- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 396428, 7 pages
Determination Permeability Coefficient from Piezocone
1Department of Civil Engineering, Anhui University of Science and Technology, Huainan Anhui 232001, China
2Institute of Geotechnical Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210096, China
Received 8 January 2014; Accepted 27 March 2014; Published 27 April 2014
Academic Editor: John W. Gillespie
Copyright © 2014 Qiang Wang and LiYuan Tong. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Douglas, B. J, Olsen, and R. S, “Soil classification using electric cone penetrometer. Cone penetration testing and experience,” in Proceedings of the ASCE National Convention (ASCE '81), pp. 209–227, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- P. K. Robertson, “Soil classification using the cone penetration test,” Canadian Geotechnical Journal, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 151–158, 1990.
- P. K. Robertson and C. E. Wride, “Evaluating cyclic liquefaction potential using the cone penetration test,” Canadian Geotechnical Journal, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 442–459, 1998.
- R. S. Olsen and J. V. Farr, “Site characterization using the cone penetrometer test,” in Use of in Situ Tests in Geotechnical Engineering, pp. 854–868, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), New York, NY, USA, 1986.
- M. Manassero, “Hydraulic conductivity assessment of slurry wall using piezocone test,” Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, vol. 120, no. 10, pp. 1725–1746, 1994.
- R. S. Olsen, “Normalization and prediction of geotechnical properties using the cone penetrometer test,” Tech. Rep. GL-94-29, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, WES, Vicksburg, Miss, USA, 1994.
- J. M. Smythe, P. B. Bedient, R. A. Klopp, and C. Y. Chiang, “An advanced technology for the in situ measurement of heterogeneous aquifers,” in Proceedings of the Conference on New Field Techniques for Quantifying the Physical and Chemical Properties of Heterogeneous Aquifer, pp. 605–628, 1989.
- C. Y. Chiang, K. R. Loos, and R. A. Klopp, “Field determination of geological/chemical properties of an aquifer by cone penetrometry and headspace analysis,” Ground Water, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 428–436, 1992.
- D. Elsworth and D. S. Lee, “Permeability determination from on-the-fly piezocone sounding,” Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, vol. 131, no. 5, pp. 643–653, 2005.
- R. Hill, The Mathematical Theory of Plasticity, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 1983.
- T. Lunne, P. K. Robertson, and J. J. M. Powell, Cone Penetration Testing Geotechnical Practicem, Chapman and Hall, London, UK; Spon press Taylor & Francis Group, New York, NY, USA, 1997.