- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 790321, 6 pages
Improvement of Dispersion and Color Effect of Organic Pigments in Polymeric Films via Microencapsulation by the Miniemulsion Technique
1Key Laboratory of Advanced Textile Materials and Manufacturing Technology of China Educational Ministry, Zhejiang Sci-Tech University, Hangzhou 310018, China
2College of Materials, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou 310036, China
Received 1 December 2012; Revised 10 May 2013; Accepted 13 May 2013
Academic Editor: Abbas Milani
Copyright © 2013 Dongming Qi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Hayashi, H. Morii, K. Iwasaki, S. Horie, N. Horiishi, and K. Ichimura, “Uniformed nano-downsizing of organic pigments through core-shell structuring,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 527–530, 2007.
- S. Fu, L. Ding, C. Xu, and C. Wang, “Properties of copper phthalocyanine blue encapsulated with a copolymer of styrene and maleic acid,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 211–215, 2010.
- S. Fu, C. Xu, C. Du, A. Tian, and M. Zhang, “Encapsulation of C.I. Pigment blue 15:3 using a polymerizable dispersant via emulsion polymerization,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 384, no. 1-3, pp. 68–74, 2011.
- D. Nguyen, H. S. Zondanos, J. M. Farrugia, A. K. Serelis, C. H. Such, and B. S. Hawkett, “Pigment encapsulation by emulsion polymerization using macro-RAFT copolymers,” Langmuir, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 2140–2150, 2008.
- S. Lelu, C. Novat, C. Graillat, A. Guyot, and E. Bourgeat-Lami, “Encapsulation of an organic phthalocyanine blue pigment into polystyrene latex particles using a miniemulsion polymerization process,” Polymer International, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 542–547, 2003.
- N. Steiert and K. Landfester, “Encapsulation of organic pigment particles via miniemulsion polymerization,” Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, vol. 292, no. 10-11, pp. 1111–1125, 2007.
- S. H. Fu and K. J. Fang, “Preparation of styrene-maleic acid copolymers and its application in encapsulated pigment red 122 dispersion,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 317–321, 2007.
- J. Yang, T. J. Wang, H. He, F. Wei, and Y. Jin, “Particle size distribution and morphology of in situ suspension polymerized toner,” Indutrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 42, no. 22, pp. 5568–5575, 2003.
- S. Kiatkamjornwong and P. Pomsanam, “Synthesis and characterization of styrenic-based polymerized toner and its composite for electrophotographic printing,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 238–248, 2003.
- H. Widiyandari, F. Iskandar, N. Hagura, and K. Okuyama, “Preparation and characterization of nanopigment-poly(styrene-co-w-butyl acrylate-co-methacrylic acid) composite particles by high speed homogenization-assisted suspension polymerization,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 108, no. 2, pp. 1288–1297, 2008.
- D. Qi, R. Zhang, L. Xu, Y. Yuan, and L. Lei, “Preparation and characterization of organic pigment phthalocyanine blue microcapsules by in-situ micro-suspension polymerization,” Acta Polymerica Sinica, no. 2, pp. 145–150, 2011.
- K. Landfester and D. Crespy, “Miniemulsion polymerization,” Materials Science and Technology, pp. 449–474, 2013.
- S. Zhang, S. Zhou, B. You, and L. Wu, “Fabrication of ordered porous polymer film via a one-step strategy and its formation mechanism,” Macromolecules, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 3591–3597, 2009.
- M. J. Patel, V. R. Gundabala, and A. F. Routh, “Modeling film formation of polymer-clay nanocomposite particles,” Langmuir, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 3962–3971, 2010.