- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 754027, 8 pages
Durability Evaluation in Concrete Using Cracked Permeability and Chloride Permeability Tests
Structural Engineering Division, School of Mechanical and Building Sciences, VIT University, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632014, India
Received 27 May 2013; Revised 1 July 2013; Accepted 19 July 2013
Academic Editor: Jörg M. K. Wiezorek
Copyright © 2013 V. M. Sounthararajan and A. Sivakumar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Vijayalakshmi, A. S. S. Sekar, and G. Ganesh prabhu, “Strength and durability properties of concrete made with granite industry waste,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 46, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- J. Sobhani, M. Najimi, and A. R. Pourkhorshidi, “Effects of retempering methods on the compressive strength and water permeability of concrete,” Scientia Iranica, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 211–217, 2012.
- H. A. F. Dehwah, “Mechanical properties of self-compacting concrete incorporating quarry dust powder, silica fume or fly ash,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 547–551, 2012.
- S. A. Abukersh and C. A. Fairfield, “Recycled aggregate concrete produced with red granite dust as a partial cement replacement,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 4088–4094, 2011.
- S.-T. Yi, T.-Y. Hyun, and J.-K. Kim, “The effects of hydraulic pressure and crack width on water permeability of penetration crack-induced concrete,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 2576–2583, 2011.
- F. K. Thomas and P. Partheeban, “Study on the effect of granite powder on concrete properties,” Proceedings of Institution of Civil Engineers, vol. 163, no. 2, pp. 63–70, 2010.
- H.-W. Song, S.-W. Pack, S.-H. Nam, J.-C. Jang, and V. Saraswathy, “Estimation of the permeability of silica fume cement concrete,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 315–321, 2010.
- H.-S. Shi, B.-W. Xu, and X.-C. Zhou, “Influence of mineral admixtures on compressive strength, gas permeability and carbonation of high performance concrete,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 1980–1985, 2009.
- H. Binici, T. Shah, O. Aksogan, and H. Kaplan, “Durability of concrete made with granite and marble as recycle aggregates,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 208, no. 1–3, pp. 299–308, 2008.
- N. Banthia, A. Biparva, and S. Mindess, “Permeability of concrete under stress,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 1651–1655, 2005.
- M. I. Khan and C. J. Lynsdale, “Strength, permeability, and carbonation of high-performance concrete,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 123–131, 2002.
- M. Fauzi, M. Zain, Md. Safiuddin, T. K. Song, H. B. Mahmud, and Y. Matsufuji, “Influence of admixtures and quarry dust on the physcial properties of freshly mixed high performance concrete,” Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Compuation, vol. 2, pp. 1381–1390, 2001.
- V. M. Malhotra and P. K. Mehta, Pozzolanic and Cementitious Materials, vol. 1 of Advances in Concrete Technology, Gordon and Breach, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1996.
- T. Celik and K. Marar, “Effects of crushed stone dust on some properties of concrete,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 1121–1130, 1996.
- A. Kermani, “Permeability of stressed concrete,” Building Research and Information, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 360–366, 1991.
- IS383-1970, Specification for Coarse and Fine Aggregate from Natural Soruces for Concrete, BIS Standard, New Delhi, India.
- IS10262-2009, Indian Standard Method for Concrete Mixture Proportioning, BIS Standard, New Delhi, India.
- ASTM C 1202-1979, Standard Test Method for Electrical Indication of Concrete’s Ability to Resist Chloride Ion Penetration, American Society Testing of Materials, Philadelphia, Pa, USA.
- IS 3085-1965, Method of Test for Permeability of Cement Mortar and Concrete, BIS Standard, New Delhi, India.