- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 640428, 7 pages
A Humidity Sensor Based on Silver Nanoparticles Thin Film Prepared by Electrostatic Spray Deposition Process
1Electronics and Control System for Nanodevice Research Laboratory, College of Nanotechnology,
King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Bangkok 10520, Thailand
2Thailand Center of Excellence in Physics, CHE, 328 Si Ayutthaya Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
3Nanotec-KMITL Excellence Center on Nanoelectronic Devices, Bangkok 10520, Thailand
Received 27 March 2013; Revised 10 May 2013; Accepted 19 May 2013
Academic Editor: Zhimin Liu
Copyright © 2013 Thutiyaporn Thiwawong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. K. Kannan, R. Saraswathi, and J. B. B. Rayappan, “A highly sensitive humidity sensor based on DC reactive magnetron sputtered zinc oxide thin film,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 164, no. 1-2, pp. 8–14, 2010.
- A. C. Power, A. J. Betts, and J. F. Cassidy, “Silver nanoparticle polymer composite based humidity sensor,” Analyst, vol. 135, no. 7, pp. 1645–1652, 2010.
- C. Lee and G. Lee, “Humidity sensors: a review,” Sensor Letters, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 2005.
- M. V. Fuke, A. Vijayan, P. Kanitkar, and R. C. Aiyer, “Optical humidity sensing characteristics of Ag-polyaniline nanocomposite,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 648–653, 2009.
- C. Baratto, E. Comini, G. Faglia, G. Sberveglieri, M. Zha, and A. Zappettini, “Metal oxide nanocrystals for gas sensing,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 109, no. 1, pp. 2–6, 2005.
- P. L. P. Hoa, G. Suchaneck, and G. Gerlach, “Influence of polycrystalline silicon as electrical shield on reliability and stability of piezoresistive sensors,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 120, no. 2, pp. 567–572, 2005.
- Y. Sakai, Y. Sadaoka, and M. Matsuguchi, “Humidity sensors based on polymer thin films,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 35, no. 1–3, pp. 85–90, 1996.
- X. H. Wang, Y. F. Ding, J. Zhang et al., “Humidity sensitive properties of ZnO nanotetrapods investigated by a quartz crystal microbalance,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 421–427, 2006.
- B. Tao, J. Zhang, F. Miao, H. Li, L. Wan, and Y. Wang, “Capacitive humidity sensors based on Ni/SiNWs nanocomposites,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 136, no. 1, pp. 144–150, 2009.
- C. H. Chen, A. A. J. Buysman, E. M. Kelder, and J. Schoonman, “Fabrication of LiCoO2 thin film cathodes for rechargeable lithium battery by electrostatic spray pyrolysis,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 80, no. 1-2, pp. 1–4, 1995.
- O. Wilhelm, S. E. Pratsinis, D. Perednis, and L. J. Gauckler, “Electrospray and pressurized spray deposition of yttria-stabilized zirconia films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 479, no. 1-2, pp. 121–129, 2005.
- M. Nomura, B. Meester, J. Schoonman, F. Kapteijn, and J. A. Moulijn, “Preparation of thin porous titania films on stainless steel substrates for heat exchange (HEX) reactors,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 32, no. 1–3, pp. 387–395, 2003.
- S. C. G. Leeuwenburgh, J. G. C. Wolke, J. Schoonman, and J. A. Jansen, “Deposition of calcium phosphate coatings with defined chemical properties using the electrostatic spray deposition technique,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 26, no. 4-5, pp. 487–493, 2006.
- E. H. A. Diagne and M. Lumbreras, “Elaboration and characterization of tin oxide-lanthanum oxide mixed layers prepared by the electrostatic spray pyrolysis technique,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 78, no. 1–3, pp. 98–105, 2001.
- H. Gourari, M. Lumbreras, R. van Landschoot, and J. Schoonman, “Electrode nature effects on stannic oxide type layers prepared by electrostatic spray deposition,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 58, no. 1–3, pp. 365–369, 1999.
- K. Onlaor, B. Tunhoo, P. Keeratithiwakorn, T. Thiwawong, and J. Nukeaw, “Electrical bistable properties of copper phthalocyanine at different deposition rates,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 72, pp. 60–66, 2012.
- J. Jeong, Y. Jeon, K. Jeon, K. Hwang, and B. Kim, “Preparation of zinc oxide films by an electrostatic spray deposition process,” Journal of Ceramic Processing Research, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 70–74, 2006.
- F. Mafuné, J. Kohno, Y. Takeda, T. Kondow, and H. Sawabe, “Structure and stability of silver nanoparticles in aqueous solution produced by laser ablation,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 104, no. 35, pp. 8333–8337, 2000.
- C. Petit, P. Lixon, and M. Pileni, “In situ synthesis of silver nanocluster in AOT reverse micelles,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 97, no. 49, pp. 12974–12983, 1993.
- U. Kreibig and M. Vollmer, Optical Properties of Metal Clusters, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1995.
- Z. Chen and C. Lu, “Humidity sensors: a review of materials and mechanisms,” Sensor Letters, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 274–295, 2005.
- L. Gu, K. Zheng, Y. Zhou et al., “Humidity sensors based on ZnO/TiO2 core/shell nanorod arrays with enhanced sensitivity,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 159, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2011.
- K. Ogura, T. Tonosaki, and H. Shiigi, “AC impedance spectroscopy of humidity sensor using poly(o-phenylenediamine)/poly(vinyl alcohol) composite film,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 148, no. 3, pp. H21–H27, 2001.
- Y. Li, M. J. Yang, and Y. She, “Humidity sensors using in situ synthesized sodium polystyrenesulfonate/ZnO nanocomposites,” Talanta, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 707–712, 2004.
- E. Traversa, A. Bearzotti, M. Miyayama, and H. Yanagida, “Study of the conduction mechanism of La2CuO4–ZnO heterocontacts at different relative humidities,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 25, no. 1–3, pp. 714–718, 1995.
- M. Vrňata, D. Kopecký, F. Vysloužil et al., “Impedance properties of polypyrrolic sensors prepared by MAPLE technology,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 137, no. 1, pp. 88–93, 2009.
- C. D. Feng, S. L. Sun, H. Wang, C. U. Segre, and J. R. Stetter, “Humidity sensing properties of Nafion and sol-gel derived SiO2/Nafion composite thin films,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 40, no. 2-3, pp. 217–222, 1997.
- J. Wang, Q. H. Lin, R. Zhou, and B. K. Xu, “Humidity sensors based on composite material of nano-BaTiO3 and polymer RMX,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 81, no. 2-3, pp. 248–253, 2002.
- J. M. Gorham, R. I. MacCuspie, K. L. Klein, D. H. Fairbrother, and R. D. Holbrook, “UV-induced photochemical transformations of citrate-capped silver nanoparticle suspensions,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 14, article 1139, 2012.
- X. Jiang, X. Zhou, Y. Zhang, T. Zhang, Z. Guo, and N. Gu, “Interfacial effects of in situ-synthesized ag nanoparticles on breath figures,” Langmuir, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 2477–2483, 2010.
- C. Levard, E. M. Hotze, G. V. Lowry, and G. E. Brown, “Environmental transformations of silver nanoparticles: impact on stability and toxicity,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 46, no. 13, pp. 6900–6914, 2012.