- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 494851, 8 pages
Effect of Laser Welding Parameters on Formation of NiTi Shape Memory Alloy Welds
1College of Materials Science and Engineering, Jilin University, Changchun 130012, China
2Aviation University of Air Force, Changchun 130022, China
Received 30 December 2013; Revised 11 March 2014; Accepted 13 March 2014; Published 3 April 2014
Academic Editor: Kean Aw
Copyright © 2014 Wei Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C.-W. Chan, Laser micro-welding of a NiTi shape memory alloy for biomedical applications [Ph.D. dissertations], The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2008.
- A. Tuissi, S. Besseghini, T. Ranucci, F. Squatrito, and M. Pozzi, “Effect of Nd-YAG laser welding on the functional properties of the Ni-49.6at.%Ti,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 273–275, pp. 813–817, 1999.
- A. Falvo, F. M. Furgiuele, and C. Maletta, “Laser welding of a NiTi alloy: mechanical and shape memory behaviour,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 412, no. 1-2, pp. 235–240, 2005.
- X. Zhao, W. Wang, L. Chen et al., “Two-stage superelasticity of a Ce-added laser-welded TiNi alloy,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 20, pp. 3539–3541, 2008.
- C. van der Eijk, H. Fostervoll, Z. K. Sallom, and O. M. Akselsen, “Joining of Specialty Materials,” in ASM Materials Solutions Conference & Exposition, ASM International, Pittsburgh, Pa, USA, 2003.
- X. Zhao, W. Wang, L. Chen, F. Liu, J. Huang, and H. Zhang, “Microstructures of cerium added laser weld of a TiNi alloy,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 10-11, pp. 1551–1553, 2008.
- H. Gugel, A. Schuermann, and W. Theisen, “Laser welding of NiTi wires,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 273–275, pp. 149–160, 1999.
- H. Rosner, A. V. Shelyakov, A. M. Glezer, and P. Schlobmacher, “On the origin of the two-stage behavior of the martensitic transformation of Ti50Ni25Cu25 shape memory melt-spun ribbons,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 307, no. 1-2, pp. 188–189, 2001.
- Y. G. Song, W. S. Li, L. Li, and Y. F. Zheng, “The influence of laser welding parameters on the microstructure and mechanical property of the as-jointed NiTi alloy wires,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 15, pp. 2325–2328, 2008.
- T. Y. Kuo and H. C. Lin, “Effects of pulse level of Nd-YAG laser on tensile properties and formability of laser weldments in automotive aluminum alloys,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 416, no. 1-2, pp. 281–289, 2006.
- X.-B. Liu, M. Pang, Z.-G. Zhang, W.-J. Ning, C.-Y. Zheng, and G. Yu, “Characteristics of deep penetration laser welding of dissimilar metal Ni-based cast superalloy K418 and alloy steel 42CrMo,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 929–934, 2007.
- W. Chunming, H. Lunji, and H. Xiyuan, “The relationship between plasma optic signal and penetration depth during partial-penetration laser welding,” Laser Technology, vol. 30, pp. 23–26, 2006.