- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 624314, 4 pages
Tapered Fiber Coated with Hydroxyethyl Cellulose/Polyvinylidene Fluoride Composite for Relative Humidity Sensor
1Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2Photonics Research Centre, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 15 June 2013; Accepted 23 August 2013
Academic Editor: Moh Yasin
Copyright © 2013 M. Z. Muhammad et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. L. Yeo, T. Sun, and K. T. V. Grattan, “Fibre-optic sensor technologies for humidity and moisture measurement,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 144, no. 2, pp. 280–295, 2008.
- H. A. Rahman, S. W. Harun, M. Yasin et al., “Tapered plastic multimode fiber sensor for salinity detection,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 171, no. 2, pp. 219–222, 2011.
- M. Z. Muhammad, A. A. Jasim, H. Ahmad, H. Arof, and S. W. Harun, “Non-adiabatic silica microfiber for strain and temperature sensors,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 192, pp. 130–132, 2013.
- S. W. Harun, K. S. Lim, S. S. A. Damanhuri, and H. Ahmad, “Microfiber loop resonator based temperature sensor,” Journal of the European Optical Society, vol. 6, Article ID 11026, 2011.
- S. Muto, O. Suzuki, T. Amano, and M. Morisawa, “A plastic optical fibre sensor for real-time humidity monitoring,” Measurement Science and Technology, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 746–750, 2003.
- C. Bariáin, I. R. Matías, F. J. Arregui, and M. López-Amo, “Optical fiber humidity sensor based on a tapered fiber coated with agarose gel,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 127–131, 2000.
- J. Estella, P. De Vicente, J. C. Echeverría, and J. J. Garrido, “A fibre-optic humidity sensor based on a porous silica xerogel film as the sensing element,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 149, no. 1, pp. 122–128, 2010.