- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 916908, 5 pages
In Situ Synthesis and Deposition of Gold Nanoparticles with Different Morphologies on Glass and ITO Substrate by Ultrasonic Spray Pyrolysis
Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León (UANL), Facultad de Ciencias Químicas, Avenida Universidad, Ciudad Universitaria, 66451 San Nicolás de los Garza, NL, Mexico
Received 17 May 2013; Accepted 28 August 2013
Academic Editor: Mohd Sapuan Salit
Copyright © 2013 María de la Garza et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. B. P. Elmes, K. N. Orange, S. M. Cloonan, D. C. Williams, and T. Gunnlaugsson, “Luminescent ruthenium(II) polypyridyl functionalized gold nanoparticles; their DNA binding abilities and application as cellular imaging agents,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 133, no. 40, pp. 15862–15865, 2011.
- I.-K. Ding, J. Zhu, W. Cai et al., “Plasmonic back reflectors: plasmonic dye-sensitized solar cells,” Advanced Energy Materials, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 52–57, 2011.
- H. Hermawan, D. Dubé, and D. Mantovani, “Degradable metallic biomaterials for cardiovascular applications,” in Metals for Biomedical Devices, M. Niinomi, Ed., chapter 16, pp. 379–404, Woodhead Publishing, Cambridge, UK, 2010.
- S. L. Tait, Z. Dohnálek, C. T. Campbell, and B. D. Kay, “Methane adsorption and dissociation and oxygen adsorption and reaction with CO on Pd nanoparticles on MgO(1 0 0) and on Pd(1 1 1),” Surface Science, vol. 591, no. 1–3, pp. 90–107, 2005.
- Q. Su, X. Ma, J. Dong, C. Jiang, and W. Qian, “A reproducible SERS substrate based on electrostatically assisted aptes-functionalized surface-assembly of gold nanostars,” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 1873–1879, 2011.
- B. Sepúlveda, P. C. Angelomé, L. M. Lechuga, and L. M. Liz-Marzán, “LSPR-based nanobiosensors,” Nano Today, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 244–251, 2009.
- K. M. Mayer and J. H. Hafner, “Localized surface plasmon resonance sensors,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 111, no. 6, pp. 3828–3857, 2011.
- K. Saha, S. S. Agasti, C. Kim, X. Li, and V. M. Rotello, “Gold nanoparticles in chemical and biological sensing,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 112, no. 5, pp. 2739–2779, 2012.
- J. Z. Zhang, Optical Properties and Spectroscopy of Nanomaterials, World Scientific Publishing Company, Singapore, 1st edition, 2009.
- T. Kodas and M. Hampden-Smith, Aerosol Processing of Materials, Wiley-VCH, New York, NY, USA, 1st edition, 1999.
- M. T. Htay, Y. Hashimoto, N. Momose, and K. Ito, “Position-selective growth of ZnO nanowires by ultrasonic spray pyrolysis,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 311, no. 20, pp. 4499–4504, 2009.
- M. A. Montero, M. R. Gennero de Chialvo, and A. C. Chialvo, “Preparation of gold nanoparticles supported on glassy carbon by direct spray pyrolysis,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 20, pp. 3276–3280, 2009.
- U. Alver, T. Kılınç, E. Bacaksiz, and S. Nezir, “Temperature dependence of ZnO rods produced by ultrasonic spray pyrolysis method,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 106, no. 2-3, pp. 227–230, 2007.
- H. Zhang and M. T. Swihart, “Synthesis of tellurium dioxide nanoparticles by spray pyrolysis,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1290–1301, 2007.
- S. E. Skrabalak and K. S. Suslick, “Porous MoS2 synthesized by ultrasonic spray pyrolysis,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 127, no. 28, pp. 9990–9991, 2005.
- V. G. Praig, G. Piret, M. Manesse, X. Castel, R. Boukherroub, and S. Szunerits, “Seed-mediated electrochemical growth of gold nanostructures on indium tin oxide thin films,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 53, no. 27, pp. 7838–7844, 2008.
- A. A. Umar, M. Oyama, M. M. Salleh, and B. Y. Majlis, “Formation of high-yield gold nanoplates on the surface: effective two-dimensional crystal growth of nanoseed in the presence of poly(vinylpyrrolidone) and cetyltrimethylammonium bromide,” Crystal Growth and Design, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 2835–2840, 2009.
- M. de la Garza, T. Hernández, R. Colás, and I. Gómez, “Deposition of gold nanoparticles on glass substrate by ultrasonic spray pyrolysis,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 174, no. 1–3, pp. 9–12, 2010.
- R. G. Palgrave and I. P. Parkin, “Aerosol assisted chemical vapor deposition of gold and nanocomposite thin films from hydrogen tetrachloroaurate(III),” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 19, no. 19, pp. 4639–4647, 2007.
- B. Ingham, T. H. Lim, C. J. Dotzler, A. Henning, M. F. Toney, and R. D. Tilley, “How nanoparticles coalesce: an in situ study of Au nanoparticle aggregation and grain growth,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 23, no. 14, pp. 3312–3317, 2011.
- D. Zhang, P. Diao, and Q. Zhang, “Potential-induced shape evolution of gold nanoparticles prepared on ITO substrate,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 113, no. 36, pp. 15796–15800, 2009.
- B. Viswanath, P. Kundu, B. Mukherjee, and N. Ravishankar, “Predicting the growth of two-dimensional nanostructures,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 19, Article ID 195603, 2008.
- Y. Hu, X. Diao, C. Wang, W. Hao, and T. Wang, “Effects of heat treatment on properties of ITO films prepared by rf magnetron sputtering,” Vacuum, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 183–188, 2004.
- J. Lee, D.-G. Lim, W. Song, and J. Yi, “Influence of annealing temperature and atmosphere on the properties of ITO films deposited using a powdery target,” Journal of the Korean Physical Society, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 1143–1146, 2007.