- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 710143, 13 pages
Effects of Fiber Orientation and Material Isotropy on the Analytical Elastic Solution of a Stiffened Orthotropic Panel Subjected to a Combined Loading
1Division of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Kongju National University, Republic of Korea
2Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University, Japan
Received 4 December 2012; Accepted 23 February 2013
Academic Editor: Belal F. Yousif
Copyright © 2013 S. K. Deb Nath. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. G. Lekhnitskii, Theory of Elasticity of An Anisotropic Elastic Body, Holden-Day, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1963.
- S. G. Lekhnitskii, Anisotropic Plate, Gordon and Breach, New York, NY, USA, 1968.
- A. N. Stroh, “Dislocations and cracks in anisotropic elasticity,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 3, no. 30, pp. 625–646, 1958.
- A. N. Stroh, “Steady-state problems in anisotropic elasticity,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 41, pp. 77–103, 1962.
- T. C. T. Ting, Anisotropic Elasticity, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- D. M. Barnett and H. O. K. Kirchner, “A proof of the equivalence of the Stroh and Lekhnitskii sextic equations for plane anisotropic elastostatics,” Philosophical Magazine A, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 231–239, 1997.
- H. D. Conway, L. Chow, and G. W. Morgan, “Analysis of deep beams,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 18, pp. 163–172, 1951.
- L. Chow H. D. Conway and G. Winter, “Stresses in deep beams,” Trans ASCE Paper 2557, 1952.
- C. O. Horgan and J. K. Knowels, “Recent developments concerning Saint Venant’s principle,” Advances in Applied Mechanics, vol. 23, pp. 179–269, 1983.
- D. F. Parker, “The role of Saint-Venant’s solutions in rod and beam theories,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 861–866, 1979.
- S. J. Hardy and M. K. Pipelzadeh, “Static analysis of short beams,” Journal of Strain Analysis, vol. 26, pp. 15–29, 1991.
- A. V. Krishna Murty, “Towards a consistent beam theory,” The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 811–816, 1984.
- A. J. Durelli and B. Ranganayakamma, “On the use of photoelasticity and some numerical methods,” in Photomechanics and Speckle Metrology, vol. 814 of Proceedings of the SPIE, pp. 1–8, 1987.
- A. J. Durelli and B. Ranganayakamma, “Parametric solution of stresses in beams,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 115, no. 2, pp. 401–414, 1989.
- S. Timoshenko and V. N. Goodier, Theory of Elasticity, McGraw- Hill, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1979.
- M. W. Uddin, Finite Difference Solution of Two-Dimensional Elastic Problems with Mixed Boundary Conditions [M.S. thesis], Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, 1966.
- R. Chapel and H. W. Smith, “Finite difference solutions for plane stresses,” The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, vol. 6, pp. 1156–1157, 1968.
- H. D. Conway and N. Y. Ithaca, “Some problems of orthotropic plane stress,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, Trans ASME Paper, no. 52-A-4, pp. 72–76, 1953.
- G. M. Kulikov and S. V. Plotnikova, “Exact 3D stress analysis of laminated composite plates by sampling surface method,” Composite Structures, vol. 94, pp. 3654–3663, 2012.
- M. Tahani and A. Andakhshideh, “Interlaminar stresses in thick rectangular laminated plates with arbitrary laminations and boundary conditions under transverse loads,” Composite Structures, vol. 94, pp. 1793–1804, 2012.
- C. Zhang and S. V. Hoa, “A limit-based approach to the stress analysis of cylindrically orthotropic composite cylinders (0/90) subjected to pure bending,” Composite Structures, vol. 94, pp. 2610–2618, 2012.
- J. Singh and K. K. Shukla, “Nonlinear flexural analysis of laminated composite plates using RBF based meshless method,” Composite Structures, vol. 94, pp. 1714–1720, 2012.
- L. He, Y. -S Cheng, and J. Liu, “Precise bending stress analysis of corrugated-core, honey comb-core and X-core sandwich panels,” Composite Structures, vol. 94, pp. 1656–1668, 2012.
- M. Shahbazi, B. Boroomand, and S. Soghrati, “A mesh-free method using exponential basis functions for laminates modeled by CLPT, FSDT and TSDT - Part I: formulation,” Composite Structures, vol. 93, pp. 3112–3119, 2011.
- N. H. Zhang, W. L. Meng, and E. C. Aifantis, “Elastic bending analysis of bilayered beams containing a gradient layer by an alternative two-variable method,” Composite Structures, vol. 93, pp. 3130–3139, 2011.
- A. Alibeigloo and V. Simintan, “Elasticity solution of functionally graded circular and annular plates integrated with Sensor and actuator layers using differential quadrature,” Composite Structures, vol. 93, pp. 2473–2486, 2011.
- K. M. Liew, X. Zhao, and A. J. M. Ferreira, “A review of meshless methods and functionally graded plates and shells,” Composite Structures, vol. 93, pp. 2031–2041, 2011.
- J. D. Rodrigues, C. M. C. Roque, A. J. M. Ferreira, E. Carrera, and M. Cinefra, “Radial basis functions-finite differences collocation and a unified formulation for bending, vibration and buckling analysis of laminated plates, according to Murakami's zig-zag theory,” Composite Structures, vol. 93, no. 7, pp. 1613–1620, 2011.
- R. Stürzenbecher and K. Hofstetter, “Bending of cross-ply laminated composites: an accurate and efficient plate theory based upon models of Lekhnitskii and Ren,” Composite Structures, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 1078–1088, 2011.
- S. K. Deb Nath and A. M. Afsar, “Analysis of the effect of fiber orientation on the elastic field in a stiffened orthotropic panel under uniform tension using displacement potential approach,” Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 300–307, 2009.
- S. K. Deb Nath and S. R. Ahmed, “Investigation of elastic field of a short orthotopic composite column by using finite-difference technique,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, vol. 222, no. 8, pp. 1161–1169, 2008.
- R. M. Jones, Mechanics of Composite Materials, McGraw-Hill, 1975.
- C. W. Nan, R. Z. Yuan, and L. M. Zhang, “The physics of metal/ceramic functionally gradient materials,” in Ceramic Transaction. Functionally Gradient Materials, J. B. Holt, et al., Ed., vol. 34, pp. 75–82, American Ceramic society, Westerville, Ohio, USA, 1993.