- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 784162, 10 pages
Effects of CFRP Strengthening on Dynamic and Fatigue Responses of Composite Bridge
1Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Ubon Ratchathani University, Ubon Ratchathani 34190, Thailand
2Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Prince of Songkla University, Songkhla 90112, Thailand
Received 5 November 2013; Accepted 21 January 2014; Published 7 April 2014
Academic Editor: Mohd Sapuan Salit
Copyright © 2014 Kittisak Kuntiyawichai and Suchart Limkatanyu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. W. Klaiber, K. F. Dunker, T. J. Wipf, and W. W. Sanders, Methods of Strengthening Existing Highway Bridges, Transportation Research Board, Washington, DC, USA, 1987.
- R. A. Dorton and R. Reel, Methods for Increasing Live Load Capacity of Existing Highway Bridges, National Academy Press, Washington, DC, USA, 1997.
- R. Mayo, A. Nanni, S. Watkins, and M. Barker, “Strengthening of bridge G-270 with externally bonded CFRP sheets,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on FRP for Reinforcement of Concrete Structures (FRPRCS '04), C. W. Dolan, S. H. Rizkalla, and A. Nanni, Eds., pp. 429–440, ACI, Baltimore, Md, USA, 1999.
- A. H. Al-Saidy, F. W. Klaiber, and T. J. Wipf, “Repair of steel composite beams with carbon fiber-reinforced polymer plates,” Journal of Composites for Construction, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 163–172, 2004.
- A. H. Al-Saidy, F. W. Klaiber, T. J. Wipf, K. S. Al-Jabri, and A. S. Al-Nuaimi, “Parametric study on the behavior of short span composite bridge girders strengthened with carbon fiber reinforced polymer plates,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 729–737, 2008.
- R. Sen, L. Liby, G. Mullins, and K. Spillet, “Strengthening steel composites beams with CFRP laminates,” in Proceedings of the 4th Materials Engineering Conference, K. P. Chong, Ed., pp. 1601–1607, ASCE, Washington, DC, USA, 1996.
- M. Tavakkolizadeh and H. Saadatmanesh, “Fatigue strength of steel girders strengthened with carbon fiber reinforced polymer patch,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 129, no. 2, pp. 186–196, 2003.
- T. C. Miller, M. J. Chajes, D. R. Mertz, and J. N. Hastings, “Strengthening of a steel bridge girder using CFRP plates,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 514–522, 2001.
- M. Chiewanichakorn, A. J. Aref, and S. Alampalli, “Dynamic and fatigue response of a truss bridge with fiber reinforced polymer deck,” International Journal of Fatigue, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 1475–1489, 2007.
- W. Alnahhal, A. Aref, and S. Alampalli, “Composite behavior of hybrid FRP-concrete bridge decks on steel girders,” Composite Structures, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 29–43, 2008.
- AASHTO, ASSHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, Washington, DC, USA, 2007.
- ABAQUS Theory and User’s Manual, Version 6.4, Hibbitt, Karlsson and Sorensen, Pawtucket, RI, USA, 2004.
- Y. B. Yang, J. D. Yau, and L. C. Hsu, “Vibration of simple beams due to trains moving at high speeds,” Engineering Structures, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 936–944, 1997.
- J. J. Wu, A. R. Whittaker, and M. P. Cartmell, “Use of finite element techniques for calculating the dynamic response of structures to moving loads,” Computers and Structures, vol. 78, no. 6, pp. 789–799, 2000.
- J. M. Biggs and H. S. Suer, “Vibration measurements on simple-span bridges,” Highway Research Board Bulletin, vol. 124, pp. 1–15, 1956.
- K. E. Barth and H. Wu, “Development of improved natural frequency equations for continuous span steel I-girder bridges,” Engineering Structures, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 3432–3442, 2007.