azad University, Dareshahr 6961713751, Iran
Received 14 May 2013; Revised 6 August 2013; Accepted 20 August 2013
Academic Editor: Luciano Mescia
Copyright © 2013 S. Mohammadi and M. Abdalbeigi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Khodayari, S. Pruvost, G. Sebald, D. Guyomar, and S. Mohammadi, “Nonlinear pyroelectric energy harvesting from relaxor single crystals,” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 693–698, 2009.
- D. Guyomar, A. Badel, E. Lefeuvre, and C. Richard, “Toward energy harvesting using active materials and conversion improvement by nonlinear processing,” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 584–594, 2005.
- G. Sebald, E. Lefeuvre, and D. Guyomar, “Pyroelectric energy conversion: optimization principles,” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 538–551, 2008.
- C. Mo, L. J. Radziemski, and W. W. Clark, “Analysis of piezoelectric circular diaphragm energy harvesters for use in a pressure fluctuating system,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 19, no. 2, Article ID 025016, 2010.
- S. Kim, W. W. Clark, and Q. M. Wang, “Piezoelectric energy harvesting using a biomorph circular plate: experimental study,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 855–864, 2005.
- S. Kim, W. W. Clark, and Q. Wang, “Piezoelectric energy harvesting with a clamped circular plate: analysis,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 847–854, 2005.
- S. Li and S. Chen, “Analytical analysis of a circular PZT actuator for valveless micropumps,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 104, no. 2, pp. 151–161, 2003.
- C. Mo, R. Wright, W. S. Slaughter, and W. W. Clark, “Behaviour of a unimorph circular piezoelectric actuator,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1094–1102, 2006.
- M. J. Ramsay and W. W. Clark, “Piezoelectric energy harvesting for bio MEMS applications,” in Proceedings of the 8th Annual International Symposium on Smart Structures and Materials (SPIE' 01), vol. 4332, pp. 429–438, 2001.
- Y. C. Shu, I. C. Lien, and W. J. Wu, “An improved analysis of the SSHI interface in piezoelectric energy harvesting,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 2253–2264, 2007.
- A. Tylikowski, “Control of circular plate vibrations via piezoelectric actuators shunted with a capacitive circuit,” Thin-Walled Structures, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 83–94, 2001.
- S. Roundy, E. S. Leland, J. Baker et al., “Improving power output for vibration-based energy scavengers,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 28–36, 2005.
- E. Lefeuvre, A. Badel, C. Richard, L. Petit, and D. Guyomar, “A comparison between several vibration-powered piezoelectric generators for standalone systems,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 126, no. 2, pp. 405–416, 2006.
- D. Guyoniar, S. Pruvost, and G. Sebald, “Energy harvesting based on FE-FE transition in ferroelectric single crystals,” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 279–285, 2008.
- G. K. Ottman, H. F. Hofmann, and G. A. Lesieutre, “Optimized piezoelectric energy harvesting circuit using step-down converter in discontinuous conduction mode,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 696–703, 2003.
- D. Guyomar, G. Sebald, E. Lefeuvre, and A. Khodayari, “Toward heat energy harvesting using pyroelectric material,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 265–271, 2009.
- H. Sodano, D. Inman, and G. Park, “Comparison of piezoelectric energy harvesting devices for recharging batteries,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 799–807, 2005.
- T. Starner, “Human-powered wearable computing,” IBM Systems Journal, vol. 35, no. 3-4, pp. 618–629, 1996.
- T. Starner and J. A. Paradiso, “Human generated power for mobile electronics,” in Low Power Electron, C. Piguet, Ed., pp. 1–35, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2004.
- P. Niu, P. Chapman, R. Riemer, and X. Zhang, “Evaluation of motions and actuation methods for biomechanical energy harvesting,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 35th Annual Power Electronics Specialists Conference (PESC '04), pp. 2100–2106, Aachen, Germany, June 2004.
- S. Suzuki, T. Katane, H. Saotome, and O. Saito, “Electric power-generating system using magnetic coupling for deeply implanted medical electronic devices,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 3006–3008, 2002.
- S. Suzuki, T. Katane, and O. Saito, “Fundamental study of an electric power transmission system for implanted medical devices using magnetic and ultrasonic energy,” Journal of Artificial Organs, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 145–148, 2003.
- W. W. Clark and M. J. Ramsay, “Smart material transducers as power sources for MEMS devices,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Smart Structures and Microsystems, pp. 19–21, Hong Kong, October 2000.
- D. Guyomar, S. Mohammadi, and C. Richard, “Effect of boundary (support) conditions on piezoelectric damping in the case of SSDI vibration control technique,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 501–513, 2009.
- E. Ventsel and T. Krauthammer, Thin Plates and Shells Theory Analysis and Applications, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- IEEE standard 176, IEEE Standards on Piezoelectricity, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, New York, NY, USA, 1978.