- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 952497, 14 pages
Seismic Response Analysis of Masonry Minaret and Possible Strengthening by Fiber Reinforced Cementitious Matrix (FRCM) Materials
Civil Engineering Department, Istanbul Kultur University, Atakoy Campus, Bakirkoy, 34156 Istanbul, Turkey
Received 15 February 2013; Revised 16 May 2013; Accepted 20 May 2013
Academic Editor: Jianqiao Ye
Copyright © 2013 Ahmet Murat Turk. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Batur, “1894 Yazı Pek Heyecanlı Geçmişti, Bir Depremin Yüzyıl Dönümü,” Istanbul Dergisi, vol. 10, pp. 25–32, 1994 (Turkish).
- K. H. Kuşüzümü, “Istanbul Minareleri, Vakıf Restorasyon Yıllıgı,” Sayı, vol. 1, pp. 54–64, 2010 (Turkish).
- M. Oguzmert, Yigma Minarelerin Dinamik Davranisi [M.S. thesis], Istanbul Technical University, 2002.
- C. Cosgun, Silindirik Yigma Yapilarin Lif Takviyeli Polimer ile Takviye Edilmesi [M.S. thesis], Istanbul Kultur University, 2005.
- A. M. Turk and C. Cosgun, “The determination of seismic behaviour and retrofit of historical masonry minaret with FRP,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Masonry Conference, vol. 148, pp. 2029–2038, Dresden, Germany, 2010.
- A. M. Turk and C. Cosgun, “Seismic behaviour and retrofit of historic masonry minaret,” Gradevinar, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 39–45, 2012.
- H. Sezen, G. Y. Fırat, and M. A. Sozen, “Investigation of the performance of monumental structures during the 1999 Kocaeli and Duzce earthquakes,” in Proceedings of the 5th National Conference on Earthquake Engineering, AE-020, Istanbul, Turkey, 2003.
- H. Sezen, R. Acar, A. Dogangun, and R. Livaoglu, “Dynamic analysis and seismic performance of reinforced concrete minarets,” Engineering Structures, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 2253–2264, 2008.
- H. Sezen and A. Dogangun, “Seismic performance of historical and monumental structures,” in Earthquake Engineering, H. Sezen, Ed., InTech, 2012.
- A. Dogangun, R. Acar, H. Sezen, and R. Livaoglu, “Investigation of dynamic response of masonry minaret structures,” Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 505–517, 2008.
- A. Dogangun and H. Sezen, “Seismic vulnerability and preservation of historical masonry monumental structures,” Earthquake and Structures, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 83–95, 2012.
- A. C. Altunişik, “Dynamic response of masonry minarets strengthened with fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) composites,” Natural Hazards and Earth System Science, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 2011–2019, 2011.
- C. S. Oliveira, E. Çakti, D. Stengel, and M. Branco, “Minaret behavior under earthquake loading: the case of historical Istanbul,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 19–39, 2012.
- P. B. Lourenço, “Recommendations for restoration of ancient buildings and the survival of a masonry chimney,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 239–251, 2006.
- P. B. Lourenço, D. V. Oliveira, P. Roca, and A. Orduña, “Dry joint stone masonry walls subjected to in-plane combined loading,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 131, no. 11, pp. 1665–1673, 2005.
- P. Gülkan and S. T. Wasti, “Seismic assessment and rehabilitation of historic structures,” Structural Longevity, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 111–134, 2009.
- G. J. Fallis, “Innovation for renovation,” Concrete International, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 62–64, 2009.
- A. Nanni, “A new tool for concrete and masonry repair, strengthening with fiber-reinforced cementitious matrix composites,” Concrete International, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 43–49, 2012.
- A. D'Ambrisi, L. Feo, and F. Focacci, “Experimental analysis on bond between PBO-FRCM strengthening materials and concrete,” Composites B, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 524–532, 2013.
- N. Arioglu and E. Arioglu, Mimar Sinan’ın Sectigi Tas: Kufeki ve Cekme Dayanımı, 14, Turkiye Insaat Muhendisligi Teknik Kongresi, Izmir, Turkey, 1997 (Turkish).
- K. Erguvanli and Z. Ahunbay, “Mimar Sinan Istanbul’daki Eserlerinde Kullandigi Taslarin Muhendislik Jeolojisi ve Mimari Ozellikleri,” Muhendislik Jeolojisi Bulteni, vol. 11, pp. 109–114, 1989 (Turkish).
- Z. Ahunbay, Mimar Sinan Yapilarinda Kullanılan Yapım Teknikleri ve Malzeme, Mimarbası Kocasinan Yasadıgı Cag ve Eserleri, Istanbul, Turkey, 1988 (Turkish).
- E. Arioglu and N. Arioglu, “Mimar Sinan’ın Taşıyıcı Olarak Kullandığı Kufeki Tasinin Muhendislik Gizemi,” in Mimar Sinan Donemi Yapi Etkinlikleri Sempozyumu, Istanbul,Turkey, 1999 (Turkish).
- ANSYS V14. 0. 0, Swanson Analysis System, Canonsburg, Pa, USA, 2011.
- TSC, Specification for Buildings to Be Built in Disaster Areas, Ministry of Public Works and Settlement, 2007.
- Eurocode 8, Design of Structures for Earthquake Resistance, 1998.
- D. Rivera, R. Meli, R. Sánchez, and B. Orozco, “Evaluation of the measured seismic response of the Mexico City Cathedral,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 1249–1268, 2008.
- SeismoArtif, Seismosoft Ltd., 2012.
- Kiyi ve Liman Yapilari, 2007 (Turkish), Demiryollari, Hava Meydanlari Inşaatlarina İlişkin Deprem Teknik Yonetmeligi, Resmi Gazete 26617.
- Google Earth, Google 7. 0. 3. 8542, 2013.
- FEMA-356, Prestandard and Commentary for the Seismic Rehabilitation of Buildings, FEMA Federal Emergency Management Agency, Washington, DC, USA, 2000.