- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 626425, 7 pages
Effect of Fly Ash on Mortar Mixes with Quarry Dust as Fine Aggregate
1Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Patna, India
2Department of Civil Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Patna, India
Received 22 October 2013; Accepted 12 February 2014; Published 27 March 2014
Academic Editor: Sridhar Komarneni
Copyright © 2014 Baboo Rai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “Use of fly ash in concrete,” ACI Committee 232, American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, Mich, USA, 2004.
- V. M. Malhotra and A. A. Ramezanianpour, Fly Ash in Concrete, CANMET, Ottawa, Canada, 1994.
- V. M. Malhotra, “Making concrete, “Greener” with fly ash,” ACI Concrete International, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 61–66, 1999.
- V. M. Malhotra, “Introduction: sustainable development and concrete technology,” ACI Concrete International, vol. 24, no. 7, p. 22, 2002.
- P. J. Tikalsky, P. M. Carrasquillo, and R. L. Carrasquillo, “Strength and durability considerations affecting mix proportioning of concrete containing fly ash,” ACI Materials Journal, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 505–511, 1988.
- G. Wischers and K. Kuhlmann, “Eco-balance of cement and concrete,” BFT, no. 11, pp. 33–40, 1991.
- R. K. Dhir, N. A. Henderson, and Limbachiya, Use of Recycled Concrete Aggregate, Thomas Telford, London, UK, 1998.
- V. M. Malhotra, “Role of supplementary cementing materials in reducing greenhouse gas emissions,” in Infrastructure Regeneration and Rehabilitation Improving the Quality of Life Through Better Construction: A Vision for the Next Millennium, pp. 27–42, Sheffield Academic Press, Sheffield, UK, 1999.
- E. E. Berry, R. R. Hemminge, W. S. Longlay, and C. G. Carette, “Beneficiated fly ash hydration, microstructure and strength development in portland system,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Congress Fly Ash, Silica Fume, Slag and National Pozzolana in Concrete, V. M. Malhotra, Ed., vol. 114, ACI SP 114-11, pp. 241–273, Trondeheim, Norway, 1989.
- K. Ganesh Babu and G. Siva Nageswara Rao, “Efficiency of fly ash in concrete with age,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 465–474, 1996.
- M. Galetakis and S. Raka, “Utilization of limestone dust for artificial stone production: an experimental approach,” Minerals Engineering, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 355–357, 2004.
- M. Safiuddin, M. F. M. Zain, M. F. Mahmud, and R. S. Naidu, “Effect of quarry dust and mineral admixtures on the strength and elasticity of concrete,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Construction Technology, pp. 68–80, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, 2001.
- T. Celik and K. Marar, “Effects of crushed stone dust on some properties of concrete,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 1121–1130, 1996.
- M. Ghrici, S. Kenai, and M. Said-Mansour, “Mechanical properties and durability of mortar and concrete containing natural pozzolana and limestone blended cements,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 542–549, 2007.
- P. Chindaprasirt, N. Buapa, and H. T. Cao, “Mixed cement containing fly ash for masonry and plastering work,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 612–618, 2005.
- P. Chindaprasirt, C. Jaturapitakkul, and T. Sinsiri, “Effect of fly ash fineness on compressive strength and pore size of blended cement paste,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 425–428, 2005.
- F. Curcio and B. A. DeAngelis, “Dilatant behavior of superplasticized cement pastes containing metakaolin,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 629–634, 1998.
- V. N. Misra, “Use of stone dust from crushers in cement sand mortar,” Indian Concrete Journal, vol. 58, no. 8, pp. 219–223, 1984.
- F. de Larrard and A. Belloc, “The influence of aggregate on the compressive strength of normal and high-strength concrete,” ACI Materials Journal, vol. 94, no. 5, pp. 417–426, 1997.
- C. F. Goble and M. D. Cohen, “Influence of aggregate surface area on mechanical properties of mortar,” ACI Materials Journal, vol. 96, no. 6, pp. 657–662, 1999.
- L. Baali, A. Naceri, and R. Mehamed, “Mechanical response of mortar made with natural and artificial fine aggregates,” Asian Journal of Civil Engineering (Building and Housing), vol. 9, pp. 85–92, 2007.