- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 861804, 6 pages
Improving Barrier Properties of PET by Depositing a Layer of DLC Films on Surface
1School of Light Industry, Zhejiang University of Science and Technology, Liuhe Road No. 318, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310023, China
2Department of Packaging Engineering, Xi’an University of Technology, Xi’an, Shanxi 710048, China
Received 20 January 2013; Revised 10 April 2013; Accepted 20 May 2013
Academic Editor: Steve Bull
Copyright © 2013 Zhiguo Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Li, C. Gong, X. Tian, S. Yang, R. K. Y. Fu, and P. K. Chu, “Structure and gas-barrier properties of amorphous hydrogenated carbon films deposited on inner walls of cylindrical polyethylene terephthalate by plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 7, pp. 3983–3988, 2009.
- N. Boutroy, Y. Pernel, J. M. Rius et al., “Hydrogenated amorphous carbon film coating of PET bottles for gas diffusion barriers,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 15, no. 4–8, pp. 921–927, 2006.
- P. B. Yang, Y. Zheng, B. Zhang, and L. Wei, “The high-temperature tribological properties of Si-DLC films,” Surface and Interface Analysis, vol. 44, no. 13, pp. 1601–1605, 2012.
- L. Valentini, J. M. Kenny, G. Mariotto et al., “Ar-dilution effects on the elastic and structural properties of hydrogenated hard carbon films deposited by plasma-enhance chemical vapor deposition,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 10, no. 3–7, pp. 1088–1092, 2001.
- B. J. Jones, S. Wright, R. C. Barklie, J. Tyas, J. Franks, and A. J. Reynolds, “Nanostructure and paramagnetic centres in diamond-like carbon: effect of Ar dilution in PECVD process,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 17, no. 7–10, pp. 1629–1632, 2008.
- N. Dwivedi, S. Kumar, H. K. Malik, G. Govind, C. M. S. Rauthan, and O. S. Panwar, “Correlation of sp3 and sp2 fraction of carbon with electrical, optical and nano-mechanical properties of argon-diluted diamond-like carbon films,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 15, pp. 6804–6810, 2011.
- X. D. Yang, T. Saito, Y. Nakamura, Y. Kondo, and N. Ohtake, “Mechanical properties of DLC films prepared inside of micro-holes by pulse plasma CVD,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 13, no. 11-12, pp. 1984–1988, 2004.
- P. Papakonstantinou, J. F. Zhao, P. Lemoine, E. T. McAdams, and J. A. McLaughlin, “The effects of Si incorporation on the electrochemical and nanomechanical properties of DLC thin films,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 11, no. 3–6, pp. 1074–1080, 2002.
- A. P. Mousinho, R. D. Mansano, M. Massi, and L. S. Zambom, “High density plasma chemical vapor deposition of diamond-like carbon films,” Microelectronics Journal, vol. 34, no. 5–8, pp. 627–629, 2003.
- T. Kuzumaki, Y. Obara, Y. Ishiyama, R. Sato, M. Takashima, and N. Ohtake, “Tensile strength of DLC films evaluated by a nanomaterials testing system,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1–4, 2012.
- B. J. Jones and J. J. Ojeda, “Substrate and material transfer effects on the surface chemistry and texture of diamond-like carbon deposited by plasma-enhanced chemical vapour deposition,” Surface and Interface Analysis, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 1187–1192, 2012.
- V. M. Elinson, V. V. Sleptsov, A. N. Laymin, V. V. Potraysay, L. N. Kostuychenko, and A. D. Moussina, “Barrier properties of carbon films deposited on polymer-based devices in aggressive environments,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 2103–2109, 1999.
- J. Takahashi and A. Hotta, “Adhesion enhancement of polyolefins by diamond like carbon coating and photografting polymerization,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 26, pp. 55–59, 2012.
- J. Choi, K. Ishii, T. Kato, M. Kawaguchi, and W. Lee, “Structural and mechanical properties of DLC films prepared by bipolar PBII&D,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 20, no. 5-6, pp. 845–848, 2011.
- B. Saha, E. Liu, S. B. Tor, D. E. Hardt, J. H. Chun, and N. W. Khun, “Improvement in lifetime and replication quality of Si micromold using N:DLC:Ni coatings for microfluidic devices,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 150, no. 1, pp. 174–182, 2010.
- S. Nagashima, T. Hasebe, D. Tsuya et al., “Controlled formation of wrinkled diamond-like carbon (DLC) film on grooved poly(dimethylsiloxane) substrate,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 22, pp. 48–51, 2012.
- R. Scaffaro and A. Maio, “Enhancing the mechanical performance of polymer based nanocomposites by plasma-modification of nanoparticles,” Polymer Testing, vol. 31, pp. 889–894, 2012.
- M. Agemi, K. Kayama, M. Noborisaka, Y. Tachimoto, A. Shirakura, and T. Suzuki, “Synthesis of hydrogenated amorphous carbon films with a line type atmospheric-pressure plasma CVD apparatus,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 206, no. 7, pp. 2025–2029, 2011.
- D. Xie, H. Liu, X. Deng, Y. X. Leng, and N. Huang, “Effects of process parameters on the structure of hydrogenated amorphous carbon films processed by electron cyclotron resonance plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 204, no. 18-19, pp. 3029–3033, 2010.
- R. Maheswaran, R. Sivaraman, O. Mahapatra, P. C. Rao, C. Gopalakrishnan, and D. J. Thiruvadigal, “Surface studies of diamond-like carbon films grown by plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition,” Surface and Interface Analysis, vol. 42, no. 12-13, pp. 1702–1705, 2010.
- E. Sagnes, J. Szurmak, D. Manage, and S. Zukotynski, “Structure of hydrogenated amorphous carbon deposited using saddle-field glow-discharge in methane,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 249, no. 1, pp. 69–79, 1999.
- R. W. Lamberton, S. M. Morley, P. D. Maguire, and J. A. McLaughlin, “Monitoring laser-induced microstructural changes of thin film hydrogenated amorphous carbon (a-C:H) using Raman spectroscopy,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 333, no. 1-2, pp. 114–125, 1998.
- A. C. Ferrari and J. Robertson, “Interpretation of Raman spectra of disordered and amorphous carbon,” Physical Review B, vol. 61, no. 20, pp. 14095–14107, 2000.
- L. Zhu, M.-F. Jiang, Z.-Y. Ning, J.-L. Du, and P.-J. Wang, “Hydrophobic nature of fluorinated diamond-like carbon films prepared under different radio-frequency power,” Acta Physica Sinica, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 6430–6435, 2009.
- H. X. Xie, G. Ling, and Z. T. Zhu, “Structure and properties of the DLC films deposited By RF-PECVD process,” Journal of Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 190–194, 2009 (Chinese).