- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 746742, 4 pages
Spontaneous Emission of an Excited Atom in a Dusty Unmagnetized Plasma Medium
Plasma Physics Research School, Plasma Science & Technology Research Institute, Tehran 14399-51113, Iran
Received 19 August 2013; Accepted 3 March 2014; Published 31 March 2014
Academic Editor: Necdet Aslan
Copyright © 2014 Naser Alinejad and Noushin Pishbin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. M. Barnett, B. Huttner, R. Loudon, and R. Matloob, “Decay of excited atoms in absorbing dielectrics,” Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, vol. 29, no. 16, pp. 3763–3781, 1996.
- L. H. Ford and T. A. Roman, “Effects of vacuum fluctuation suppression on atomic decay rates,” Annals of Physics, vol. 326, no. 8, pp. 2294–2306, 2011.
- P. W. Milonni, “Semiclassical and quantum-electrodynamical approaches in nonrelativistic radiation theory,” Physics Reports, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 1–81, 1976.
- T. A. Welton, “Some observable effects of the quantum-mechanical fluctuations of the electromagnetic field,” Physical Review, vol. 74, no. 9, pp. 1157–1167, 1948.
- P. A. M. Dirac, “The quantum theory of the emission and absorption of radiation,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, vol. 114, pp. 243–256, 1927.
- R. Loudon, Quantum Theory of Light, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 3rd edition, 2000.
- N. Pishbin, Decay rate of an excited atom in a moving medium [Ph.D. thesis], Department of Physics, University of Kerman, Kerman, Iran, 2010.
- P. K. Shukla and A. A. Mamun, Introduction to Dusty Plasma Physics, chapter 1, IOP Publishing, 2002.
- N. Pishbin and N. Alinejad, “Decay rate of an excited atom in a magnetized plasma medium,” Journal of Fusion Energy, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 562–565, 2012.
- P. K. Shukla and A. A. Mamun, Introduction to Dusty Plasma Physics, chapter 6, IOP Publishing, 2002.
- L. Landau and E. Lifshitz, Statistical Physics, Pergamon Press, Oxford, UK, 1980.