- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 698476, 8 pages
Modelling of Ballistic Impact over a Ceramic-Metal Protection System
1Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense (UNESC), Unidade Acadêmica de Ciências, Engenharias e Tecnologia,
88806-000 Criciúma, SC, Brazil
2Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (UFSC), Centro Tecnológico, Departamento de Engenharia Química, 88040-900 Florianópolis, SC, Brazil
3Construções Mecânicas Cocal Ltda, 88845-000 Cocal do Sul, SC, Brazil
4Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute of Advanced Ceramics, 21073 Hamburg, Germany
5Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (UFSC), Centro de Engenharia da Mobilidade, 89218-000 Joinville, SC, Brazil
Received 24 February 2013; Revised 26 September 2013; Accepted 1 October 2013
Academic Editor: Augusto Deus
Copyright © 2013 Leandro Neckel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. P. Gonçalves, F. C. L. de Melo, A. N. Klein, and H. A. Al-Qureshi, “Analysis and investigation of ballistic impact on ceramic/metal composite armour,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, vol. 44, no. 2-3, pp. 307–316, 2004.
- L. Neckel, D. Hotza, D. Stainer et al., “Solutions for impact over aerospace protection,” Key Engineering Materials, vol. 488-489, pp. 25–28, 2012.
- D. Tabor, The Hardness of Metals, Oxford University Press, 1951.
- A. Tate, “A theory for the deceleration of long rods after impact,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 387–399, 1967.
- R. Hill, The Mathematical Theory of Plasticity, Oxford University Press, 1950.
- H. A. Al-Qureshi and J. D. Bressan, “Investigation of the degree of biaxiality on the limit strains in sheet metal stretching,” in Proceedings of the 9th North American Manufacturing Research Conference (NAMRC '81), pp. 538–541, 1981.
- D. Ishikura and H. A. Al-Qureshi, “An investigation of perforation of metallic and composite plates by projectiles,” in Proceedings of the 5th Pan-American Congress of Applied Mechanics (PACAM '97), pp. 194–197, 1997.
- M. L. Wilkins, “Mechanics of penetration and perforation,” International Journal of Engineering Science, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 793–807, 1978.
- D. Halliday, R. Resnick, and J. Walker, Fundamentals of Physics, vol. 2, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 1996.
- Accuratus, “Aluminum oxide, ceramic properties,” http://accuratus.com/alumox.html.
- Azom Materials, “Stainless steel, grade 304,” http://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=965.
- U.S. National Institute of Justice, “Ballistic resistance of body armor,” NIJ Standard–0101.06, 2008.