- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 748294, 13 pages
Behavior of Concrete Columns Repaired with Polymer Mortar and Epoxy Fiber Panel
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon 440-746, Republic of Korea
Received 12 November 2012; Accepted 30 January 2013
Academic Editor: Md Mainul Islam
Copyright © 2013 Sungnam Hong and Sun-Kyu Park. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. C. I. Committee 546, Guide to Underwater Repair of Concrete, America Concrete Institute, Colo, USA, 2006.
- I. Lasa, R. Powers, and R. Kessler, “Practical application of cathodic protection systems for reinforcing steel substructures in marine environment,” in Proceedings of the International Seminar on Repair and Rehabilitation of Reinforced Concrete Structures, pp. 16–31, Maracaibo, Venezuela, May 1997.
- K. Han, S. Hong, and S. Park, “Seismic performance evaluation of retrofitted bridge by isolation bearings,” Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 134–142, 2009.
- D. Y. Cho, S. K. Park, and S. N. Hong, “Bond-slip behavior of cfrp plate-concrete interface,” Mechanics of Composite Materials, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 529–538, 2011.
- K. B. Han, S. Hong, and S. K. Park, “RC slabs repaired and strengthened by alumina/polymer mortar and prestressing strands in the tension zone: experimental investigation under static and fatigue loadings,” Mechanics of Composite Materials, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 587–602, 2012.
- S. Hong and S. K. Park, “Effect of prestress levels on flexural and debonding behavior of reinforced concrete beams strengthened with prestressed carbon fiber reinforced polymer plates,” Journal of Composite Materials, 2012.
- D. Cambel-Allen and H. Roper, Concrete Structures: Material, Maintenance and Repair, Concrete Design and Construction Series, Longman, Singapore, 1991.
- J. L. Ramírez, “Ten concrete column repair methods,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 195–202, 1996.
- Departments of the Army and Air Force (Headquarters), “Repair of rigid pavements using epoxy-resin grouts, mortars, and concrete (ch 10),” TM 5-822-9/AFM 88-6, Washington, DC, USA, 1989.
- G. W. Depuy, “Polymer modified concrete-properties and applications,” Construction Repair, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 63–67, 1996.
- Y. Ohama, Handbook of Polymer-Modified Concrete and Mortars Properties and Process Technology, Noyes Publications, Park Ridge, NJ, USA, 1995.
- UEG, “The influence of methods and materials on the durability of repairs to concrete coastal and offshore structures,” UEG Publication UR 36(CIRIA/UEG), London, UK, 1986.
- B. Herroelen, D. Van Gemert, and K. Brosen, “Repair and strengthening of a swimming pool roof structure using polymer concrete and CFRP laminates,” in Proceedings of the 9th ICPIC, pp. 419–425, Bologna, Italy, 1998.
- V. A. Lissenko, “Durability and structure formation of polymer composites for restoration and conservation of ancient architectural heritage,” in Proceedings of the 9 ICPIC, pp. 699–708, Bologna, Italy, 1998.
- K. S. Rebeiz, D. W. Fowler, and D. R. Paul, “Recycling plastics in polymer concrete for construction applications,” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 237–248, 1993.
- G. Mullins, R. Sen, K. Suh, and D. Winters, “Underwater fiber-reinforced polymers repair of prestressed piles in the Allen Creek Bridge,” Journal of Composites for Construction, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 136–146, 2005.
- J. Y. Yeom, Underwater Concrete Repairing, Lotte Engineering and Construction, Seoul, South Korea, 2005.
- S. Bazinet, L. Cereone, and F. Worth, “Composite FRP moves into underwater repair applications,” SAMPE Journal, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 8–16, 2003.
- S. A. Austin and P. J. Robins, “Development of patch test to study behavior of shallow concrete patch repairs,” Magazine of Concrete Research, vol. 45, no. 164, pp. 221–229, 1993.
- N. K. Emberson and G. C. Mays, “Significance of property mismatch in the patch repair of structural concrete—part 2: axially loaded reinforced concrete members,” Magazine of Concrete Research, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 45–57, 1996.