- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 691967, 8 pages
Synthesis and Characterization of SiO2 Nanoparticles and Their Efficacy in Chemical Mechanical Polishing Steel Substrate
1Department of Vehicle Engineering, National Taipei University of Technology, 1, Sec. 3, Chung-Hsiao E. Road, Taipei 10643, Taiwan
2Graduate Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, National Taipei University of Technology, 1, Sec. 3, Chung-Hsiao E. Road, Taipei 10643, Taiwan
3Department of Vehicle Engineering, Army Academy, 750 Longdong Road, Taoyuan 32092, Taiwan
Received 12 September 2013; Revised 9 February 2014; Accepted 23 February 2014; Published 27 March 2014
Academic Editor: Ho Chang
Copyright © 2014 M. J. Kao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Ahn, J.-Y. Yoon, C.-W. Baek, and Y.-K. Kim, “Chemical mechanical polishing by colloidal silica-based slurry for micro-scratch reduction,” Wear, vol. 257, no. 7-8, pp. 785–789, 2004.
- D. G. Thakurta, S. Sundararajan, D. W. Schwendeman, S. P. Murarka, and W. N. Gill, “Two-dimensional wafer-scale chemical mechanical planarization models based on lubrication theory and mass transport,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 146, no. 2, pp. 761–766, 1999.
- P. H. Chen, B. W. Huang, and H.-C. Shih, “A chemical kinetics model to explain the abrasive size effect on chemical mechanical polishing,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 476, no. 1, pp. 130–136, 2005.
- T. Y. Kwon, M. Ramachandran, and J. G. Park, “Scratch formation and its mechanism in chemical mechanical planarization (CMP),” Friction, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 279–305, 2013.
- D. W. Zhao and X. C. Lu, “Chemical mechanical polishing: theory and experiment,” Friction, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 306–326, 2013.
- R. Lindberg, J. Sjöblom, and G. Sundholm, “Preparation of silica particles utilizing the sol-gel and the emulsion-gel processes,” Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, vol. 99, no. 1, pp. 79–88, 1995.
- W. Stöber, A. Fink, and E. Bohn, “Controlled growth of monodisperse silica spheres in the micron size range,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 62–69, 1968.
- M.-H. Oh, J.-S. Nho, S.-B. Cho, J.-S. Lee, and R. K. Singh, “Polishing behaviors of ceria abrasives on silicon dioxide and silicon nitride CMP,” Powder Technology, vol. 206, no. 3, pp. 239–245, 2011.
- Y.-J. Seo and W.-S. Lee, “Effects of different oxidizers on the W-CMP performance,” Materials Science and Engineering B: Solid-State Materials for Advanced Technology, vol. 118, no. 1–3, pp. 281–284, 2005.
- J. Larsen-Basse and H. Liang, “Probable role of abrasion in chemo-mechanical polishing of tungsten,” Wear, vol. 233–235, pp. 647–654, 1999.
- P. Zhang and H. Lei, “Preparation of alumina/silica core-shell abrasives and their CMP behavior,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 253, no. 21, pp. 8754–8761, 2007.
- N.-H. Kim, Y.-J. Seo, and W.-S. Lee, “Temperature effects of pad conditioning process on oxide CMP: polishing pad, slurry characteristics, and surface reactions,” Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 362–370, 2006.
- Y. Xie and B. Bhushan, “Effects of particle size, polishing pad and contact pressure in free abrasive polishing,” Wear, vol. 200, no. 1-2, pp. 281–295, 1996.
- J. Luo and D. A. Dornfeld, “Effects of abrasive size distribution in chemical mechanical planarization: modeling and verification,” IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 469–476, 2003.
- G. B. Basim, J. J. Adler, U. Mahajan, R. K. Singh, and B. M. Moudgil, “Effect of particle size of chemical mechanical polishing slurries for enhanced polishing with minimal defects,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 147, no. 9, pp. 3523–3528, 2000.
- L. Zhong, J. Yang, K. Holland et al., “A static model for scratches generated during aluminum chemical-mechanical polishing process: orbital technology,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 1932–1938, 1999.
- T. Satoh, M. Akitaya, M. Konno, and S. Saito, “Particle size distributions produced by hydrolysis and condensation of tetraethylorthosilicate,” Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 759–762, 1997.
- L. Zhao, J.-G. Yu, B. Cheng, and X.-J. Zhao, “Preparation and formation mechanisms of monodispersed silicon dioxide spherical particles,” Huaxue Xuebao, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 562–566, 2003.
- H. Lei and J. Luo, “CMP of hard disk substrate using a colloidal SiO2 slurry: preliminary experimental investigation,” Wear, vol. 257, no. 5-6, pp. 461–470, 2004.
- Y. Liu, K. Zhang, F. Wang, and W. Di, “Investigation on the final polishing slurry and technique of silicon substrate in ULSI,” Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 66, no. 1–4, pp. 438–444, 2003.