- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 734031, 4 pages
Carbonation Coefficients from Concrete Made with High-Absorption Limestone Aggregate
College of Engineering, Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán, Avenida Industrias No Contaminantes s/n por Periférico Norte, Mérida, YUC, CP 97110, Mexico
Received 31 May 2013; Accepted 28 August 2013
Academic Editor: Amit Bandyopadhyay
Copyright © 2013 Eric I. Moreno. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Véleva, P. Castro, G. Hernández-Duque, and M. Schorr, “The corrosion performance of steel and reinforced concrete in a tropical humid climate: a review,” Corrosion Reviews, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 235–284, 1998.
- R. F. M. Baker, “Initiation period,” in Corrosion of Steel in Concrete, p. 22, Schiessl, Chapman and Hall, London, UK, 1988.
- E. I. Moreno, Carbonation of blended cement concretes [Ph.D. dissertation], University of South Florida, 1999.
- E. I. Moreno and A. A. Sagüés, Carbonation-Induced Corrosion on Blended-Cement Concrete Mix Designs for Highway Structures, NACE International, Houston, Tex, USA, 1998, CORROSION/98, paper no. 636.
- O. Trocónis-Rincón, A. Romero-Carruyo, C. Andrade, P. Helene, and I. Díaz, Manual for Inspecting, Evaluating and Diagnosing Corrosion in Reinforced Concrete Structures, CYTED, Maracaibo, Venezuela, 2000.
- S. H. Kosmatka and W. C. Panarese, Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures, Portland Cement Association, Skokie, Ill, USA, 14th edition, 2002.
- R. Solís-Carcaño and E. I. Moreno, “Evaluation of concrete made with crushed limestone aggregate based on ultrasonic pulse velocity,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1225–1231, 2008.
- Standard Practice for Selecting Proportions for Normal Heavyweight, and Mass Concrete, ACI 211.1-91, ACI International, Farmington Hills, Mich, USA, 1997.
- Standard Practice for Making and Curing Concrete Test Specimens in the Laboratory, ASTM C 192-98, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, Pa, USA, 2002.
- “CPC-18 measurement of hardened concrete carbonation depth,” Materials and Structures, vol. 21, pp. 453–455, 1988.