- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 857465, 6 pages
Electric and Magnetic Properties of Sputter Deposited BiFeO3 Films
1Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Ioannina, 45110 Ioannina, Greece
2Department of Medical Physics, University of Ioannina, 45110 Ioannina, Greece
3Department of Physics, University of Ioannina, 45110 Ioannina, Greece
4Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser, Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas, Vassilika Vouton, 711 10 Heraklion, Greece
5Department of Physics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 541 24 Thessaloniki, Greece
Received 4 October 2013; Accepted 17 October 2013
Academic Editor: Tung-Ming Pan
Copyright © 2013 N. Siadou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C.-W. Nan, M. I. Bichurin, S. Dong, D. Viehland, and G. Srinivasan, “Multiferroic magnetoelectric composites: historical perspective, status, and future directions,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 103, no. 3, Article ID 031101, 2008.
- M. Bibes and A. Barthélémy, “Towards a magnetoelectric memory,” Nature Materials, vol. 7, pp. 425–426, 2008.
- G. Catalan and J. F. Scott, “Physics and applications of bismuth ferrite,” Advanced Materials, vol. 21, no. 24, pp. 2463–2485, 2009.
- V. R. Palkar, J. John, and R. Pinto, “Observation of saturated polarization and dielectric anomaly in magnetoelectric BiFeO3 thin films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 9, pp. 1628–1630, 2002.
- F. Zavaliche, S. Y. Yang, T. Zhao et al., “Multiferroic BiFeO3 films: domain structure and polarization dynamics,” Phase Transitions, vol. 79, no. 12, pp. 991–1017, 2006.
- H. X. Lu, J. L. Zhao, J. R. Sun, J. Wang, and B. G. Shen, “Ferroelectric domain structure of the BiFeO3 film grown on different substrates,” Physica B, vol. 406, no. 3, pp. 305–308, 2011.
- Y. Li, T. Sritharan, S. Zhang, X. He, Y. Liu, and T. Chen, “Multiferroic properties of sputtered BiFeO3 thin films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 13, Article ID 132908, 2008.
- R. Y. Zheng, X. S. Gao, Z. H. Zhou, and J. Wang, “Multiferroic BiFeO3 thin films deposited on SrRuO3 buffer layer by rf sputtering,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 101, no. 5, Article ID 054104, 2007.
- Z. Chaodan, Z. Duanming, Y. Jun et al., “Synthesis and ferroelectric properties of BiFeO3 thin films grown by sputtering,” Integrated Ferroelectrics, vol. 94, no. 1, pp. 23–30, 2007.
- C. Ternon, J. Thery, T. Baron, C. Ducros, F. Sanchette, and J. Kreisel, “Structural properties of films grown by magnetron sputtering of a BiFeO3 target,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 515, no. 2, pp. 481–484, 2006.
- J. M. Grace, D. B. McDonald, M. T. Reiten, J. Olson, R. T. Kampwirth, and K. E. Gray, “The effect of oxidant on resputtering of Bi from Bi-Sr-Ca-Cu-O films,” The Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology, vol. 10, no. 4, p. 1600, 1991.
- Y.-H. Chu, L. W. Martin, M. B. Holcomb, and R. Ramesh, “Controlling magnetism with multiferroics,” Materials Today, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 16–23, 2007.
- S. Zhu and W. Cao, “Imaging of 180 ferroelectric domains in LiTaO3 by means of scanning electron microscopy,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 173, 1999.
- G. Catalan, H. Béa, S. Fusil et al., “Fractal dimension and size scaling of domains in thin films of multiferroic BiFeO3,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 100, no. 2, Article ID 027602, 2008.
- L. W. Martin, Y.-H. Chu, M. B. Holcomb et al., “Nanoscale control of exchange bias with BiFeO3 thin films,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 2050–2055, 2008.
- Y. B. Chen, M. B. Katz, X. Q. Pan et al., “Ferroelectric domain structures of epitaxial (001) BiFeO3 thin films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 7, Article ID 072907, 2007.
- A. H. Morrish, The Physical Principles of Magnetism, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1965.
- H. Ohldag, A. Scholl, F. Nolting et al., “Correlation between exchange bias and pinned interfacial spins,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 91, no. 1, Article ID 017203, 2003.
- C.-J. Cheng, C. Lu, Z. Chen et al., “Thickness-dependent magnetism and spin-glass behaviors in compressively strained BiFeO3 thin films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, no. 24, Article ID 242502, 2011.
- R. D. Shannon, “Revised effective ionic radii and systematic studies of interatomic distances in halides and chalcogenides,” Acta Crystallographica A, vol. 32, pp. 751–767, 1976.
- H. Ishiwara, “Impurity substitution effects in BiFeO3 thin filmsm-dashFrom a viewpoint of FeRAM applications,” Current Applied Physics, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 603–611, 2012.
- C.-H. Yang, J. Seidel, S. Y. Kim et al., “Electric modulation of conduction in multiferroic Ca-doped BiFeO3 films,” Nature Materials, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 485–493, 2009.