- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 674719, 6 pages
Thermomechanical and Photophysical Properties of Crystal-Violet-Dye/H2O Based Dissolutions via the Pulsed Laser Photoacoustic Technique
1Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Circuito Interior, Ciudad Universitaria, 04360 México D.F., Mexico
2Centro de Ciencias Aplicadas y Desarrollo Tecnológico, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Circuito Exterior S/N, Ciudad Universitaria, A.P. 70-186 C.P., 04510 México D.F., Mexico
Received 6 July 2013; Accepted 31 January 2014; Published 11 March 2014
Academic Editor: Sanjeeviraja Chinnappanadar
Copyright © 2014 Vicente Torres-Zúñiga et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. L. Swanson, B. D. Billard, and T. L. Gennaro, “Limits of optical transmission measurements with application to particle sizing techniques,” Applied Optics, vol. 38, no. 27, pp. 5887–5893, 1999.
- V. Torres-Zúñiga, R. Castañeda-Guzmán, O. G. Morales-Saavedra, A. L. Pérez-Martínez, and T. Ogawa, “Monitoring molecular orientational order in NLO push-pull based polymeric films via photoacoustic measurements,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 1413–1421, 2011.
- V. Torres-Zúñiga, R. Castañeda-Guzmán, S. J. Pérez-Ruiz, O. G. Morales-Saavedra, and M. Zepahua-Camacho, “Optical absorption photoacoustic measurements for determination of molecular symmetries in a dichroic organic-film,” Optics Express, vol. 16, no. 25, pp. 20724–20733, 2008.
- V. Torres-Zúñiga, R. Castañeda-Guzmán, and O. G. Morales-Saavedra, “Photoacoustic monitoring of the macroscopic orientational order in Disperse Red 1 Azo-Dye based dissolutions,” International Journal of Thermophysics, vol. 34, no. 8-9, pp. 1673–1682, 2013.
- C. K. N. Patel and A. C. Tam, “Pulsed optoacoustic spectroscopy of condensed matter,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 517–550, 1981.
- T. Schmid, U. Panne, R. Niessner, and C. Haisch, “Optical absorbance measurements of opaque liquids by pulsed laser photoacoustic spectroscopy,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 2403–2409, 2009.
- O. Delgado-Vasallo, A. C. Valdés, E. Marín et al., “Optical and thermal properties of liquids measured by means of an open photoacoustic cell,” Measurement Science and Technology, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 412–417, 2000.
- C. Würth, M. G. González, R. Niessner, U. Panne, C. Haisch, and U. R. Genger, “Determination of the absolute fluorescence quantum yield of rhodamine 6G with optical and photoacoustic methods—providing the basis for fluorescence quantum yield standards,” Talanta, vol. 90, pp. 30–37, 2012.
- A. Pérez-Pacheco, R. Castañeda-Guzmán, C. O. M. de Oca, A. Esparza-García, and S. J. P. Ruiz, “Phase transition of TiO2 thin films detected by the pulsed laser photoacoustic technique,” Applied Physics A, vol. 102, no. 3, pp. 699–704, 2011.
- J. A. Curcio and C. C. Petty, “The near infrared absorption spectrum of liquid water,” Journal of the Optical Society American, vol. 41, no. 5, p. 302, 1951.
- S. J. P. Rúiz, S. A. Iniesta, P. R. Hernández, and R. Castañeeda-Guzmán, “Sound speed resolved by photoacoustic technique,” Revista Mexicana de Física, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 213–217, 2007.
- V. Torres-Zúñiga and O. G. Morales-Saavedra, “Structural and nonlinear optical properties of Crystal-Violet octupolar dyes dispersed in bulk SiO2-sonogel optical-glasses,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 133, no. 2-3, pp. 1071–1082, 2012.
- S. L. Kleinman, E. Ringe, N. Valley et al., “Single-molecule surface-enhanced raman spectroscopy of crystal violet isotopologues: theory and experiment,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 133, no. 11, pp. 4115–4122, 2011, Mica Acta, vol. 524, pp. 7–17, 2011.
- R. Roy, W. A. Tiller, I. Bell, and M. R. Hoover, “The structure of liquid water; novel insights from materials research; potential relevance to homeopathy,” Materials Research Innovations, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 93–124, 2005.
- A. Müller, H. Bögge, and E. Diemann, “Structure of a cavity-encapsulated nanodrop of water,” Inorganic Chemistry Communications, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 52–53, 2003.
- M. Garcia-Ratés, P. Miró, J. M. Poblet, C. Bo, and J. B. Avalos, “Dynamics of encapsulated water inside Mo132 cavities,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 115, no. 19, pp. 5980–5992, 2011.