- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 947571, 8 pages
Blast-Resistant Improvement of Sandwich Armor Structure with Aluminum Foam Composite
School of Automotive Engineering, State Key Laboratory of Structural Analysis for Industrial Equipment, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
Received 30 May 2013; Accepted 26 August 2013
Academic Editor: Bin Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Shu Yang and Chang Qi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. A. Gama, T. A. Bogetti, B. K. Fink et al., “Aluminum foam integral armor: a new dimension in armor design,” Composite Structures, vol. 52, no. 3-4, pp. 381–395, 2001.
- R. Sriram, U. K. Vaidya, and J.-E. Kim, “Blast impact response of aluminum foam sandwich composites,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 41, no. 13, pp. 4023–4039, 2006.
- A. Schenker, I. Anteby, E. Nizri et al., “Foam-protected reinforced concrete structures under impact: experimental and numerical studies,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 131, no. 8, pp. 1233–1242, 2005.
- R. Monti, “Normal shock wave reflection on deformable solid walls,” Meccanica, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 285–296, 1970.
- H.-S. Kim, “New extruded multi-cell aluminum profile for maximum crash energy absorption and weight efficiency,” Thin-Walled Structures, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 311–327, 2002.
- X. Zhang and G. D. Cheng, “A comparative study of energy absorption characteristics of foam-filled and multi-cell square columns,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 1739–1752, 2007.
- L. Aktay, B.-H. Kröplin, A. K. Toksoy, and M. Güden, “Finite element and coupled finite element/smooth particle hydrodynamics modeling of the quasi-static crushing of empty and foam-filled single, bitubular and constraint hexagonal- and square-packed aluminum tubes,” Materials & Design, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 952–962, 2008.
- V. S. Deshpande and N. A. Fleck, “Isotropic constitutive models for metallic foams,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1253–1283, 2000.
- A. G. Hanssen, Y. Girard, L. Olovsson, T. Berstad, and M. Langseth, “A numerical model for bird strike of aluminium foam-based sandwich panels,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 1127–1144, 2006.
- J. O. Hallquist, LS-DYNA Keyword User's Manual, Livermore Software Technology Corporation, Livermore, Calif, USA, 2007.
- M. V. D. Horst, C. Simms, R. V. Maasdam, and P. Leerdam, “Occupant lower leg injury assessment in landmine detonations under a vehicle,” in Proceedings of the IUTAM Symposium on Biomechanics of Impact: from Fundamental Insights to Applications, Dublin, Ireland, 2005.
- K. Williams, S. Mclennan, R. Durocher, B. S. Jean, and J. Tremblay, “Validation of a loading model for simulating blast mine effects on armored vehicles,” in Proceedings of the 7th International LS-DYNA Users Conference, 2002.
- Y. P. Dong and Z. H. Lu, “Analysis and evaluation of an anti-shock seat with a multi-stage non-linear suspension for a tactical vehicle under a blast load,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers D, vol. 226, pp. 1037–1048, 2012.
- C. N. Kingery and G. Bulmash, “Airblast parameters from TNT spherical air burst and hemispherical surface burst,” Tech. Rep. ARBL-TR-02555, US Army BRL, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md, USA, 1984.
- M. S. Hoo Fatt and H. Surabhi, “Blast resistance and energy absorption of foam-core cylindrical sandwich shells under external blast,” Composite Structures, vol. 94, pp. 3174–3185, 2012.