- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 686409, 8 pages
Performance Analysis of Al2O3/Water Nanofluid with Cationic Chitosan Dispersant
1Department of Energy and Air-Conditioning Refrigeration Engineering, National Taipei University of Technology, Taipei City 10608, Taiwan
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei City 10617, Taiwan
3Graduate Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, National Taipei University of Technology, Taipei City 10608, Taiwan
Received 15 September 2013; Accepted 23 October 2013
Academic Editor: Ho Chang
Copyright © 2013 T. Y. Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. H. Hung, T. P. Teng, and B. G. Lin, “Evaluation of the thermal performance of a heat pipe using alumina nanofluids,” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, vol. 44, pp. 504–511, 2013.
- T. Yousefi, F. Veysi, E. Shojaeizadeh, and S. Zinadini, “An experimental investigation on the effect of Al2O3/H2O nanofluid on the efficiency of flat-plate solar collectors,” Renewable Energy, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 293–298, 2012.
- D. P. Kulkarni, R. S. Vajjha, D. K. Das, and D. Oliva, “Application of aluminum oxide nanofluids in diesel electric generator as jacket water coolant,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 28, no. 14-15, pp. 1774–1781, 2008.
- C.-S. Jwo, L.-Y. Jeng, T.-P. Teng, and C.-C. Chen, “Performance of overall heat transfer in multi-channel heat exchanger by alumina nanofluid,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 504, pp. S385–S388, 2010.
- G. Huminic and A. Huminic, “Application of nanofluids in heat exchangers: a review,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 16, pp. 5625–5638, 2012.
- Y.-H. Hung, T.-P. Teng, T.-C. Teng, and J.-H. Chen, “Assessment of heat dissipation performance for nanofluid,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 132–140, 2012.
- S. U. S. Choi and J. A. Eastman, “Enhancing thermal conductivity of fluids with nanoparticles,” in Proceedings of the International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exhibition, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1995.
- J. A. Eastman, U. S. Choi, S. Li, L. J. Thompson, and S. Lee, “Enhanced thermal conductivity through the development of nanofluids,” Materials Research Society Symposium, vol. 457, pp. 9–10, 1997.
- S. Lee, S. U.-S. Choi, S. Li, and J. A. Eastman, “Measuring thermal conductivity of fluids containing oxide nanoparticles,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 121, no. 2, pp. 280–288, 1999.
- X. Wang, X. Xu, and S. U. S. Choi, “Thermal conductivity of nanoparticle—fluid mixture,” Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 474–480, 1999.
- Y. Xuan and Q. Li, “Heat transfer enhancement of nanofluids,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 58–64, 2000.
- J. A. Eastman, S. U. S. Choi, S. Li, W. Yu, and L. J. Thompson, “Anomalously increased effective thermal conductivities of ethylene glycol-based nanofluids containing copper nanoparticles,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 78, no. 6, pp. 718–720, 2001.
- C. H. Li and G. P. Peterson, “Experimental investigation of temperature and volume fraction variations on the effective thermal conductivity of nanoparticle suspensions (nanofluids),” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 99, no. 8, Article ID 084314, 2006.
- D.-H. Yoo, K. S. Hong, and H.-S. Yang, “Study of thermal conductivity of nanofluids for the application of heat transfer fluids,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 455, no. 1-2, pp. 66–69, 2007.
- C. H. Li and G. P. Peterson, “The effect of particle size on the effective thermal conductivity of Al2O3-water nanofluids,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 101, no. 4, Article ID 044312, 2007.
- K.-F. V. Wong and T. Kurma, “Transport properties of alumina nanofluids,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 34, Article ID 345702, 2008.
- S. E. B. Maiga, C. T. Nguyen, N. Galanis, and G. Roy, “Heat transfer behaviours of nanofluids in a uniformly heated tube,” Superlattices and Microstructures, vol. 35, no. 3–6, pp. 543–557, 2004.
- S. E. B. Maiga, S. J. Palm, C. T. Nguyen, G. Roy, and N. Galanis, “Heat transfer enhancement by using nanofluids in forced convection flows,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 530–546, 2005.
- S. K. Das, N. Putra, P. Thiesen, and W. Roetzel, “Temperature dependence of thermal conductivity enhancement for nanofluids,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 125, no. 4, pp. 567–574, 2003.
- C. H. Chon and K. D. Kihm, “Empirical correlation finding the role of temperature and particle size for nanofluid (Al2O3) thermal conductivity enhancement,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 15, Article ID 153107, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- C. Kang, M. Okada, A. Hattori, and K. Oyama, “Natural convection of water-fine particle suspension in a rectangular vessel heated and cooled from opposing vertical walls (classification of the natural convection in the case of suspension with a narrow-size distribution),” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 44, no. 15, pp. 2973–2982, 2001.
- X.-J. Wang, O.-S. Zhu, and S. Yang, “Investigation of pH and SDBS on enhancement of thermal conductivity in nanofluids,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 470, no. 1–3, pp. 107–111, 2009.
- W. Yu and H. Xie, “A review on nanofluids: preparation, stability mechanisms, and applications,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 435873, 17 pages, 2012.
- D. S. Zhu, X. F. Li, N. Wang, X. J. Wang, J. W. Gao, and H. Li, “Dispersion behavior and thermal conductivity characteristics of Al2O3-H2O nanofluids,” Current Applied Physics, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 131–139, 2009.
- K. Wusiman, H. Jeong, K. Tulugan, H. Afrianto, and H. Chung, “Thermal performance of multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) in aqueous suspensions with surfactants SDBS and SDS,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 41, pp. 28–33, 2013.
- R. Mondragon, J. E. Julia, A. Barba, and J. C. Jarque, “Characterization of silica-water nanofluids dispersed with an ultrasound probe: a study of their physical properties and stability,” Powder Technology, vol. 224, pp. 138–146, 2012.
- D. D. Ebbing and S. D. Gammon, General Chemistry, Cengage, 2013.
- S. K. Das, S. U. S. Choi, W. Yu, and T. Pradeep, Nanofluids Science and Technology, John Wiley & Sons, 2008.