- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 945657, 7 pages
Effects of Deep Cryogenic Treatment on Wear Mechanisms and Microthermal Expansion for the Material of Drive Elements
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kun Shan University, Tainan 710, Taiwan
2Department of Power Mechanical Engineering, National Formosa University, Yunlin 632, Taiwan
3Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering, I-Shou University, Kaohsiung 840, Taiwan
4Hiwin Technologies Corp., Taichung 40707, Taiwan
Received 15 September 2013; Accepted 2 November 2013
Academic Editor: Shoou-Jinn Chang
Copyright © 2013 Yuh-Ping Chang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. F. Carlson, B. V. Narasimha Rao, and G. Thomas, “The effect of austenitizing temperature upon the microstructure and mechanical properties of experimental Fe/Cr/C steels,” Metallurgical Transactions A, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 1273–1284, 1979.
- H.-F. Chai and C. Laird, “Mechanisms of cyclic softening and cyclic creep in low carbon steel,” Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 93, pp. 159–174, 1987.
- W. D. Callister, Material Science and Engineering: An Introduction, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1994.
- D.-H. Huang and G. Thomas, “Structure and mechanical properties of tempered martensite and lower bainite in Fe-Ni-Mn-C steels,” Metallurgical Transactions, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 1587–1598, 1971.
- K. E. Thelning, Steel and Its Heat Treatment, Bofors Handbook, 1975.
- A. M. Nasreldin, M. M. Ghoneim, F. H. Hammad, R. L. Klueh, and R. K. Nanstad, “Effect of tempering on the toughness of a Cr-Mo bainitic steel,” Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 413–420, 1993.
- T. P. Sweeney Jr., “Deep cryogenics: the great cold debate,” Heat Treating, pp. 28–32, 1986.
- D. N. Collins, “Deep cryogenic treatment of tool steels: a review,” Heat Treatment of Metals, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 40–42, 1996.
- Y.-P. Chang, J.-P. Yur, H.-M. Chou, and H.-M. Chu, “Tribo-electrification mechanisms for self-mated carbon steels in dry severe wear process,” Wear, vol. 260, no. 11-12, pp. 1209–1216, 2006.
- Y.-P. Chang, H.-M. Chu, and H.-M. Chou, “Effects of mechanical properties on the tribo-electrification mechanisms of iron rubbing with carbon steels,” Wear, vol. 262, no. 1-2, pp. 112–120, 2007.
- Y.-P. Chang, Y.-Y. Hung, L.-M. Chu, J.-P. Yur, and C.-H. Lin, “The surface magnetization approach on assessing tribological properties of steels with different TiN coatings,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers J, vol. 223, no. 4, pp. 715–722, 2009.
- Y.-P. Chang, J.-H. Horng, J.-P. Yur, L.-M. Chu, and Y.-C. Hwang, “The surface magnetization approach on assessing the tribological properties of iron sliding against iron coated with pure tin and with a tin composite,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers J, vol. 225, no. 12, pp. 1199–1208, 2011.